Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect (560 Views)

Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Offa Robbery: Policemen Took N400,000 Bribe From Robbers Before Robbery-Vanguard / Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 12 Suspects (List Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by liohan: 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
A suspect in last year’s robbery attacks on commercial banks in Offa, Kwara state, Ayoade Akinnibosun, on Friday told an Ilorin High Court how the police asked him to implicate the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki.

Akinnibosun and two other suspects, Ibikunle Ogunleye (2nd accused person) and Adeola Abraham (3rd accused person) narrated before the court how police extracted statement from them by force during the course of investigation of the incident.

The suspects also disclosed that the principal suspect in the robbery incident who was a dismissed police officer, Michael Adikwu was shot dead by one Inspector Vincent attached to the police Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Akinnibosun, Ogunleye and Abraham were examined and cross-examined by their counsel, Mathias Emeribe and prosecution counsel, Razaq Gold, in a trial within trial on how they were tortured and threatened by the police to make confessional statements.

The prosecution witness, Inspector Hitila Hassan, had on Thursday told the court that the suspects voluntarily gave their statements under his supervision.

Lead Prosecuting Counsel, Prof. Wahab Egbewole sought to tender the statements as exhibit but the defence counsel, Mathias Emeribe objected.

Emeribe argued that the statements were not voluntarily taken, noting that they fell short of the provisions of the Evidence Act particularly sections 28 and 29.

At the resumed hearing today, Akinnibosun said “Abba Kyari told me to mention the name of Senate President Bukola Saraki that he gave me the guns for the operations. But I declined to do that contending that my life is at stake.

“He (Abba Kyari) promised that they would reward me handsomely and set me free if I can indict Senator Saraki. When I disagreed they called some policemen to take me back to their cell. During this time, my hands were tied to my legs in the back.”

The suspect added that he was the leader of Kwara South Liberation Movement mobilizing young jobless graduates for the Senator representing Kwara South district in the upper legislative chamber, Dr Rafiu Ibrahim.

“The essence is to secure government jobs for the boys,” he said.

Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibikunle Ogunleye and Adeola Ibrahim gave graphic details of their horrifying experience allegedly in the police custody in Abuja.

During one of their encounters at the police IRT ‘theatre room,’ they said in their presence Inspector Vincent allegedly shot dead five Fulani men.

‘The theatre room,’ according to them is the generator room of the IRT’s office and it also doubles as where suspects are extra-judicially executed.

They added that it was in the same ‘theatre room that Inspector Vincent otherwise known as ‘Mr. Torture,’ allegedly shot dead Michael Adikwu for failing to indict them in the robbery incident.

According to Ibikunle Ogunleye “they brought the late Adikwu to implicate us and he said he had not met any of us in his life that is why Mr. Torture shot him to death.”

The trial Judge, Justice Halimat Salman adjourned the case to March 25, 2019 for continuation of trial within trial.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/offa-robbery-police-asked-me-to-implicate-saraki-suspect.html
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by JayMarx: 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by okosodo: 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2019
Sensible people will know that Saraki can not be involved. But if you are blinded by hate, you will have to believe

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by amaniro: 11:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
Okotorigba. The said people that are meant to combat crimes are the one committing the crime. How are we sure if the police didn't rob the bank sef?

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by Chizuru01(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
No wonder APC policemen quickly killed the other gang member.

Only in nizooria can such thing happen.

Just imaging a criminal accusing one of our retched mod in nairaland of being an accomplist. Who knows when next he will have the hand to ban me?

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by Nbote(m): 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
amaniro:
Okotorigba. The said people that are meant to combat crimes are the one committing the crime. How are we sure if the police didn't rob the bank sef?

Everything was a set up from d onset.. All evidences point to d Police being behind everything... S APC were jus desperate to implicate Saraki and paint him in a bad light to aid his removal as d Senate President
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by respect80(m): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
The hate on Saraki will sure send many to hell

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by chuckdelis: 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
When witnesses started dying in police custody i knew something was up.

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by liohan: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
okosodo:
Sensible people will know that Saraki can not be involved. But if you are blinded by hate, you will have to believe
We know. But the buharists are not sensible to know. You know since they are poorly educated, villagers who look up to them will be misled.
amaniro:
chuckdelis:
When witnesses started dying in police custody i knew something was up.
Even the guy that was killed said he doesn't know the other guys.
respect80:
The hate on Saraki will sure send many to hell
It will. Although I don't like Saraki but if he serve a god, may that god fight for him sad

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
Abba kyari and oluomo

Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
amaniro:
This one na real okotorigba oh
Re: Offa Robbery: Police Asked Me To Implicate Saraki – Suspect by Mynd44: 3:59am On Mar 16, 2019

(1)

This Policeman Used The Back Of A Patrol Van As A Dinning Table (watch VIDEO) / Man Advertises His Coffin Business On Facebook , Receives Insults In Return ( Pi / Saudi Arabia Executes Nigerian Woman, Nigeria Reacts