Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,607 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill (16320 Views)

Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other / Buhari Declines Assent To Five More Bills - Thisday Newspaper / Buhari Declines Assent To Corporate Manslaughter Bill, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by mrbock: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2019
motorola:
With due respect my fellow Nigerian ypu need to be schooled, please whenever levies are asked for a national issue, the monies are paid directly to the federal government agency involved meaning the monies go to the FG indirectly, stop spreading wrong signals to the public always read and understand before saying what you dont know, that bill was to make our Oil companies more responsible in their approach to the environment

We really need to devote more funds to education and encourage critical thinking. Alot of comments here are just too ridiculous and that's putting it mildly.

You have a president who is more concerned about having as much power as possible at the detriment of the environment of where the bulk of our revenue comes from
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by mrbock: 1:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
ada9ja:
Nice, let the house work on it well, if its good enuf,president will sign it, only haters will jump into conclusion without understanding

And you think you understand
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by mrbock: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2019
Parada:
Every Nigerian understand this but PDP Igbo supporters and politicians believe they are entitled to stealing Nigerians wealth that is the problem but Buhari is out to stop thatbfrom happening that is why they can not cease wailing helplessly.

From what you wrote, you have greater problems than igbo people.

You are a poster boy for why we need to devote more funds to education.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by CHIDOHSKI: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
Satan66:
Sai baba
Let wailers keep wailing.
I wonder what happened to the Atiku theifs
Baba is the best president in Nigeria history
Satan u and ur old agent of darkness u call president will soon be humiliated.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by mrbock: 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2019
toolovely:

so you that read and understood, the operational cost will go to law makers? the levy was for environmental related issues which the money will go to Buhari directly.

Olodo calling others olodo

The pride he's likes exude even with the obviously false narrative is scary
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Okoroawusa: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
I LOVE PMB
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by kastrovic001(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hey Ibe Kachukwu is not the minister of petroleum, he's the ministry of state for petroleum while Buhari is the current minister of petroleum go and learn the difference?
N2B2:
He declined it because, to him, the bill undermines the power of the houseboy of his cabals, Ibe Kachikwu.

Next Level.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by ibietela2(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore:
Cunny man die Cunny man bury am.
The senate committee added a bogus 0.5% mysterious operational levy the presidency detects and refuses to assent to the bill.
This wicked and greedy lawmakers have met their match. Do you know how much the greedy lawmakers would have been siphoning from the operational levy on a monthly basis. Imagine 0.5percent of $50m.
That's about 250,000usd. My worry is that many Nigerians won't even read or understand his reason but they will quickly start spewing trash like some comments above me and two others below me
God help us all

Did also read to see that the senate are the ones collecting it?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by ogatboy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
kingsjo:
Looks like NASS don't do proper work before sending bills to Mr President who has a professor of law as vice President.

And there are no lawyers in the senate?? or he does not have an adviser on legislative matters??

All the APC lawyers are good for nothing
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by kmaster007: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
Promking:
Anything Buhari dey vex me angry
check ur spelling well
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by CoolAmbience(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Promking:
Anything Buhari dey vex me angry

Come, make I show you where naked transformer dey....
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by SocialJustice: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why is this man declining assent to every good thing?
How is this good? Isn't tax already too much in the industry?
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by awele186: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by kelvd4real(m): 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2019
I hope you understand that you can't have conflict of responsibilities in law. If the powers/responsibilities had already been assigned to the Minister of petroleum in another law/Act, it will be wrong to assign same powers/responsibilities to another agency without first amending the first law to remove the paragraph in question. If NASS was being diligent, they will not have to be exposed the way they've been under this government. But because they merely do copy and past law making, they don't take time to reconcile the bills with already existing laws.

DMerciful:
Saw it on another thread and I was extremely disappointed with people preaching southern unity rejoicing that the president declined accent, very shocking!
This is a good bill that will benefit the Niger Delta region but as usual the intention is always to undermine the goose that lays the golden eggs!

Unfortunately this coming NASS will be worse than a rubber stamp, another 4 yrs of declining loading. Sha make him sign the electoral act before he will claim it's too close to 2023 elections!

Look at the quoted comment for instance! Bubu's main reason for declining accent is because of reduction of powers of petroleum ministry and this shows a president should not be the petroleum minister.

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by DMerciful(m): 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2019
Bubu is just looking for excuse not to accent! If it was something for NE he would have signed it! He is a northern president
kelvd4real:
I hope you understand that you can't have conflict of responsibilities in law. If the powers/responsibilities had already been assigned to the Minister of petroleum in another law/Act, it will be wrong to assign same powers/responsibilities to another agency without first amending the first law to remove the paragraph in question. If NASS was being diligent, they will not have to be exposed the way they've been under this government. But because they merely do copy and past law making, they don't take time to reconcile the bills with already existing laws.

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by ada9ja(f): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
mrbock:

And you think you understand

so the points he noted, u re ignorance of it abi
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Dottore: 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
awele186:
This is wrong and ill informed. Read about the bill. The 0.5 is for 3rd party spills and cleaning up spills just like whats happening in ogoni. It does not go to any individual or law maker.

What happened to the existing g funds being used for the cleaning of the communities affected by the oil spills. Who owns the companies handling the oil cleaning contract. How many times have you seen adverts calling for bids for the cleaning contract.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Dottore: 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
awele186:
This is wrong and ill informed. Read about the bill. The 0.5 is for 3rd party spills and cleaning up spills just like whats happening in ogoni. It does not go to any individual or law maker.

What happened to the existing g funds being used for the cleaning of the communities affected by the oil spills. Who owns the companies handling the oil cleaning contract. How many times have you seen adverts calling for bids for the cleaning contract. Educate me pls
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Dottore: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
dchem:

You are an illiterate. Please learn to keep quiet and read first, that way you can get schooled on things you have no clue about.
What happened to the existing g funds being used for the cleaning of the communities affected by the oil spills. Who owns the companies handling the oil cleaning contract. How many times have you seen adverts calling for bids for the cleaning contract.
Well since you cant air your views without insult now hear this: despite the fact that you came from a generation of sorry m0rons, I give u the privilege of replying you. Even though your wh0re of a mother can't give account of which of the condoms of the many ekuke dogs she sleeps with failed. Your demented supposed father is still wondering how you came about because he knows how incapable he is. I dedicate your future replies to you, your entire generation, existing, unborn, closely and distantly related. Nkakwu
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by awele186: 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Dottore: 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2019
pchukwudi:
Who exactly told you that the money is to be paid to the senate?

You guys are just freaking unbelievable! shocked sad angry

What happened to the existing g funds being used for the cleaning of the communities affected by the oil spills. Who owns the companies handling the oil cleaning contract. How many times have you seen adverts calling for bids for the cleaning contract. Educate me pls
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Dottore: 10:11pm On Mar 14, 2019
awele186:

Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by awele186: 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
Dottore you are spanning this thread. Given you explanation but you don't see reason.

quote author=Dottore post=76663499]

What happened to the existing g funds being used for the cleaning of the communities affected by the oil spills. Who owns the companies handling the oil cleaning contract. How many times have you seen adverts calling for bids for the cleaning contract. Educate me pls[/quote]
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Paentera(m): 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ejimagift:
Why can't Buhari ban senate and house of representatives. We don't need those arms of government when we have a competent president like Buhari. Senate is wasting the country's resources on frivolous unproductive meetings. Demolish the senate just like Senegalese government did

Consider that democracy is a system where there must be representatives of the people at parliament, then it goes to say that this is practically impossible.
Re: President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill by Opharhe: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
N2B2:
He declined it because, to him, the bill undermines the power of the houseboy of his cabals, Ibe Kachikwu.

Next Level.
No, it's about himself. Have you forgotten that Buhari, in addition to being President is also the Minister of Petroleum resources?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. / Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs / May 29: Outgoing Governors laying landmines for Governors-Elect - Daily Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.