Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! (1434 Views)

Glo Unveils New Pocket-friendly Data Packages. / MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages / New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by rhymz(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
As I am writing this piece, I ve already started my countdown to dropping my MTN SIM card. First thing tomorow morning am hitting a phone store, buy me a small phone and relegate this exploitative MTN SIM to the phone, that will mark the end to any use besidez recieving calls and if they try any stupid stunts as a result, I will chew their SIM and spit into the Gutter.
Imagine after migrating to that fraudulent HappyLink package, I decided to apply for the crazy bundle plan under it. Then I made a call that only lasted for 10secs, do U believe this !diots deducted it from the 22min on net time, when I noticed it, I felt like I had been robbed in broad daylight. As if that was not enough, I made another call that lasted for 52 sec and my on-net time went down 4rm 18min to 12min just like. If I had not calmed my nerves and controlled my pulse, I would ve resorted to smashing my phone on the ground in both anger and shock at this kind of coperate daylight robbery. Does it mean these rogues don't ve a billing system they stick to? No Hell! My dough aint going down the drain without me putting up of fight, even if it means calling their custom service and making it rain on em.
Abeg make una helep me join mouth for these issue coz e dey pain die. I bin don dey reason d ntw wey i go use next. Any advice?
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by chakaz(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
Etisalat rules now! just dial *220*1# to start making calls @0.25k/s to any netwk. but they collect N20 daily!
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by rhymz(m): 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2010
I don't understand, as in #20 daily even when U don't ve air time. It is a bet thou.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by chakaz(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2010
No, its only when u have airtime and u can also unsubscribe by dialing *220*2#
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by honsule(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Chikaz.Thankz for the Info.I just called their C.C. to confirmed it.I was told it is their New package.I just dialled the code,but no reply yet
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by rhymz(m): 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2010
I heard they charge like N20 to any ntw. If I were still in Lag I would ve just gone ahead and try dis guyz, I already ve their Sim I use for freebrowsing. God Punshi MTN
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by chakaz(m): 1:39am On Sep 03, 2010
@Honsule ur welcome! Their advert is currently on some fm stations.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by mroluway: 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2010
MTN is a TRash, i'm chewing my sim now,
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by MrWaters: 1:29am On Sep 07, 2010
Thats just a small problem- how about the sim registration?
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by ericok(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
I feel your pain. I know Mtn is well structured to take care of such unfortunate situation. Compensation and refund is possible if you lodge ur complaints appropriately - I hv received this severally. You can contact them through the customer care number 180 or through email. [i]
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by puskin: 11:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
ehn!!!!!!!. . . . . contact MTN. . . pls don't make me laff. grin grin grin
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by igwe4life(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2010
If only NCC will enforce number portability, one will be able to freely move to nother network using the same number.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by lynxnoon(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2010
igwe4life:

If only NCC will enforce number portability, one will be able to freely move to nother network using the same number.
can u state an example of where dis is done? undecided
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by Sadusalam: 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2010
thanks 4 d info
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by lwise(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2010
all their packages are fraudulent.Even if u dont subscribe to any of their packages they deduct 0.80k per second for mtn to mtn call once in a while but u will hardly notice this bc people hardly check their balance after making calls.
No long thing Etisalat still remain the best.
The best advice for now is to receive calls with ur mtn line and make calls with ur Etisalat line.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by DualCore1: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2010
ericok:

I feel your pain. I know Mtn is well structured to take care of such unfortunate situation. Compensation and refund is possible if you lodge your complaints appropriately - I hv received this severally. You can contact them through the customer care number 180 or through email. [i]

Someone should slap this person out of genjutsu and back into reality.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by okgerald(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
Call MTN customer care? Na on top phone you go old!
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by brianromel(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
Right about now mtn must be wondering wats going on. Nobody is making calls on mtn any more ,its just 4 receiving now. Etisalat rocks,i've called everyone i know on my sim and i still got change to make some more calls.Now i fill like i'm in yankee. For mtn i'll say stick ur link up ur pie hole.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by Dioka1: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2010
Dual Core:

Someone should slap this person out of genjutsu and back into reality.

You have not made any point. You need more of the slaps.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by ericok(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2010
brianromel:

Right about now mtn must be wondering wats going on. Nobody is making calls on mtn any more ,its just 4 receiving now. Etisalat rocks,i've called everyone i know on my sim and i still got change to make some more calls.Now i fill like i'm in yankee. For mtn i'll say stick your link up your pie hole.

I am wondering the source of your statistics. MTN remains the number one network in Nigeria in terms of spread, network quality, coverage, number of customers and even earnings.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by DualCore1: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2010
Dioka 1:

You have not made any point. You need more of the slaps.
Wasnt talking to you so STFU and RTFNM.
N = Naruto, had to say tht as your blank brains wont pick it up.

Person go just dey dey find fight. Go pick on someone else cuz picking on me is putting you on a long thing, check my files.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by WackyJ1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2010
Ericok how much are you getting for doing Pr for mtn
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by ericok(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2010
Just being objective.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by aieromon(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
You can easily get connected to MTN CC by choosing any language other than English.Works for me anytime i want to pick the brains of the CC officers.Unfortunately,the brains contain nothing but air.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by akyus(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2010
I don't even want to know about the mtn new packages. I'm just hoping that Etisalat would be able to maintain quality of service with the increasing number of subcribers. The Easylife Etisalat Package is a good one. 25k/sec that is #15/min to all networks. Just dial *220*1# and send. You'll be charged #20 daily but you can opt out at any time you wish by just dialing *220*2#. And if you've any difficulties call their customer care on 200. In my opinion, Mtn have tried. Just imagine the number of subscribers on the network. I believe that with the  decreasing number of subscribers, services will improve.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by akyus(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2010
I don't even want to know about the mtn new packages. I'm just hoping that Etisalat would be able to maintain quality of service with the increasing number of subcribers. The Easylife Etisalat Package is a good one. 25k/sec that is #15/min to all networks. Just dial *220*1# and send. You'll be charged #20 daily but you can opt out at any time you wish by just dialing *220*2#. And if you've any difficulties call their customer care on 200. In my opinion, Mtn have tried. Just imagine the number of subscribers on the network. I believe that with the decreasing number of subscribers, services will improve.
Re: Mtn And Their Fraudlink Packages. Beware! by WackyJ1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
One thing to worry about is that, with etisalat's very low tarrif more people will join them and the network will become bad or even worse become like mtn.

(1) (Reply)

How To Know The Imei & Pin Of A Blackberry / Unlock Airtel From Sim1 On Tecno N3 / How To Comfirm Your Blackberry ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.