Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My 100% Organic Cucumber Project - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 100% Organic Cucumber Project (5164 Views)

My Cucumber Project / Be A Distributor Of This Wonder 100% Organic Agro Product With Just #60k. / 100% Organic & Natural Turmeric Powder Is Available At Lower Price In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by okoroemeka(m): 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2019
jidestroud:
Cucumber Update. 29days precisely!!!

Walahi, growing cucumber organically na serious war!!!. I ain't prepared to lose the battle any time soon. Made a few mistakes with spacing and numbers per bag. I had prune down to two per bag. Lesson learned for better project. Almost tempted to spray inorganic chemicals but I sure did resist the devil
op,seems the leafs has white borders or zigzag lines on it,let it not be what I am thinking it is because if it is,no organic concoction can save you from leaf miner
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
okoroemeka:
op,seems the leafs has white borders or zigzag lines on it,let it not be what I am thinking it is because if it is,no organic concoction can save you from leaf miner
Leaf miner kwa? shocked. No ooooo. That's was actually caused by me. I applied the neem oil just a little too much after the heavy downpours this past week and it burnt the leaves.

1 Like

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by austinomd(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
Good Day, such a good thread you've got here, I have a very strong believe that farming is one of the easiest ways to financial freedom for the younger generations.

I'm interested in farming, i intend to go into integrated vegetable farming but i lack the basic knowledge and resources for now, so i'm looking out for someone who can mentor me to acquire the required knowledge before i venture in fully.

I've been looking out for a small piece of land (i think a plot or half will be fine) to set up a pilot farm close to my location that i will use in the learning.

I know everyone is busy, but i think some of the experts in this thread can squeeze out a little time out of their schedule to mentor me and a few others who are also in dire need of basic knowledge to start.

Kindly indicate if you can help our ministry, and also newbies or intending farmers who require mentor-ship like me should also indicate so that whosoever wants to offer mentorship will know you guys.

1 Like

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
austinomd:
Good Day, such a good thread you've got here, I have a very strong believe that farming is one of the easiest ways to financial freedom for the younger generations.

I'm interested in farming, i intend to go into integrated vegetable farming but i lack the basic knowledge and resources for now, so i'm looking out for someone who can mentor me to acquire the required knowledge before i venture in fully.

I've been looking out for a small piece of land (i think a plot or half will be fine) to set up a pilot farm close to my location that i will use in the learning.

I know everyone is busy, but i think some of the experts in this thread can squeeze out a little time out of their schedule to mentor me and a few others who are also in dire need of basic knowledge to start.

Kindly indicate if you can help our ministry, and also newbies or intending farmers who require mentor-ship like me should also indicate so that whosoever wants to offer mentorship will know you guys.

Sorry for For d late response. To be frank with you, all the knowledge needed for vegetable farming can be gotten online which I believe is very much okay as a guide. Nevertheless, I will drop my contact for immediate feedback on issues if the need be for you to contact me.

1 Like

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Kehfie:
Good day Boss @ jidestroud. Pls whatsapp me on 07033866556
Straight away.
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Juliana7: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nice thread @op, keep it up
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
Walahi, no irrigation don't think cucumbers!!! cry Just this small quantity and I'm already tiring out. Time to become creative in this coming dates. Need to work on a home built irrigation system.

1 Like

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
Juliana7:
Nice thread @op, keep it up

Thanks.
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Happy Sunday folks,

Didn't realise I had cucumbers all hidden away from sight. So far, it's been a perfect pilot project growing cukes using only organic means. Time to replicate same feat on a plot of land and ofcos, not going to be sacking them.

4 Likes

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
@okoroemeka

This heat wave presently being experienced in the country is taking its toll not just on humans but also on my cucumbers. I decided to eat a fruit today and walahi it was very bitter. I could have sworn I was eating a bitter kola cry. I checked all indices that could have contributed to the bitterness and all pointer was to the intense heat these past days.
My question is, is there any fix to this problem?

1 Like

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:55am On May 05, 2019
jidestroud:
@okoroemeka

This heat wave presently being experienced in the country is taking its toll not just on humans but also on my cucumbers. I decided to eat a fruit today and walahi it was very bitter. I could have sworn I was eating a bitter kola cry. I checked all indices that could have contributed to the bitterness and all pointer was to the intense heat these past days.

Good morning Sir. Please, I'll like us to chat outside here.

I'm rounding up my first batch of cucumbers, wasn't so impressed, although I made some mistakes myself.

Want to start my next batch (Murano, this time) and I'll need your assistance.

Zero. Eight.157110487
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by okoroemeka(m): 6:51am On May 05, 2019
jidestroud:
@okoroemeka

I think crops grown in bags tend to have more problems of bitterness and that poly bag you used will not help matters,it will restrict the flow of oxygen to the roots causing stress,stress is what makes a cucumber bitter,be it cold,hot,air flow,water or oxygen stress it will be bitter,but if u plant on ground and water well during the hot periods it will not be bitter

2 Likes

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2019
Every Good thing must come to an end and this marks my end in cucumber growing or farming, whichever undecided. I am not just a cucumber person after all, or rather, cucumber and pure organic methods don't just add up.

Had a few harvest, made my money back and a few profit but it was taking just too much of my time and organic resources. Never had this much stress growing tomatoes even during the rains... Haba!!!

Moreover, I am now scared of buying cucumbers knowing the amount of dangerous inorganic chemical used in growing them by most Nigerian farmers.

To all cucumbers farmers, I salute una!!!
OFF TO MY ORGANIC TOMATOES.

3 Likes

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by jidestroud(m): 9:30pm On May 20, 2019
...few of the harvest pics

Got about 7 of this buckets in total throughout the farming. (Very discouraging) cry
50bags grown.

1 Share

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 20, 2019
Your choice of cultivar does not go with your region. It was why you had challenges. Though, I do not recommend organic for open field too. Just will not work. Nagano is a terrible choice for your region.

I dont buy cucumber outside too. if I have to, I peel off the skin.

Cancer is real. I used to be pro inorganic, but I have changed. Farmers are terrible humans. They are killers.

Traders are devils themselves. They are worse than farmers. Preservation and storing pesticides are terrible. If you eat beans without boiling it first and throwing away the water, just know you are taking in pesticides. Same with all grains. Farmers first bombard them with pesticides, then the worst are traders that store them with deadly preservatives. Those ones are mad people.

I have stopped buying frozen chicken. Despite they say red meat is bad, it is healthier than the kind of frozen chicken sold. And the way farmers use antibiotics on these birds is alarming. It is why I am interested in your Kuroiler organic project. Rabbits are good if the farmers that do not use antibiotics. I do not even want to hear withdrawal program. If you have a relative with cancer or you have suffered it, you will curse these people.

The worst fruits you can buy are banana, plantain, oranges, and mangoes. Do not ever go near them during off peak. And be careful during peak period too. The ripening chemicals used in them are number 1 cancer giver. When I see these old women doing it, I curse them inside me. They can never be forgiven unless they change. And their children who feed them will die of cancer at young age cos they are evil. They have been educated, but they will never stop. There is need to start jailing them. Send them to life imprisonment. If you have cater for a cancer patient, you will understand. Treating cancer is more painful than the disease itself. Ha! The treatment is knock out. Ha! better to have HIV. Cancer? I don't pray it for my enemy.

I have some followers who are caterers and chefs in my indoor heirloom tomato projects. We buy organic seeds and cultivate them. They are ancients seeds. Black, orange, green, purple, red, blue, etc tomatoes. Beefstakes, plums, cherry, currant, and tomatillo. Ancient cultivars. If you have ever tasted brandywine, you will never buy Nigerian tomatoes. Many people are shouting Big Beef is tasty, and sold around over N2,000 per kg in shoprite and spar. But there are even better, sweeter, and more productive cultivars. There are cultivars that taste like pineapple and if you have children, they will be your best friend. in fact, they will never reach your dining table, as children will pick them all off the plants. lol.

So, organic is fun. But do it for yourself. It is not worth it commercially. People prefer rotten, tasteless, and terrible tomatoes with rotten blossom end to quality ones.

Best of luck sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by johnnyblaze424: 7:30am On May 21, 2019
what was the duration from planting to first harvest
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:44am On May 22, 2019
Pistotita:
Your choice of cultivar does not go with your region. It was why you had challenges. Though, I do not recommend organic for open field too. Just will not work. Nagano is a terrible choice for your region.

I dont buy cucumber outside too. if I have to, I peel off the skin.

Cancer is real. I used to be pro inorganic, but I have changed. Farmers are terrible humans. They are killers.

Traders are devils themselves. They are worse than farmers. Preservation and storing pesticides are terrible. If you eat beans without boiling it first and throwing away the water, just know you are taking in pesticides. Same with all grains. Farmers first bombard them with pesticides, then the worst are traders that store them with deadly preservatives. Those ones are mad people.

I have stopped buying frozen chicken. Despite they say red meat is bad, it is healthier than the kind of frozen chicken sold. And the way farmers use antibiotics on these birds is alarming. It is why I am interested in your Kuroiler organic project. Rabbits are good if the farmers that do not use antibiotics. I do not even want to hear withdrawal program. If you have a relative with cancer or you have suffered it, you will curse these people.

The worst fruits you can buy are banana, plantain, oranges, and mangoes. Do not ever go near them during off peak. And be careful during peak period too. The ripening chemicals used in them are number 1 cancer giver. When I see these old women doing it, I curse them inside me. They can never be forgiven unless they change. And their children who feed them will die of cancer at young age cos they are evil. They have been educated, but they will never stop. There is need to start jailing them. Send them to life imprisonment. If you have cater for a cancer patient, you will understand. Treating cancer is more painful than the disease itself. Ha! The treatment is knock out. Ha! better to have HIV. Cancer? I don't pray it for my enemy.

I have some followers who are caterers and chefs in my indoor heirloom tomato projects. We buy organic seeds and cultivate them. They are ancients seeds. Black, orange, green, purple, red, blue, etc tomatoes. Beefstakes, plums, cherry, currant, and tomatillo. Ancient cultivars. If you have ever tasted brandywine, you will never buy Nigerian tomatoes. Many people are shouting Big Beef is tasty, and sold around over N2,000 per kg in shoprite and spar. But there are even better, sweeter, and more productive cultivars. There are cultivars that taste like pineapple and if you have children, they will be your best friend. in fact, they will never reach your dining table, as children will pick them all off the plants. lol.

So, organic is fun. But do it for yourself. It is not worth it commercially. People prefer rotten, tasteless, and terrible tomatoes with rotten blossom end to quality ones.

Best of luck sir.

Waoh. What an articulate writeup with a lot of curses.

Now, if I may ask, u concluded by saying going organic is not profitable on commercial basis, what other option do you then proffer for commercial farmers?

Thanks... Awaiting your response, Sir.
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 22, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh. What an articulate writeup with a lot of curses.

Now, if I may ask, u concluded by saying going organic is not profitable on commercial basis, what other option do you then proffer for commercial farmers?

Thanks... Awaiting your response, Sir.

I believe you just want to stir up organic vs inorganic debate which I am not ready for. Rather, I will educate you more. This is gonna be long.

I am not sure why you asked me such question when you quoted my last paragraph.

I have solutions bro, and the solutions are cur.ses upon cur.ses on offenders. Ha! Bro! If you have taken care of a cancer patient, and you see the pain involved, you will cur.se the people involved in this cala.mity we are today. Bro, cancer? If they tell you that we should stop fertilizer cos of cancer, you will be the first to support it. You will not mind going hungry as long as you will not die with cancer and as long as that hunger will not kill you. If it means eating 2 times only daily, yes, you will support it. You will say "to heck with suplus cancer food ". But it is not possible because people are born to eat. It is when it is too late they realise it, and there is nothing anyone can do. So, I must learn to take care of myself, and my family. If people like, they listen. If they like, let them go on and keep consuming cancerous dishes in the name of feeding the world with cheaper means. I don't argue, I just say "good luck". When you are asked to cough out 600K every 2 weeks for chemo, and you would be going for 20 to 30 therapies, you would understand better. When you felt fire all over your body for 6 days after each session, and you knew you had minimum of 20 more sessions to go, you would know that you kil.led yourself. When you looked at yourself in the mirror,and your hair, skin, body are dying in pain, you would realise that paying more for organic food, or learning to cultivate it at home is cheap and wiser. If you survived that cancer, and I asked you to pay 1.5 million naira so I can teach you principles of organic gardening at home, and safe indoor hydroponics, with detoxification techniques , you would jump at it. Lol. But of course, I give out most info almost free.

My cur.ses are like 20 - 80% for kil.ler farmers. A farmer who sprays chemical in the morning, and goes to market in the evening. That guy is a bas.tard. Some are still igno.rant, so, we must continue educating them. And farmers should use less systemic chemicals during fruiting. Leaves are not suppose to be cultivated with chemicals but with organic sprays. But you see farmers using Mancozeb, Laraforce gold etc on ugu, lettuce, kale, etc. Is that farmer not supposed to be taking to bar beach and be used for sac.rifice to the gods of the river? Hahaha! Chemicals on leaves! Ma.d farmers.

Ok. What about this farmer that will born imb.eciles by the grace of God so he can know the pain he is inflicting on the consumer of his products. A farmer who uses Calcium Carbide to fruit pineapple. Infact, he will not di.e well himself or herself. It is not a cur.se. When there are better products, he/she stubbornly uses that dangerous chemical to fruit pine-apple. I repeat, he himself or herself will not di.e well in God's name.

Ok. 99.9% those old women selling banana, oranges, pineapple, plantain, mango, and pawpaw will have their own children di.e of cancer too cos of Calcium Carbide they use to ripen the fruits. Read this article: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-mango-banana-plantain-cause-terminal-illnesses-investigation.html

See, they will never enjoy their old age by God's grace. Why? All of them are told that Calcium Carbide is bad, but they use it non the same cos it is cheap. They know better options to use, but will not because there is a cheaper means. See, they will d.ie in pains too. Wic.ked people. I do not eat banana, plantain, mango, pineapple, and oranges again because 99.9% of these products everywhere are ripen with poison.

Let me share this with you. Go to those groundnut and banana road dem.onic sellers . Pick the best and fresh banana. Leave it and return to it 1 to 2 days later. The way the fruit will rotten inside, you will be amazed. And the skin may still be good. Just try it. And you wonder, "is this not the fruit that was so fresh yesterday?" When I want to buy banana, I tell them... "mama, give me the ones you have not put chemicals on". And she starts swearing..."I don't use it ooo". Some will even start cursing. lol. But you just insist and add more money for the mama, and you see her go inside her store to pick something else for you. Lol. They are ma.d people. My brother, is it inorganic farming that gives her the mind to deliberately use Calcium Carbide to ripen the bananas? She will not d.ie well, I tell you. Wic.ked women.

Ok. Let's go to cowpea. Ha! Guil.ty warehouse owners will not d.ie well ooooo. A beg join me to say 21 thunderous Amen! AMEN! Amen! AMEN!!!........AaaaaaaMen!!! Do you know what they Use? Let me not mention the names cos some ma.d people here will still try it. Joker for them to know the names through me. lol. In fact, the people who use them also keep it as secret. No one must hear you use them. These are chemicals you just inhale, and your nervous system is gone. Dea.th is very rapid. So, they wrap the chemicals with clothes. And all mice are dead in just 24 hours. They are trying to kill mice that could destroy their grains. Have you not heard of killer beans? Mango combination with garri is killing? Of course not. The mangoes were preserved with deadly chemicals.

The person who re- freezes chicken or meat that was once frozen but due to power shortage the whole ice melted is an idi.ot. I will not curse this set of people cos many do it even at home ignorantly. That is a good entrance for bacteria into our body. I don't eat chicken again. The kind of damage eating re-frozen meat does is more than using antibiotic to grow chicken. Instead, I buy red meat that I know Fulanis do not use chemicals on, and they do not freeze. Fresh from market. It is better than eating those poisonous chickens. Frozen chicken sellers are Bo.ko Ha.ram too. Herd.smen are better. lol.

I respect guys trying to come up with withdrawal methods if they use antibiotics. But better not to even use antibiotics too much, or not at all. Chicken can be grown organically like 80% with a combo of 20% antibiotics with huge success. And let them withdraw nicely before sales. Farmers can use fertilizers but let them stop spraying on leaves and fruits when harvest is near. It is enough in the soil. Ha n.a.! They call one MaxiForce, Haifa Bonus, Ultrasol... Ultrasol nonsense. Spraying chemicals directly on fruits. Please, use only in soil. Feed through roots only. Chai!

Withdrawal for everything. Try to read instruction of chemicals and know how long it takes for each chemical to wash away from the plants. For example, in my hydroponics, I use inorganic fertilizers as solutions. But 7 to 12 days from harvest, I drain all inorganic fertilizers, and place in organic solvents. Then, I drain that too about 3 days to sales and leave in ordinary water. All chemicals will definitely be washed away. No chemical will wash away if chemicals are sprayed after harvest, or some hours before harvest. There are withdrawal periods for all chemicals to allow the plants wash them off before harvesting. But do you do this as a farmer, you that you are telling me to find alternatives for You? Just be honest with yourself. Yours might be pressure from diseases eating your crops, or you may not know. But you need to know. How many of you guys know about active ingredients? Is it not DDForce, KillThemForce, DestroyThemForce, BangThemForce, etc you are all looking for? How many farmers educate themselves with disease resistence, kinds of pests, and active ingredients? "Guess and apply everything" approach is what I read here on nairaland. Just imagine how people abu.se Copper like it is water. Redforce, Tytrum, Blueboat, Ridomil Gold copper....etc. What about Matalyxl abuse. "Dem expert in the abuse of this one on nairaland". No good farmer uses Matalyxl more than 2 to 4 times in a season. But see them, they apply Ridomil Gold like water. Hehehehe. And when one comes in, they defend their actions stupi.dly. Some even say one is pom.pous. Ha! Kil.lers in disguise. People FG suppose create "sharp sharp" mobile courts to send to jails "sharp sharp". So, that they will learn theory well before rushing into practicals. Jail them before they k.ill us.

Guy! You know who I am directing cur.ses to. And you know who I am abusing (not curses to them) cos they should try to learn the theory first. Or don't you still?

I cur.se that big corporation boss who is blocking HIV vaccine because he is selling vitamins for AIDs people.

I cur.se that leader who takes bribe to block preventive cancer and HIV products.

I curse that big boss who deliberately cross a terrible GMO seed or animal breed. I am not against the innovation, but when you cross disease cos of profit, you are cur.sed.

I cur.se that ma.d man who deliberately stand in the way of organic producers because he wants to sell his chemicals.

I am not against inorganic, but it seems to live long in this world we are, all of us must learn to cultivate at least 40% of our own fruits and vegetables organically, and raise 40% meat and eggs we eat organically too . Farmers do not follow withdrawal guidelines. Also, traders and warehouse owners are just born evi.l to tor.ment consumers with their products. All in the name of making profit.

Also, we must learn to detoxify regularly to wash away chemicals from our system . This world is chemical. Africa is worse. 10 years old vehicles are air pollutants destroying ozone layers. We pride in buying used vehicles. Lol. Flaming gas in delta areas is no more news. Chai! These are major information I give to people. Let us help ourselves to live longer in good health. Detoxify regularly.

Let me stop here. I am not going to derail this thread. Bro, these are ways in my little humble way to make this world a better place for you to live long in good health. May we all di.e well, painless death in our old age without any sickness or disease. Terminal diseases will be far from all of us. But learn about how to put good things in your mouth, and not poisons. And the poisons you cannot avoid, learn how to remove them regularly before they stop you prematurely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Hallams(m): 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
please how much did u get the murano 2f1 5g seed ?
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by busogaspire(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2020
@jidestroud Boss...please WhatsApp me on 08038257413. Thanks
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by abolaji62(m): 9:29am On Apr 14, 2020
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our whatsapp group: https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT ...... thanks for your patronize
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Ade3131: 11:22pm On May 03, 2020
Thank you for this wonderful eye opener. I've always been a pro organic person and I'm glad to be broadening my knowledge base from your excellent write-up. The truth is that organic farming can be commercialized but the requirements for it might be quadruple of what is required for an inorganic farming practice. I have read tones of testimonies about organic farming and the evil of inorganic farming but this leaves me wondering what can be done to create a sustainable awareness programme for people to know the make of what they consume and the risk level it posses to the bloodstream and the overall human body. I wanna believe that with the right awareness and proper orientation of the public,the elites will join the train and little by little the demand for pure organic farm produce will be created. If a basket of inorganic tomatoes is sold for say 7k, an organic farmed tomatoes shouldn't go for the same amount but bcuz people aren't aware of it, they tend to generalize and price them as equals.whereas, they're some wealth and enlightened dudes out there who are seriously craving for pure organics. I feel creating the awareness,trust and market for pure organic might just be the new way protect consumers and always help the farmer gets appropriate ROI.

I believe you just want to stir up organic vs inorganic debate which I am not ready for. Rather, I will educate you more. This is gonna be long.

I am not sure why you asked me such question when you quoted my last paragraph.

I have solutions bro, and the solutions are cur.ses upon cur.ses on offenders. Ha! Bro! If you have taken care of a cancer patient, and you see the pain involved, you will cur.se the people involved in this cala.mity we are today. Bro, cancer? If they tell you that we should stop fertilizer cos of cancer, you will be the first to support it. You will not mind going hungry as long as you will not die with cancer and as long as that hunger will not kill you. If it means eating 2 times only daily, yes, you will support it. You will say "to heck with suplus cancer food ". But it is not possible because people are born to eat. It is when it is too late they realise it, and there is nothing anyone can do. So, I must learn to take care of myself, and my family. If people like, they listen. If they like, let them go on and keep consuming cancerous dishes in the name of feeding the world with cheaper means. I don't argue, I just say "good luck". When you are asked to cough out 600K every 2 weeks for chemo, and you would be going for 20 to 30 therapies, you would understand better. When you felt fire all over your body for 6 days after each session, and you knew you had minimum of 20 more sessions to go, you would know that you kil.led yourself. When you looked at yourself in the mirror,and your hair, skin, body are dying in pain, you would realise that paying more for organic food, or learning to cultivate it at home is cheap and wiser. If you survived that cancer, and I asked you to pay 1.5 million naira so I can teach you principles of organic gardening at home, and safe indoor hydroponics, with detoxification techniques , you would jump at it. Lol. But of course, I give out most info almost free.

My cur.ses are like 20 - 80% for kil.ler farmers. A farmer who sprays chemical in the morning, and goes to market in the evening. That guy is a bas.tard. Some are still igno.rant, so, we must continue educating them. And farmers should use less systemic chemicals during fruiting. Leaves are not suppose to be cultivated with chemicals but with organic sprays. But you see farmers using Mancozeb, Laraforce gold etc on ugu, lettuce, kale, etc. Is that farmer not supposed to be taking to bar beach and be used for sac.rifice to the gods of the river? Hahaha! Chemicals on leaves! Ma.d farmers.

Ok. What about this farmer that will born imb.eciles by the grace of God so he can know the pain he is inflicting on the consumer of his products. A farmer who uses Calcium Carbide to fruit pineapple. Infact, he will not di.e well himself or herself. It is not a cur.se. When there are better products, he/she stubbornly uses that dangerous chemical to fruit pine-apple. I repeat, he himself or herself will not di.e well in God's name.

Ok. 99.9% those old women selling banana, oranges, pineapple, plantain, mango, and pawpaw will have their own children di.e of cancer too cos of Calcium Carbide they use to ripen the fruits. Read this article: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-mango-banana-plantain-cause-terminal-illnesses-investigation.html

See, they will never enjoy their old age by God's grace. Why? All of them are told that Calcium Carbide is bad, but they use it non the same cos it is cheap. They know better options to use, but will not because there is a cheaper means. See, they will d.ie in pains too. Wic.ked people. I do not eat banana, plantain, mango, pineapple, and oranges again because 99.9% of these products everywhere are ripen with poison.

Let me share this with you. Go to those groundnut and banana road dem.onic sellers . Pick the best and fresh banana. Leave it and return to it 1 to 2 days later. The way the fruit will rotten inside, you will be amazed. And the skin may still be good. Just try it. And you wonder, "is this not the fruit that was so fresh yesterday?" When I want to buy banana, I tell them... "mama, give me the ones you have not put chemicals on". And she starts swearing..."I don't use it ooo". Some will even start cursing. lol. But you just insist and add more money for the mama, and you see her go inside her store to pick something else for you. Lol. They are ma.d people. My brother, is it inorganic farming that gives her the mind to deliberately use Calcium Carbide to ripen the bananas? She will not d.ie well, I tell you. Wic.ked women.

Ok. Let's go to cowpea. Ha! Guil.ty warehouse owners will not d.ie well ooooo. A beg join me to say 21 thunderous Amen! AMEN! Amen! AMEN!!!........AaaaaaaMen!!! Do you know what they Use? Let me not mention the names cos some ma.d people here will still try it. Joker for them to know the names through me. lol. In fact, the people who use them also keep it as secret. No one must hear you use them. These are chemicals you just inhale, and your nervous system is gone. Dea.th is very rapid. So, they wrap the chemicals with clothes. And all mice are dead in just 24 hours. They are trying to kill mice that could destroy their grains. Have you not heard of killer beans? Mango combination with garri is killing? Of course not. The mangoes were preserved with deadly chemicals.

The person who re- freezes chicken or meat that was once frozen but due to power shortage the whole ice melted is an idi.ot. I will not curse this set of people cos many do it even at home ignorantly. That is a good entrance for bacteria into our body. I don't eat chicken again. The kind of damage eating re-frozen meat does is more than using antibiotic to grow chicken. Instead, I buy red meat that I know Fulanis do not use chemicals on, and they do not freeze. Fresh from market. It is better than eating those poisonous chickens. Frozen chicken sellers are Bo.ko Ha.ram too. Herd.smen are better. lol.

I respect guys trying to come up with withdrawal methods if they use antibiotics. But better not to even use antibiotics too much, or not at all. Chicken can be grown organically like 80% with a combo of 20% antibiotics with huge success. And let them withdraw nicely before sales. Farmers can use fertilizers but let them stop spraying on leaves and fruits when harvest is near. It is enough in the soil. Ha n.a.! They call one MaxiForce, Haifa Bonus, Ultrasol... Ultrasol nonsense. Spraying chemicals directly on fruits. Please, use only in soil. Feed through roots only. Chai!

Withdrawal for everything. Try to read instruction of chemicals and know how long it takes for each chemical to wash away from the plants. For example, in my hydroponics, I use inorganic fertilizers as solutions. But 7 to 12 days from harvest, I drain all inorganic fertilizers, and place in organic solvents. Then, I drain that too about 3 days to sales and leave in ordinary water. All chemicals will definitely be washed away. No chemical will wash away if chemicals are sprayed after harvest, or some hours before harvest. There are withdrawal periods for all chemicals to allow the plants wash them off before harvesting. But do you do this as a farmer, you that you are telling me to find alternatives for You? Just be honest with yourself. Yours might be pressure from diseases eating your crops, or you may not know. But you need to know. How many of you guys know about active ingredients? Is it not DDForce, KillThemForce, DestroyThemForce, BangThemForce, etc you are all looking for? How many farmers educate themselves with disease resistence, kinds of pests, and active ingredients? "Guess and apply everything" approach is what I read here on nairaland. Just imagine how people abu.se Copper like it is water. Redforce, Tytrum, Blueboat, Ridomil Gold copper....etc. What about Matalyxl abuse. "Dem expert in the abuse of this one on nairaland". No good farmer uses Matalyxl more than 2 to 4 times in a season. But see them, they apply Ridomil Gold like water. Hehehehe. And when one comes in, they defend their actions stupi.dly. Some even say one is pom.pous. Ha! Kil.lers in disguise. People FG suppose create "sharp sharp" mobile courts to send to jails "sharp sharp". So, that they will learn theory well before rushing into practicals. Jail them before they k.ill us.

Guy! You know who I am directing cur.ses to. And you know who I am abusing (not curses to them) cos they should try to learn the theory first. Or don't you still?

I cur.se that big corporation boss who is blocking HIV vaccine because he is selling vitamins for AIDs people.

I cur.se that leader who takes bribe to block preventive cancer and HIV products.

I curse that big boss who deliberately cross a terrible GMO seed or animal breed. I am not against the innovation, but when you cross disease cos of profit, you are cur.sed.

I cur.se that ma.d man who deliberately stand in the way of organic producers because he wants to sell his chemicals.

I am not against inorganic, but it seems to live long in this world we are, all of us must learn to cultivate at least 40% of our own fruits and vegetables organically, and raise 40% meat and eggs we eat organically too . Farmers do not follow withdrawal guidelines. Also, traders and warehouse owners are just born evi.l to tor.ment consumers with their products. All in the name of making profit.

Also, we must learn to detoxify regularly to wash away chemicals from our system . This world is chemical. Africa is worse. 10 years old vehicles are air pollutants destroying ozone layers. We pride in buying used vehicles. Lol. Flaming gas in delta areas is no more news. Chai! These are major information I give to people. Let us help ourselves to live longer in good health. Detoxify regularly.

Let me stop here. I am not going to derail this thread. Bro, these are ways in my little humble way to make this world a better place for you to live long in good health. May we all di.e well, painless death in our old age without any sickness or disease. Terminal diseases will be far from all of us. But learn about how to put good things in your mouth, and not poisons. And the poisons you cannot avoid, learn how to remove them regularly before they stop you prematurely.
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by brtrip: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2020
jidestroud:
A total of 50 bags will be used to conduct this organic test.

The cucumbers in the grow trays did excellently well and plans to transplant them into the bags was underway. Everything had to be perfect. grin

Next, we went into the bamboo forest to cut good bamboos for staking the cucumbers. After which trellis were tied and Peggy in each of the bags. The proposed intention is 2 cucumber plants per bag.
sir, is the polythene bags punctured or are they intact such that water doesn't drip out.
how much water do u pour in each polythene everyday?
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by Erigbemi(m): 1:16am On Feb 10, 2021
Thinking of getting into farming? worry no more, we've got you covered. Our services include

1) soil testing and analysis

2) Drip installation and maintenance

3) agronomic support and consultation

4) sales of quality F1 seeds

5) market linkages

You can call 08138904011 or click on this link to chat us on WhatsApp https:///send?phone=2348138904011
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by dedoz: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Interesting thread....I started poultry farming last year...my last batch was raised organically.My current batch is being reared organically as well...It's worth it.
Re: My 100% Organic Cucumber Project by ritzyluv: 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
jidestroud:
The introduction

Okay, I decided to start a new thread dedicated for this project. Believe me when I say this, growing cucumbers organically is definitely an herculean task. To be able to keep the fungi wahala in check is the major problem. I have tried on so many occasions to pull it off but I end up hitting the restart button. The outcome using inorganic means gave outstanding results but I am known for organic ways grin , so I mustn't compromise in the least way.
I have been able to grow tomatoes (in and out of rainy seasons) organically without issues. In short, it stands as the easiest thing to do for me but, this cucumbers ehn... cry

The Start Up Project
I went to the agrotropic stores an got two varieties

a. Nagano F1 Cucumbers
b. Marketer Cucumbers

Got a grow tray. Quite unfortunate I didn't get the big trays for crops like cucumbers.

Site Preparation
For this project, I used sacking methods. I didn't want to take chances at all.
Got my soil from a virgin land. Nevertheless, I hard to sundry it for about a week (leaving no rooms for flaws).

Got my manure and did same.

Mixed in appropriate ratio; 50:50 soil to manure mixture. After which I bagged it up in black poly bags.

Hello sir please I would love to get your contact or you can wstsapp me on 0+80+37+88+73+62

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distress Sale Farmland’s for sale in Abeokuta Ogun State / Ewedu Farming-let's Network Here / Watermelon/cucumber Training @ Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, PH And Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.