Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill (16283 Views)

Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other / Buhari Declines Assent To Five More Bills - Thisday Newspaper / Buhari Declines Assent To Corporate Manslaughter Bill, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by bigboluet(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2019
Does he understand it?
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by brainpulse: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2019
ibietela2:

Dummy
goat

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by ada9ja(f): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2019
Nice, let the house work on it well, if its good enuf,president will sign it, only haters will jump into conclusion without understanding

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by lexy2014: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2019
brainpulse:
What is good in that useless bill

What is useless about d bill?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Peaceontome247: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2019
U are still atikulting and wailing grin grin grin
N2B2:
He declined it because, to him, the bill undermines the power of the houseboy of his cabals, Ibe Kachikwu.

Next Level.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by chriskosherbal(m): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2019
StrikeBack:
Buhari does not understand all This.
Stop wasting his time...

Add " COW or "GWORO" and you'll see him smile while signing.
grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by bluke(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2019
stzy:
What does he know about economics and industrial management

its simply an everyday activities put together to fool you.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by bluefilm: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2019
Promking:
Anything Buhari dey vex me angry

You go vex taya.

2023 e still dey far.

Ntooor gi. tongue

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by gurunlocker: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2019
Lol.... So this man remember he is the minister of petroleum?

Ceremonial President and minister!
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Alwaystruth: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2019
Must you always show your frustration ,stupidity and zombiesm in the public?. What do you know about the bill he declined to assent but you aee already supporting and spewing rubbish.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by IamPatriotic(m): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why is this man declining assent to every good thing?

You're unlearned

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Randy100: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2019
Ejimagift:
Why can't Buhari ban senate and house of representatives. We don't need those arms of government when we have a competent president like Buhari. Senate is wasting the country's resources on frivolous unproductive meetings. Demolish the senate just like Senegalese government did
You, my friend is not intelligent. The reason for legislatures and judiciary is for checks and balances. The senegal you mentioned have semi-presidential system of goverment. They have parliament and judiciary too. Not everybody here is dull like Buhari and his supporters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by vikstandon(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2019
N2B2:
He declined it because, to him, the bill undermines the power of the houseboy of his cabals, Ibe Kachikwu.

Next Level.

IBE Kachikwu is not Minister of Petroleum... Rather Minister of State for Petroleum.

So he can do but little...Baba didn't assent to the bill because it undermines him.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by jrusky(m): 11:36am On Mar 14, 2019
Pls what is the meaning of all these bill this bill that? Pls to what important is the bill we are talking about in the first place? If the bill or the amendment add no value to the massess then it's useless no need keep signing nonsense bill.

Beside the man that refused to sign electoral bill to mend the already mess in Nigeria political scene you are expecting him to sign any further bill?

Pls enough of nonsense bills and enough of Buhari nonsense.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Parada: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2019
Every Nigerian understand this but PDP Igbo supporters and politicians believe they are entitled to stealing Nigerians wealth that is the problem but Buhari is out to stop thatbfrom happening that is why they can not cease wailing helplessly.
Dottore:
Cunny man die Cunny man bury am.
The senate committee added a bogus 0.5% mysterious operational levy the presidency detects and refuses to assent to the bill.
This wicked and greedy lawmakers have met their match. Do you know how much the greedy lawmakers would have been siphoning from the operational levy on a monthly basis. Imagine 0.5percent of $50m.
That's about 250,000usd. My worry is that many Nigerians won't even read or understand his reason but they will quickly start spewing trash like some comments above me and two others below me
God help us all
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by alizma: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2019
kingsjo:
Looks like NASS don't do proper work before sending bills to Mr President who has a professor of law as vice President.
God bless you for this observation. Nigerian youths seems to be responsible for the problems of this nation. any reasonable person would have noticed that Buhari has been pointing out Senate inefficiency.
Nigerian youths these days take everything for a joke. a president took his time to point out loopholes in what was submitted to his office instead of the youths to castigate a good number of people who failed to do their home work well before sending the bill to the President, they are blaming me president for refusing to assent to the half baked bill

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by fredoooooo: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2019
It's either you join the next level train or the next level wailing ....

Note: you're free to kill yourself if you don't like it ... On Baba Buhari we stand

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by BluntBoy(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2019
stzy:
What does he know about economics and industrial management

He doesn't have to know everything. That is why he has a cabinet of experts in every field.

These experts (or ministers) act as an advisory and/or assisting body.

Being president does not mean you have to know everything or be knowledgeable in every field.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by motorola(m): 11:54am On Mar 14, 2019
With due respect my fellow Nigerian ypu need to be schooled, please whenever levies are asked for a national issue, the monies are paid directly to the federal government agency involved meaning the monies go to the FG indirectly, stop spreading wrong signals to the public always read and understand before saying what you dont know, that bill was to make our Oil companies more responsible in their approach to the environment
Dottore:
The senate committee added a bogus 0.5% mysterious operational levy the presidency detects and refuses to assent to the bill.
This wicked and greedy lawmakers have met their match. Do you know how much the greedy lawmakers would have been siphoning from the operational levy on a monthly basis. Imagine 0.5percent of $50m.
That's about 250,000usd. My worry is that many Nigerians won't even read or understand his reason but they will quickly start spewing trash like some comments above me and two others below me
God help us all

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by efilefun(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
Olukat:

grin grin The basic thing you need is to learn "singular and plural"
It was thought during the "Elementary" days shocked shocked shocked
I doubt if you've seen this #Thieves shocked shocked
Lol Mr English i doubt if you've seen this #Taught either
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by bixton(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
DMerciful:
Saw it on another thread and I was extremely disappointed with people preaching southern unity rejoicing that the president declined accent, very shocking!
This is a good bill that will benefit the Niger Delta region but as usual the intention is always to undermine the goose that lays the golden eggs!

Unfortunately this coming NASS will be worse than a rubber stamp, another 4 yrs of declining loading. Sha make him sign the electoral act before he will claim it's too close to 2023 elections!

Look at the quoted comment for instance! Bubu's main reason for declining accent is because of reduction of powers of petroleum ministry and this shows a president should not be the petroleum minister.

What exactly happened to the PIB?
Mention how many bills that are operational that actually benefits the ND region?
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by toolovely(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore:
God help us all

so you that read and understood, the operational cost will go to law makers? the levy was for environmental related issues which the money will go to Buhari directly.

Olodo calling others olodo

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by DMerciful(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
What's your point?
bixton:

What exactly happened to the PIB?
Mention how many bills that are operational that actually benefits the ND region?
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Olukat(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2019
efilefun:
Lol Mr English i doubt if you've seen this #Taught either

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by pchukwudi: 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2019
Who exactly told you that the money is to be paid to the senate?

You guys are just freaking unbelievable! shocked sad angry

Dottore:
God help us all

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Tupacc: 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore:
That's about 250,000usd. [b]My worry is that many Nigerians won't even read or understand his reason but they will quickly start spewing trash like some comments above [/b]me and two others below me
God help us all

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Tupacc: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore:
That's about 250,000usd. [b]My worry is that many Nigerians won't even read or understand his reason but they will quickly start spewing trash like some comments above [/b]me and two others below me
God help us all

They are the Joyless sadist lowlife Flatinnoz. They hate anything that will stop stealing & corruption.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by bixton(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
DMerciful:
What's your point?

The NA have been trying to put certain policies that undermines the President as the president have always complained(cried) about.
If their real intention is to do that, they should call for a new writing of the country's constitution and do all that is necessary limiting the powers of the president. But surely they will not do that because it will also affect their roles.
So we'll end up in this endless fisticuffs between the executive and the legislative.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by dchem(m): 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore:
God help us all

You are an illiterate. Please learn to keep quiet and read first, that way you can get schooled on things you have no clue about.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by DMerciful(m): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2019
The president is crying that NASS is trying to undermine his powers? How ludicrous!
The president instead has been arrogating powers that are not his constitutionally but because the NASS is a rubber stamp, he is getting away with it! Normal clime would have impeached Bubu for gross misconduct (he purchased military aircraft of over $500million without appropriation and also paying subsidy without appropriation)!
bixton:

The NA have been trying to put certain policies that undermines the President as the president have always complained(cried) about.
If their real intention is to do that, they should call for a new writing of the country's constitution and do all that is necessary limiting the powers of the president. But surely they will not do that because it will also affect their roles.
So we'll end up in this endless fisticuffs between the executive and the legislative.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyebanji Visits Rescued Ekiti School Pupils, Teachers In Hospital / CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 / Cash Inflow Into TSA Hits N 4.3trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.