Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water (14339 Views)

Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night / The Virtues Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by ZombieNation: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2019
iamgenius:
You just copied and paste it here. You're so low, very low upstairs.

Why invent the wheel?

The zam zam well water is hazardous for human consumption and use.
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
ZombieNation:

Why invent the wheel?

The zam zam well water is hazardous for human consumption and use.
It has been proven by scientist that it is very good for consumptionz and it's from a very pure source, though we don't need scientist to know, Allah is the omniscient, and he has revealed to us everything we need to know. The remaining knowledge is left for us to find
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by najib632(m): 1:33am On Mar 23, 2019
ZombieNation:
The British Food Standards Agency has in the past issued warnings about water claiming to be from the Zamzam Well containing dangerous levels of arsenic;[14] such sales have also been reported in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), where it is illegal to sell Zamzam water.[4] The Saudi government has prohibited the commercial export of Zamzam water from the kingdom.[4] In May 2011, a BBC London investigation found that water taken from taps connected to the Zamzam Well contained high levels of nitrate, potentially harmful bacteria, and arsenic at levels three times the legal limit in the UK, the same levels found in illegal water purchased in the UK.[2] Arsenic is a carcinogen, raising concerns that any who regularly consume commercial Zamzam water in large quantities may be exposed to higher risks of cancer.

Later in that month the Council of British Hajjis stated that drinking Zamzam water was safe and disagreed with the BBC report. They also went on to point out that the Government of Saudi Arabia does not allow the export of Zamzam water for resale. Also stating that it was unknown if the water being sold in the UK was genuine, people should not buy it and report the sellers to the Trading Standards.[15][better source needed]

The BBC's findings have drawn mixed reactions from the Muslim community.[16] Environmental health officer Dr Yunes Ramadan Teinaz told the British broadcaster about commercially marketed Zamzam water that, "People see this water as a holy water. They find it difficult to accept that it is contaminated, but the authorities in Saudi Arabia or in the U.K. must take action."[17] The Saudi authorities have stated that water from the well was tested by the Group Laboratories of CARSO-LSEHL in Lyon, licensed by the French Ministry of Health for the testing of drinking water. According to reports of these results, the level of arsenic in Zamzam water taken at its source is much lower than the maximum amount permitted by the World Health Organization.[18] The Saudi authorities have thus said that the water is fit for human consumption.[19] Zuhair Nawab, president of the Saudi Geological Survey (SGS), has claimed that the Zamzam Well is tested on a daily basis, in a process involving the taking of three samples from the well. These are said to be examined in the King Abdullah Zamzam Water Distribution Center in Mecca, which is equipped with advanced facilities.[18] An article written in Skeptic magazine in 2017 states that the methodologies of testing used by Saudi authorities are incomplete, inadequate and biased.[20]
Millions of people drink zamzam water and they haven't died of any infections or any diseases. They're jealous of the blessing Allah bestowed upon the Muslims.
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by najib632(m): 1:36am On Mar 23, 2019
Kentuforchrist:
Jesus is Lord both now and forever whether u Muslims like it or not He
Jesus A.S is the messiah and the a spirit of Allah just like Adam A.S. Jesus A.S. is one of the 5 greatest messengers of Allah. Muslims even know miracles that Jesus A.S. did that Christians don't know about.
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by true2god: 7:15am On Mar 23, 2019
It has been proven by scientist that it is very good for consumptionz and it's from a very pure source, though we don't need scientist to know, Allah is the omniscient, and he has revealed to us everything we need to know. The remaining knowledge is left for us to find
The Saudi govt spends millions of dollars on water purification machines to process the zam-zam water and remove all forms of impurities from it. Besides, it has no any spiritual, healing or supernatural value except the emotion people attach to the water going by the story people were told about the origin of the water which can not even be verified, outside the Islamic circle.

1 Like

Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by najib632(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2019
true2god:
The Saudi govt spends millions of dollars on water purification machines to process the zam-zam water and remove all forms of impurities from it. Besides, it has no any spiritual, healing or supernatural value except the emotion people attach to the water going by the story people were told about the origin of the water which can not even be verified, outside the Islamic circle.
This guy is funny, tell us how the people have been drinking the water and surving for the past 1300+ years with falling sick if it was the millions of the Saudi government that was purifying it? And who said it has no spiritual healing or super natural value? You annoy me so much I swear. You who claims to be a Christian doesn't know the story of Ishmael and his mother? Of course not everything can be verified by science. A well of just 17 meters producing 100000s of litres per day. How do you expect anyone to have an explanation for that, except the Muslims who say it's a miracle of Allah.
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by true2god: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
najib632:
This guy is funny, tell us how the people have been drinking the water and surving for the past 1300+ years with falling sick if it was the millions of the Saudi government that was purifying it? And who said it has no spiritual healing or super natural value? You annoy me so much I swear. You who claims to be a Christian doesn't know the story of Ishmael and his mother? Of course not everything can be verified by science. A well of just 17 meters producing 100000s of litres per day. How do you expect anyone to have an explanation for that, except the Muslims who say it's a miracle of Allah.
Don't be upset with me; just look at the rational side of things. It's like a Christian who visit Jerusalem and come back to tell me that he came back with a piece of cloth which Jesus wore. Or a Christian who visits Israel and come back with water from river Jordan. I used to take them serious when I was younger but I now see that it's all nonsenses.

The zam-zam water fall into the same category as above. How can Muslims preach against shirk and still tell me of the 'miracles' of zam-zam water Is that not shirk? It is true that hundreds of Millions of Muslims have been drinking from the water, even before modern science, but I can tell you, with all sense of honesty, if the zam-zam well water is not purified, well treated and any iron and acidic contents removed, people will be falling sick and some will develop different kind of water-related sicknesses from taking the water. Religion should not make us irrational.

We have thousands of wells in many part of the world that people have been drinking water from for hundreds of years, so what's the big deal about the zam-zam well, except for religious gratification! Go and check the life expectancy of people that lived within the perimeter where the zam-zam well is sited about 200-400 years ago, when the water was not treated, and now and you will see the difference. About 200 years ago, the people that lives closer to the water and used it for both domestic and spiritual need have a shorter life-span than the current generation. What do you think can responsible for that? I tell you, it is many variable and the type of water they consume cannot be ignored.
Re: Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water by najib632(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
true2god:
Don't be upset with me; just look at the rational side of things. It's like a Christian who visit Jerusalem and come back to tell me that he came back with a piece of cloth which Jesus wore. Or a Christian who visits Israel and come back with water from river Jordan. I used to take them serious when I was younger but I now see that it's all nonsenses.

The zam-zam water fall into the same category as above. How can Muslims preach against shirk and still tell me of the 'miracles' of zam-zam water Is that not shirk? It is true that hundreds of Millions of Muslims have been drinking from the water, even before modern science, but I can tell you, with all sense of honesty, if the zam-zam well water is not purified, well treated and any iron and acidic contents removed, people will be falling sick and some will develop different kind of water-related sicknesses from taking the water. Religion should not make us irrational.
The glory of Zam Zam water is from the Qur'an and Hadith itself, shirk is associating of partners in worship with Allah so understand that first. The Salafi scholars would have tagged the term "miracles of Zam Zam water" Heresy or innovation if the reports were not authentic and experienced, the Salafis stopped all those super Sufis who used to go there and do grave worship and fetch the sands of the graves of people all of these have been stopped. The Zam Zam water does not contain any thing harmful mister, That well has kept people alive for almost 10,000+ years. How many years did Ishmael live? His children? The tribe of Jurhum? They all lived long lives. The people of Mecca have one of the longest life expectancy since ages ago how long did The messenger of Allah S.A.W uncle live? His grand father? His Uncles too, weren't most of them old and active? And his family were the overseers of the well and the Ka'aba. So this your claim of life expectancy is weak, very weak. You can only say that living conditions are now better due to the wealth of Saudi Arabia and hence life expectancy has also improved.

true2god:

We have thousands of wells in many part of the world that people have been drinking water from for hundreds of years, so what's the big deal about the zam-zam well, except for religious gratification! Go and check the life expectancy of people that lived within the perimeter where the zam-zam well is sited about 200-400 years ago, when the water was not treated, and now and you will see the difference. About 200 years ago, the people that lives closer to the water and used it for both domestic and spiritual need have a shorter life-span than the current generation. What do you think can responsible for that? I tell you, it is many variable and the type of water they consume cannot be ignored.
Have you read about the narration of a Companion who hid away from the pagans of Mecca when they were persecuting the Muslims. He hid inside the Ka'aba throughout the day and he came out at night to drink from the well of Zam Zam and that's what he fed on for almost a month plus. Also when Ismael and his mother A.S. were left alone they drank only Zam Zam water for only Allah knows how long before the tribe of Jurhum came and settled with them. Zam Zam water expires after a while when you see white particles that settle at bottom of the container these are the minerals contained in it and it is proven that it has the 6 classes of food and highly effective in exorcism.
This your claim of life span is futile mister. 200 years ago was the time of colonialism and world wars how do you expect life expectancy to be high when the British were killing everybody then?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1 / What Is Wrong With Tintingz? / How To Protect Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.