Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ways To Avoid Omo Onile’s Wahala When You Want To Buy A Property In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ways To Avoid Omo Onile’s Wahala When You Want To Buy A Property In Lagos (542 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Avoid Omo Onile’s Wahala When You Want To Buy A Property In Lagos by CleftEvents: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ayomide is a hard working banker who lives in Lagos State.

Five years after working in the bank he met his better half, they got married and gave birth to a bouncing baby girl.

They love their child fiercely and would do anything to protect her and secure her future.

They decided to buy a land in Ikorodu so as to live and bring up their child in a secured environment.

Ayomide has a childhood friend named Musiliu who is an OMO ONILE in ikorodu so he decided to deal through him.

On a cool sunday afternoon Ayomide took his wife( Chizoba) to go and see his childhood friend so as to discuss on how to see and purchase the property.

Musiliu took them to the property and they both fell in love with it,it was the right budget and strategically located.

They had already started projecting on how the house was going to look like. They both agreed that he was going to do the transfer when he got to the office the next day.

Chizoba is finally going to become a landlady and she has already started thinking of how she is going to brag about it and oppress her friends.

The next morning she woke her husband very early to start preparing for work and went about her chores in a joyful mood. You could hear her melody from the next compound.

At about 9am Musiliu called Ayomide just to check up on him and his friend told him that he was going to do the transfer right away.

Ayomide transferred the money and called his friend and told him that he had done it,he also called his wife and told her that he has done the transaction.

His wife praised him in his Oriki for about 5 minutes before dropping the call. Meanwhile she posted her picture with the caption “THE NEWEST LANDLADY” , “SMALL GIRL BIG GOD” and “THANKFUL”on all her social media status. She cannot wait to oppress everybody by the time the house is completed.

Chizoba encouraged her husband to quickly do the foundation and start building. Within 3 months Ayomide had already erected a structure to the lintel level.

One day, his workers called him to tell him that a group of boys came to chase them from the site. He called his friend immediately and Musiliu told him that he would address the issues.

Unknown to Ayomide his friend had collected money from 1 other guy who is residing abroad and he is back.

The new guy took some people to the site only to find a structure there and for 2 weeks Musiliu had been trying to contain the issue but the new guy was fed up! The money he collected from the new guy was 3 times higher than what he collected from his friend.

He had already spent the money so he couldn`t refund. After much problem from Ayomide and his wife,Musiliu is nowhere to be found.

Today Ayomide has to start from square one…

Chizoba is regretting,if she had known she would have advised her husband to buy from the real estate company she saw on social media….

The story of Ayomide is a not peculiar case when dealing with OMO ONILE.

Although some people are lucky and usually get it right but majority of the people buying land in Nigeria are not so lucky which is why I`m going to be talking about OMO ONILE and how to avoid their “wahala”.

Incase you don’t know what OMO ONILE MEANS,OMO ONILE can literally be translated as “THE CHILD OF THE LANDOWNER”.

As the name implies they are actually the real owners of the land. In history we call them THE ABORIGINES. Their forefathers have been inhabiting on the land from the earliest times.

These OMO ONILEs are people you would naturally want to avoid when buying a land in nigeria. A lot of people are trying to boycott them because they come with a lot of troubles.

These set of people are not people you want to encounter because you will not have peace of mind and there is a likelihood that your property will be sold to like 4 or 5 people and they may end up inflicting injury on you if you don`t comply to their wishes.

So a lot of people are actually trying to avoid them.

In this article i am going to teach you how to avoid OMO ONILE “wahala” :

Of course the first thing I always advise my client it that they should endeavour to BUY from Real Estate Developers,it`s the best.

Let the OMO ONILE people deal with the companies directly.

Most of these organisations are seasoned real estate companies and they have experience in dealing with them. They know what to avoid and how to get them if there is any trouble.

If peradventure you decide to deal direct with OMO ONILE this is what you should do:

Go to the said property and pick the coordinate. You can download a GPS ODOMETER on your phone,pick the coordinate!
Take the coordinate to ALAUSA and check if there is any issue with the land.
If its free then you can go ahead and pay for land,receipt and “foundation” money. Don`t forget that you are still going to pay for roofing and other things when you start building
Afterwards you have to get a surveyor to survey the land. A survey usually shows the precise measurement of the land,your name and every other thing that shows the land belongs to you. A survey document is one of the most important documents that shows the land belongs to you. It is legally binding!
The next step is to perfect the title i.e getting the Certificate Of Occupancy.
Trust me…all these steps can be confusing and stressful.

The funny thing is that most people usually miss one of these steps and find themselves back in square 1!

That’s why it’s more advisable to buy your landed property from a well known & reputable company or agency to avoid all the stress that comes from buying your lands from Omooniles and give yourself high blood pressure for no reason.

And this is exactly what I have vowed to do for all all my followers and clients who follow my advice and purchase any property from me….

My name is Ifeoma Remmy.

I`m the founder of BRICKMAKERS REAL ESTATE COMPANY

I’m a seasoned property consultant and adviser.

If you know youve learnt one or two things from this short article and you wish to learn more, I have got good news for you.

I have a special Email newsletter called “Ifeoma Talks Property” where I will send you solid unadulterated property investment advice and affordable offers that will blow your mind.

To join my Special email newsletter, Click the link below and fill the form.

Click Herhe==>https://mailchi.mp/70006111646a/ifyemail

Remember, if you want to secure your family’s future, the BEST way to do that is to own a property that will fend for them for a very long time….but your efforts can be frustrated if you don’t have a professional to advise you.

That’s why I created this newsletter to educate and inform my followers about the dos and don’ts of buy any property in Lagos especially.

Join my special newsletter & get access to the best property offers in Nigeria & professional advice too.

Click Here==> https://mailchi.mp/70006111646a/ifyemail

Remember, a stitch in time saves nine! Until i come your way next time stay blessed and avoid being a victim.
Re: Ways To Avoid Omo Onile’s Wahala When You Want To Buy A Property In Lagos by CleftEvents: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Where In Lagos Can I Get A Good 2 Bedroom Flat With 400-500k / Acres Of Land For Sale At Owode Idiroko, Ogun State. / Short Let Apartment In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.