Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,221 members, 7,957,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View (946 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / A 1988 NY Times Report On Nigeria's Quota System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by babasin(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2007
While Nigerians are busy having problem understanding difference between fantasy and reality, this is the most objective of this 419 of election.

Most of the blame for this disgrace goes to Nigeria's outgoing president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who tried to amend the Constitution to be able to run for a third term and has since been willing to manipulate Nigeria's fragile democracy to keep his party in power.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/apr/26/36.html
Re: Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by alabiyemmy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2007
to hell with the foreign press.
Re: Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by Bankole01(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2007
alabiyemmy:

to hell with the foreign press.
Like it or not, the way you are seen by the outside uninterested party is usually the most objective view of who are!

Nigeria's elctions from April14-21st, were a travesty, debacle and mockery of the political and democratic process.
Even Mugabe of Zimbabwe could not done worse.
Re: Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by alabiyemmy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2007
@Bankole01

As seen by you physically or as seen by what you read or listened to from the foreign press?
Re: Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by Bankole01(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2007
alabiyemmy:

@Bankole01

As seen by you physically or as seen by what you read or listened to from the foreign press?
[/quote

Both, my brother but I am biased aginst Obasanjo. this is the only difference
Re: Nigeria's 419 Election: Ny Times View by Bankole01(m): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2007
alabiyemmy:

@Bankole01

Both, but I am biased. I don't like Obasanjo

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Regrets His Inability To Fix Electricity Problem In Eight Years / Why Obj, Pdp Found Lagos, Kano Too Hot To Capture –falana / Yet Again,foreign Oil Workers Seized In Warri.Is this Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.