Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. (569 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / Mind Wandering Among Undergraduate; How To Avoid It / If You Know Prime Numbers You Should Be Able To Solve This Shape (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by DrPurple(m): 1:14am On Mar 16, 2019
Undergraduate's, especially Medical, Law and Engineering students, How were you able to cope in Reading all those big Textbooks
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Dvd4: 1:31am On Mar 16, 2019
DrPurple:
Undergraduate's, especially Medical, Law and Engineering students, How were you able to cope in Reading all those big Textbooks
It's adaptation, you won't realise how much your brain can work untill you begin.
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2019
undecided

Just don't go and kee yuasef.
Most of those large textbook some people carry or buy are just for intimidation purpose. Go to class and see them at night, they mostly use it as a pilow.
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2019
undecided

Most of those large textbook some people carry or buy are just for intimidation purpose. Go to class and see them at night, they mostly use it as a pillow.
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Dvd4: 1:42am On Mar 16, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

Most of those large textbook some people carry or buy are just for intimidation purpose. Go to class and see them at night, they mostly use it as a pillow.
LOLZ! NOT ENTIRELY SIR!
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by davbravo(m): 5:03am On Mar 16, 2019
DrPurple:
Ignore the size and just start reading and you'd realise just how much your brain can assimilate...
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Irenemmeso(f): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

grin grin cheesy :Dfunny
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Irenemmeso(f): 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
Op, personally I use those textbooks as reference and quest to know more.
After lectures, I go to my textbook and read the particular topic that was taught, before you know it you must have finished reading the textbook before you graduate. Lol its not like undergraduates read the textbook from beginning to end for a semester smiley

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by jerryvyne(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
I'm still in schl..but then, I discover we have this potential to assimilate quite a lot than we ever expected. When it begins, it will be like a joke, then you see yourself reading without noticing u have greatly improved..
It's adaptation and time!
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by BoluwajiPieters: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hehe!

During my undergraduate days, I kind of preferred reading PDF format of textbooks and not those bulky things that will put unnecessary pressure on your back. I'm not a big fan of carrying big textbooks around and, up until my 300L or so, I always felt intimidated by people walking into lecture theatres with big books.

All the big pharmacy books then, Trease and Evans, Aulton's, Remington, Katzung, Lippincott, Hugo and Russell and co... I had them in PDF and I felt comfortable reading the PDF instead of the hard copies.

I feel it's a matter of whichever you prefer/enjoy reading with better assimilation... It's always PDF for me!

Plus, the PDF format of textbooks always make things less bulky for me -- less "big" too.
Re: Undergraduate's: How Were You Able To Cope With Those Big Textbooks. by Hahjascho(m): 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
Develop a strong interest and a curious research- inclined mind to get the best, clear, outstanding knowledge in your quest to studying any particular course or topics....You will eventually realise howfar you've gone and tons of loads you've covered.

Focus on getting in -depth knowledge and right fact acquisition......It automatically controls the volume of book you read....

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Sug President,and Four Others Suspended By The Parliament / Stop Wasting Your Time On JAMB. Enroll For Nd/hnd Programs / Babcock University Sets To Hold Convocation Tomorrow. (june 2nd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.