Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo (814 Views)

10 Million Nigerians Will Be Poorer / Former Military Leader Says Without Igbo, Nigeria Would Be Poorer And Incomplete / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by Lymasaba(m): 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
Buhari Perhaps Even Poorer Now Than In 2015, Says Osinbajo
"I can tell you that he is perhaps, even poorer than he was in 2015 when I saw his declaration of assets form," Osinbajo saiid

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says President Muhammadu Buhari is “perhaps” poorer now than when he was elected in 2015.

Osinbajo stated this during a dinner in honour of volunteer supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2019 general election, held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday night.

He also used the occasion to canvass for votes for the APC in the supplementary elections scheduled for March 23, 2019.

He said: “When I looked at his assets declaration form; I was checking it in 2015, I said to him, ‘Mr President, I am so much richer than you, it is an embarrassment.’

“He said, ‘I am only a soldier, you are a big lawyer so you should have more money than me.’ I can tell you that he is perhaps, even poorer than he was in 2015 when I saw his declaration of assets form.”

Speaking on the elections, he added: “We are still not done with the elections. On the 23rd of March, we still have some outstanding states and as you know we are re-running in about six states. And all of the efforts we need to put into those six states, we still need to do. We can’t afford to slack off and say the job is done; we still have some things to do.”

He appreciated the support of Nigerians during his campaign before the elections.

“I think that one of the main characteristics of the Nigerian is how so supportive and trusting many of our people are and they don’t ask us for too much. They never really ask for anything that is impossible to do. And that’s why, for many of us that went around this country, we realized the tremendous amount of work that there is to do and our capacity to do so much work.

“What our people need, as we discovered, isn’t that much. As a matter of fact, I do not know any nation where the people are so generous no matter how poor they are. It just struck me that what we really need to do a lot more is to connect with the people. All the people need is opportunity for us to interact with them. We should have a way by which everybody is involved one way or the other.

“One of the complaints that people made about our government is that we were not communicating enough and that people did not know what had done.”

He restated the commitment of the APC administration to doing more on communicating better with the people.

In his remarks, Salamatu Eluma, the APC Woman Leader, commended the volunteers for their support.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/15/buhari-perhaps-even-poorer-now-2015-says-osinbajo

Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by booblacain(m): 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
You say wetin? Please somebody should tell this man to stop talking too much.
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
So if pastors are asked to queue up, this one will be struggling to be in the line? PaLiestor my black azz. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by TooMuchStuff: 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
The deception has just begun again...!

Pastor pastor..... 'Kwantinu.....!

All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire...
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by Lymasaba(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
Buhari that take care of his family in daura with only his salary..and now that he's president expectation will be much
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by ngadaAwo: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
i will rather worship idol than to be in the same church with Osinbajo

Tufiakwa angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by 360degreess(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
Osinbajo is right.. Buhari is a phenomena.
Buhari was a governor b4,he was a minister, a retired army general, a president b4,PTF chairman, a president now.But with all these positions that he has held,yet he is not too rich..That's almost a miracle in a country like Nigeria.

God bless pmb
God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by Blue3k(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
There's no logical way he can be poorer unless he's bad at managing his cash. The president doesnt pay for personal expenses and he's clearly making more money than before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by chieftroller003: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin grin

Professor yemi osibanjo
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
BUT Aisha Buhari is richer
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by samuel25(m): 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
This can't be true, a political talk as usual. If the statement is to prove Buhari as honest man, I see the statement as insult to Mr president because it confirmed him as a bad manager. How will you explain somebody that doesn't pay for anything but get whatever he wanted for free, while his salary and or allowances are still running. Fallacy of the highest order.
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by ebukamen(m): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
Liar
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by Lymasaba(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
samuel25:
This can't be true, a political talk as usual. If the statement is to prove Buhari as honest man, I see the statement as insult to Mr president because it confirmed him as a bad manager. How will you explain somebody that doesn't pay for anything but get whatever he wanted for free, while his salary and or allowances are still running. Fallacy of the highest order.
his family a ..thats the situation in the north u take care of them if u are richer than them ..now that he is president the expectation will be high beyond his salary .. also gift to people that pay him personal visit, u can see the expense. may his cows will finish before he retire from office
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by HigherEd: 12:02am On Mar 16, 2019
So 'poorer' is now something to be proud of kwa.
If the president could not alleviate his personal prosperity how would he alleviate that of 180M Nigerians.
Lalasticlala mo tun gbo titun o shocked
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by BlackfireX: 12:19am On Mar 16, 2019
Just look at a whole pastor in RCCG.

Just look at a SAN.

Just look at this man disgracing yorubas .

Shioooor
Re: Buhari May Be Poorer Than 2015 _osinbanjo by tartar9(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2019
Igbo people will be angry since he's not a crook like them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Daughter Takes Over Lagos International Trade Fair Complex Market / Amazing! SS3 Students In Lagos Produce Hand-held Traffic Light / Bandits Attack Ex-gov Bafarawa’s House, Kill One, Kidnap Nephew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.