Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,330 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

"The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" (50895 Views)

No Life Lost In Banana Island Building Collapse - LASEMA / Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses / Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by invisibledotun: 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
kernniejay:

May the Souls of the departed children rest in Perfect Peace, Amen. May God grant the parents and guardians of the fallen children the fortitude to bear these irreparable losses, amen.

Dotun, what's the last price for the laptop?
It's 45
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by Raalsalghul: 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
highdon:
I AM A FOOTBALL PLAYER THE MORE OLDER I BECOME THE MORE RELEVANT I AM (WHAT AM I)
CR7
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by sammyscholar(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided

Who else is to be blamed are they not the ones charged with the responsibility of approving building plans and regulators of buildings in the state ...my friend you better acquire sense ooh
Read the post again. Please do. Identify the step that had been taken by LSG on the very building before it collapsed.

What I am saying is that LSG shouldnt be accorded any blame for the collapse of the building in question.

And please, when you do re-read the post, come and do the needful to the emboldened in you comment.

Thank you.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by jayloms: 7:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Everybody just SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Tayad of too many talks and no action!!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by jrusky(m): 7:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ehn.......the damage bribery and corruption will do to Nigeria as a nation God will be shock.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by Mac2016(m): 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
eluquenson:
When the regulatory body has been settled heavily, demolition notice was removed. SMH

Our government should accept the blame.
They are only after IGR at the detriment of the citizens lifes and properties.

So many buildings on Lagos island need demolition, I don't know how they got approval to build such tiny buildings with no know space in between houses
More pics
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by PrincessB1(f): 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
Look at how the lives of these innocent school children are been destroyed just because of bribery cry

What a country!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
from geological point of view... my analysis of the subject matter ..

the houses in question are old... maybe built in 1940s...it may initially be a storey building but due to high demand of spaces and rents... the owners may have upgraded it to another storey thereby the same foundation carrying a building is now carrying two ...

subsequently the whole Lagos island are made up of coastal plain sand of the ocean which cannot withdsand weight due to compression of soils... the subsurface(soil under the earth) there are cannot carry much structure of that magnitude unless the foundation is laid with massive piling and reinforced concrete... these are the reason why many houses there need to be demolished and the foundation reconstruct...
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by Toks2008(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
C505:
Ethiopian airline

Now collapsed building

What's next? God save their souls till we meet again in His kingdom

All caused by man's negligence but some will say GOD is wicked for allowing people to die in this manner.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by AmazingELixir: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2019
sammyscholar:
Read the post again. Please do. Identify the step that had been taken by LSG on the very building before it collapsed.

What I am saying is that LSG shouldnt be accorded any blame for the collapse of the building in question.

And please, when you do re-read the post, come and do the needful to the emboldened in you comment.

Thank you.

I'm really struggling to see the logic you're trying to make here...if an agency of Lagos state government marked the building for demolition for over a year and the same agency got itself compromised by collecting bribe and allowing for the re-occupation of the said building ....Who again did you say the blame should go to .....the person who bribed his/her way to re-acquire the building or the government who failed to see through their obligations to bring down the building ...??
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
This is so sad!!!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by AnanseK(m): 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
When TB Joshua’s unauthorized substandard building collapsed and killed over 100 people nothing was done.

TB Joshua who should be in prison for that crime, remains a glorified person with thousands believing that he is a man of God and a prophet!

So nothing should be done and nothing will be done about this somewhat smaller tragedy.

We just sit back and wait for the next collapsed building and then we troop in hundreds to entertain ourselves watching bodies being brought out by disorganized non skilled volunteers working with bare hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by yazzman(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
Most lagos island houses are really old and are prone to be collapsed, I don't know why people still pay to live in those house.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by frowland(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
By the time corruption start dealing with Nigerians, that's when you will all know that the fight against corruption is a collective effort. The price of not doing anything today will be very costly tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by mechanics(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
That's one of the consequence of corruption.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by OnyesomJ(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
It will take The Grave Of God To save This Country From Asshole Leaders..

The Tory Shock Me Walai, Innocent Pikins Just Die Because of Corruption And Bribing
God Have Mercy!!!

I Need To Get The Hell Out Of This Country Sef!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by janettee(f): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Saw the video of the parents weeping about their children. I could never imagine sending my kids to school only for them to be killed by something that could have been avoided.

I just feel so sorry for the parents..

1 Like

Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by manikspears: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
highdon:
I AM A FOOTBALL PLAYER THE MORE OLDER I BECOME THE MORE RELEVANT I AM (WHAT AM I)

Gbagaun!!!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by dreamwords: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
highdon:
A ninconpop
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by lakesider(m): 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2019
Because someone wrote it on twitter, does that makes it real
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by wideawaken01: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
MUMU PEOPLE EVERYWHERE IN GOVERNMENT

Why was it not demolished since then. Useless blood sucking government. They are all the same. Those who knows what to do and refused to do it because of one gain or the other or due to incompetency will one big day lost their own children.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by donttouch: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
16 years of PDP government in Lagos State
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by blank(f): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
What happned to Lekki Garden and Richards case after the destruction? What happened to the LAGS officials that were part of the set up? I doubt anything will come out of this.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by sammyscholar(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
AmazingELixir:

I'm really struggling to see the logic you're trying to make here...if an agency of Lagos state government marked the building for demolition for over a year and the same agency got itself compromised by collecting bribe and allowing for the re-occupation of the said building ....Who again did you say the blame should go to .....the person who bribed his/her way to re-acquire the building or the government who failed to see through their obligations to bring down the building ...??
It might, in the first place, be an ordinary thought or opinion of the media house that reported the news that some officials of the government had compromised -- after they earmarked the building for demolition.

While I codemn such act -- if it ever happened -- , I would want us not to shift attention from most of Nigerians who like to flaut and scorn law and orders.

Had the government forcefully demolished the building then, people might have begun to cry foul, and could have even gone to the extreme of politicising it.

I am not quoting to attack your view, as you can see in my tone. I respect your view, but I want you to see it from this perspective, too.

God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by blingxx(m): 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
sammyscholar:
Some would still blame the LSG. Shame!

Bro I swear you are right.. I remember few years ago when amobode was demolishing illegal building and everybody was cursing the man undecided... We are our own enemy
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by Litmus: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2019
Human rights people bare some responsibility for they are continually trying to prevent Nigeria authorities from demolishing slum dwellings.

RIP
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by Dee60: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
Source?

How authentic is the source?

Beware of fabricated news, otherwise known as fake news!
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by luluman: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
sammyscholar:
Some would still blame the LSG. Shame!
only flat heads will do that.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by BigBashiru: 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
frowland:
By the time corruption start dealing with Nigerians, that's when you will all know that the fight against corruption is a collective effort. The price of not doing anything today will be very costly tomorrow.

Nigerians are lazy... they just ask the gods to fight corruption for them.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by BigBashiru: 12:00am On Mar 14, 2019
blank:
What happned to Lekki Garden and Richards case after the destruction? What happened to the LAGS officials that were part of the set up? I doubt anything will come out of this.

Lekki Gardens walked away a free man and I even hear he has gone to set up other companies he now operates with. The trial was just for show.
Re: "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" by mikeapollo: 12:26am On Mar 14, 2019
obembet:
We all heard the breaking news today of a building in Ita Faaji where the unfortunate incident happen where a 3-storey building collapse that killed and trapped many lives this morning. According Twitter user Adebayo bankole akintunde share "The collapsed Lagos Island building had been marked for demolition & occupants asked to relocate last year.

Months later, the occupants came back, demolition mark erased, someone has been settled.

Now, the building collapsed, killing innocent school pupils."

Source: https://twitter.com/AdeBanqie/status/1105853570660864001?s=19

The question is: did the buiilding have a permit/approval? If yes, then let us ask the govt how/why the building they gave a permit for collapsed.
This is necessary in view of the attitude of LASG to the Synagogue building that ciollapsed in 2014.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos 2022 / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.