Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,404 members, 7,822,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? (14090 Views)

Michael Jackson, Islam & The Illuminati / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 6:32am On Nov 25, 2013
If so, how do my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters deal with the evil discrimination that people do. I see so many hateful threads in regards to Islam on this forum despite our high population in Nigeria. For the most part I try to ignore the it ignorant comments. How do you all deal with it?

4 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2013
D lion'sheart:
On the contrary, Islam may not be the most discriminated religion in the world but THE MOST VIOLENT religion in the world and the PRODUCERS OF VIOLENT ORGANIZATIONS AND PEOPLE. Example, where did the Islamic sect called boko haram originated from? Is it Christianity that produced other violent, bloodsucking terrorist groups, organizations and sect in the world today? Which religion prepared the ground, education, indoctrination and belief or are traced to the most deadly terrorist groups that the world is battling to checkmate or curtail to its bearest minimum today? If its Islam, then, why will people like a religion that's maimed their brothers, sisters, etc and turned many to orphans, widows, widowers, cripple, disadvantaged or physically challenged? Answers to the above questions should help you to know whether Islam is the most discriminated religion in the world.

This is the kind of thing I am talking about people saying that Islam is violent (using a select group of people to judge almost 2 billion people). Should people say the same about Mexican drug cartels (aren't most Mexican people Catholic/Christian?) What about all the shootings that happen in the inner cities of America (America has a large Christian population), heck a lot of places in the Americas are like this. It's not the religion.

22 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Sissie(f): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2013
D lion'sheart:
I don't know how your response answers the questions I've asked. DON'T Be AN EXTREMIST. Just be rational.

Are you being rational? Actually you just showed discrimination.

6 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Sissie(f): 9:15am On Nov 25, 2013
If islam is violent we have over a billion Muslims, you lion'sheart won't be alive to even answer the question, you would have been killed.

So what is the percent of the violent Muslim, less than 1% of its population.

So much noise about bokoharam, what's the percentage of Christians killed compared to the Muslim, it's a know fact that they've killed more Muslims than Christians.

7 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Dlionsheart: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Sissie:

So what is the percent of the violent Muslim, less than 1% of its population.

So what's the percentage of the violent Muslim who doesn't kill with weapons or belong to any terror groups but are extremist, aggressive, domineering, oppressive, incisive, violent in words and actions/inactions or deeds, and practices or preaches hates, segregation and discrimination of none Muslim? These are silent destructive weapons that kills a thousand times faster than nuclear weapons. Can u account for the percentage of Muslim faithful that subscribe to such?

17 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
D lion'sheart:

So what's the percentage of the violent Muslim who doesn't kill with weapons or belong to any terror groups but are extremist, aggressive, domineering, oppressive, incisive, violent in words and actions/inactions or deeds, and practices or preaches hates, segregation and discrimination of none Muslim? These are silent destructive weapons that kills a thousand times faster than nuclear weapons. Can u account for the percentage of Muslim faithful that subscribe to such?

You can't use the actions of a select few human beings and say almost 2 billion people behave this way. Give me an example of practitioners of a particular religion that are without violence. It is not the religion but people themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
I think that Islam is discriminated against especially in places where Muslims are a minority or are not in power.

But some non Muslims may also claim to be discriminated against in Muslim populated areas. But on a general scale and given the acts of terrorism carried out by a few Muslim and the press coverage that gets, it is only expected that Muslims would be discriminated against.

On your question about how we cope. I have spent more time around comfort zones where it doesnt matter that I am a Muslim.

Beyond that zone, anyone who wants to discriminate against me would have to think twice because my head and shoulders are usually up high and I cannot be talked down on. Whatever problem relating with people I may have would usually not have to do with my religion.

But I remember that when I was in secondary school, even though I was supposed to make prefect, it was whispered around that our SU principal just did not want that. It does not matter now though..I did way better than the prefects in my final exam..it was Allah's doing smiley

Here on NL though, some intolerant people just want to use the 'she is a Muslim' against deols even when the topic has nothing to do with Islam. Some assume that my opinion of certain things is religion based and that is just unfair.

Generally, I think I haven't had to deal with much discrimination based on faith.

13 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
please don't allow the derailers.Let us stay on topic.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
deols: I think that Islam is discriminated against especially in places where Muslims are a minority or are not in power.

But some non Muslims may also claim to be discriminated against in Muslim populated areas. But on a general scale and given the acts of terrorism carried out by a few Muslim and the press coverage that gets, it is only expected that Muslims would be discriminated against.

On your question about how we cope. I have spent more time around comfort zones where it doesnt matter that I am a Muslim.

Beyond that zone, anyone who wants to discriminate against me would have to think twice because my head and shoulders are usually up high and I cannot be talked down on. Whatever problem relating with people I may have would usually not have to do with my religion.

But I remember that when I was in secondary school, even though I was supposed to make prefect, it was whispered around that our SU principal just did not want that. It does not matter now though..I did way better than the prefects in my final exam..it was Allah's doing smiley

Here on NL though, some intolerant people just want to use the 'she is a Muslim' against deols even when the topic has nothing to do with Islam. Some assume that my opinion of certain things is religion based and that is just unfair.

Generally, I think I haven't had to deal with much discrimination based on faith.

Thank you Deols
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Logicbwoy: 5:58am On Nov 27, 2013
Yes, there is discrimination agaisnt islam or muslims. No doubt about that. It sgould be condenmed and tackled. There are men who physically attack hijabi women. There are people who will not even speak to a muslim in the uk. I have first hand experience of this.

Now, here is the flip side of the coin. Islam too can be discriminatory. Look at the popular islamic countries and see how they treat the christian and pagan minorities. They have policies that affect the freedom of non muslims.

Atheism is not a religion but it faces a lot of religious discrimination. Ask any atheist in an islamic society. The discrimination is so open and accepted.

Some might even go as far as saying that islam is the most intolerant religion. I do not hold this view but I can understand why some make this grandiose claim that will be hard to prove. They see terrorism as a part of islam which is wrong.

Discrimination is bad, no matter who it happens to; muslim or not muslim.

The whole point of my comment is to see discrimination from both sides.

6 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by babylolaroy(f): 9:55am On Nov 27, 2013
i hold dah view too. i see discrimination from both sides of the coin.

buh Op, i want you to know that terrorists are not muslims. islam says: 'do unto your brother what you wud have done to you'.
" do not oppress others and do not be oppressed"
and so many other hadiths. so whoever doesnot follow these injunctions, the prophet sed 'fa laisa minni'.."he is not among us( i.e the ummah)". that means if yu really do know a muslim extremist or terrorist or 'violentists', then they have slipped out of the fold of islam and they are not of the ummah

yu shudnt judge islam by one person's attitude.

6 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 10:08am On Nov 27, 2013
I reply with : May Allah forgive you, May Allah guide you, May Allah bring you on the right path. Sometimes I enjoy their silliness grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Here is an example of the Nl ones.

See how the topic of the thread and my reply to it has nothing to do with Islam. But this guy sees it as an opportunity to slander.

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by babylolaroy(f): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
subhanallah!!!
sis. deols, dah was bad of him. sorry on his behalf buh i hope yu put him where he belong
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
babylolaroy: subhanallah!!!
sis. deols, dah was bad of him. sorry on his behalf buh i hope yu put him where he belong

I quoted it to corroborate the topic. I take no offense.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by CyrusLevi(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
You are still on it @deols,you are energetic to carry on.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 4:33am On Nov 28, 2013
babylolaroy: i hold dah view too. i see discrimination from both sides of the coin.

buh Op, i want you to know that terrorists are not muslims. islam says: 'do unto your brother what you wud have done to you'.
" do not oppress others and do not be oppressed"
and so many other hadiths. so whoever doesnot follow these injunctions, the prophet sed 'fa laisa minni'.."he is not among us( i.e the ummah)". that means if yu really do know a muslim extremist or terrorist or 'violentists', then they have slipped out of the fold of islam and they are not of the ummah

yu shudnt judge islam by one person's attitude.

I am quite aware that Terrorism and Islam are not synonymous. I myself am a Muslim, but I would like to address the prejudice that Muslims face worldwide.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
The prejudice is unfair and shameful.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
You can see how they are feasting on the animals rights thread. Pathetic sad
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
deols: The prejudice is unfair and shameful.
you are 100% right. Thank you for your job
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
grin grin

Nah!!!!
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by mmmustapha(m): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
why do you people like abusing Islam n Muslims? islam this islam that yyyy....
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by onila(f): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
African traditional religion is the most discriminated

10 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Psychedelia(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
I think that title goes to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The way they get doors slammed on their faces daily, it's hard not to feel sad for them sometimes.

We used to live around World Bank, Owerri, and we had this short-tempered, often unintentionally funny, angry fat man as a neighbour. This man was involved in a messy land battle against one of his nephews, and the case had gone to court.

Anyway, when he finally got the phone call that he had LOST the court case, the dude was seething with so much anger, hate, rage, sweat, shouts and insults.
Unlucky enough for the Jehovah's Witnesses, that was the same day they chose to pay him a visit.

"Good afternoon, sir. I'm Kate, he's Amadi, this is little Chinenye, and we're Jehovah's Witnesses. We'd like to share, with you, the great news of Divine Salvation".

"Onye nkea ọ shị ọtụ nne ya mere gịnị?" was his reply.
Fat man wasn't about that life, and he quickly unleashed his alsatian dogs to teach them a lesson. That day, we saw lots of Usain Bolts and mini Usain Bolts.

Shhitt happens, mehn.

11 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Businesstools(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
[quote
author=Sissie]If islam is violent we have over a billion Muslims, you
lion'sheart won't be alive to even answer the question, you would have
been killed.

So what is the percent of the violent Muslim, less than 1% of its
population.

So much noise about bokoharam, what's the percentage of Christians
killed compared to the Muslim, it's a know fact that they've killed more
Muslims than Christians. [/quote] Who told you that Boko Haram has killed more muslims than christians?
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
onila: African traditional religion is the most discriminated
I don't think so at least not on Nl and in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by experimentist: 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Islam forever no matter what! Sister deols, I always dey gbadun ur posts and replies to them. Kudos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? / Is Shayton Also Whispering In Your Ear? Read This And Beware! / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.