Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud (18443 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by carammel(f): 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
They are worse in Abuja.
I made a reservation through their app for my husband so I would pay over the counter in 8hours time, I knew I wouldn't make it to their office within that time frame so I asked my dad to help with the payment and buy the ticket. When my dad got there, those he met there told him the booking has expired and they have to make another reservation for him with additional 50000ngn. My dad felt it was urgent so he had to plead with them to take lesser, he ended up paying 45000ngn, they processed and sent the ticket to my mail, behold it was the same reservation I sent to my dad they used to buy the ticket, same amount with added amounts. When my dad was leaving, one of them even asked for tip for the help rendered, dad gave him 5000ngn.
I dunno of it is the Nigerians at Ethiopian airline desks or the Ethiopian airline management are also aware of all these.

3 Likes

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Yoyostic: 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Same happened to my hubby last year,I even posted in on the travel section here.It's not just their office here in Nigeria but also in South Africa.So many people stranded at the airport due to their fraud,some having to sleep there for days until their family members sends extra money to buy new ticket.

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by BigIyanga: 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
It’s common practise by most intl airlines to ask for credit/debit and ID used in purchading that ticket before they can validate ur ticket. If a 3rd party buys ur ticket, they must be authenticated b4 airlines can issue u boarding pass
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by AleAirHub(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
So in another way , you're justifying their fraudulent altitude right.

I guess you have read many sad experience with them...
E be like say you be their agent / Rep bro angry
BigIyanga:
It’s common practise by most intl airlines to ask for credit/debit and ID used in purchading that ticket before they can validate ur ticket. If a 3rd party buys ur ticket, they must be authenticated b4 airlines can issue u boarding pass
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by AleAirHub(m): 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
If them born them well well, make that can thing happen to me , I swear I go create drama way be say media & other platform go dey aware.
It's totally rip off bro
carammel:
They are worse in Abuja.
I made a reservation through their app for my husband so I would pay over the counter in 8hours time, I knew I wouldn't make it to their office within that time frame so I asked my dad to help with the payment and buy the ticket. When my dad got there, those he met there told him the booking has expired and they have to make another reservation for him with additional 50000ngn. My dad felt it was urgent so he had to plead with them to take lesser, he ended up paying 45000ngn, they processed and sent the ticket to my mail, behold it was the same reservation I sent to my dad they used to buy the ticket, same amount with added amounts. When my dad was leaving, one of them even asked for tip for the help rendered, dad gave him 5000ngn.
I dunno of it is the Nigerians at Ethiopian airline desks or the Ethiopian airline management are also aware of all these.

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Foolishbuhari: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2019
post=76739630:

Lol cheesy.
They will waste 8 years of their lives away...
blaming their President at every opportunity.
That is their choice in life anyways, while other youths are progressing in the same administration.

#MovedOnToGreaterThings

Please tell us one of the schemes people are keying into with their business plans Abeg so I tell my people to key into it too.

I dey wait your reply baba... Lips sealed
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Awoo88: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
ekaette1621:
Some idiots will blame Buhari for this
It is bigger idiot with zombified personality that will not blame buhari
If buhari was doing his job of fighting corruption and being competent, things like this wi not happen. .Yes! Buhari is to blame. He is the reason why people think they can do anything and get away with it.

2 Likes

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by yuanexchanger: 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
Everyone is taking advantage of this situation.check my sigg to pay your chinese suppliers in rmb.
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by don4real18(m): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
ekaette1621:
Not necessarily idiots. If you employ a security firm to guard your possessions and it ended up being robbed, you will hold the firm responsible and not the men stationed.
That is the way it works and as thus, if a president is elected in a country to guard the interests of the citizens which ends up being abused, who should be held responsible?
1. The president
2. The president's appointees

2 Likes

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Originalsly: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
They do this because we allow them to. We allow the problem to remain local. In cases like this.... whether it be Ethiopian Airlines...DHL... FedEx etc....contact the Head Office customer service abroad..... they do not allow their representatives to spoil their image. I can guarantee you.... if heads don't roll... the practice will stop. If the Head Office is not informed... then they would believe everything is running smoothly. Even if you already travelled....have flight...ticket..dated etc... all.info...then call the HO tl lodge a complain. Don't be surprised if they issue you a free ticket as compensation.

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by lomprico(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
lasthero:
The two people above me, are you using 8G?

No! You are using 1g. tongue
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by symbianDON(m): 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
truth be told, Ethiopian can be annoying sometimes. I remember flying to Nairobi from Lagos only to get to Nairobi and my bags I checked in weren't on the flight!! I had to wear same clothes for two days before the bags arrived. As if that wasn't frustrating enough, the same thing happened on my return leg back to Lagos! As I don't reside in Lagos, I was forced to travel back to Lagos the following week to get my things.

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
erico2k2:

U do not have to deal with the Nigerian office, deal with their office in Saudi.If it does not work trouble their HQ, U can also raise the issue with their EU HQ
Exactly, Dealing with Nigerians in Nigeria is ussually Difficult as Most of them are Adamantly Ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
symbianDON:
truth be told, Ethiopian can be annoying sometimes. I remember flying to Nairobi from Lagos only to get to Nairobi and my bags I checked in weren't on the flight!! I had to wear same clothes for two days before the bags arrived. As if that wasn't frustrating enough, the same thing happened on my return leg back to Lagos! As I don't reside in Lagos, I was forced to travel back to Lagos the following week to get my things.
what a Calamity, grin Really? they should have compensated you by law.

2 Likes

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by erico2k2(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
gypsey:
Exactly, Dealing with Nigerians in Nigeria is ussually Difficult as Most of them are Adamantly Ignorant.
Exactly,I got £560 from Lufthansa after my flight was delayed for 25 hours. But the 9ja office was talking a language I did not understand
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Muscomide: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris2:
where is Ethiopia in the map of the world sef

Comments such as this really infuriate me. 'Where is Ethiopia in the map of the world sef?' Your big for nothing Nigeria n'ko? As 'small' and 'irrelevant' as Ethiopia is, it has the biggest airline in Africa as well as one of the fastest growing economies in Africa.
Your giant Nigeria n'ko? Poverty capital of the world surviving on 3,500mw for a population of 200million.

3 Likes

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
erico2k2:

Exactly,I got £560 from Lufthansa after my flight was delayed for 25 hours. But the 9ja office was talking a language I did not understand
Exactly! And you will find that what they were Talking about Ussually does not make sense or is Even withing Aviation Rules, they make it up as they Go along.

One time I was told that i couldn't Board A BA Flight From lagos. their excuse was the Aircraft is Full, grin They tried it on by Trying to get me to buy Another ticket cash. I just Ignored them. How can A Paid for in Advance return ticket with a seat number Not Fly? Does it mean someone else took my seat? grin Eventually they realised that i am not the one to be Fooled.
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by BigIyanga: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
AleAirHub:
So in another way , you're justifying their fraudulent altitude right.

I guess you have read many sad experience with them...
E be like say you be their agent / Rep bro angry
If be frequent traveller, u go learn by indirect and direct exprience

1 Like

Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by skallion7(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
Muscomide:

Comments such as this really infuriate me. 'Where is Ethiopia in the map of the world sef?' Your big for nothing Nigeria n'ko? As 'small' and 'irrelevant' as Ethiopia is, it has the biggest airline in Africa as well as one of the fastest growing economies in Africa.
Your giant Nigeria n'ko? Poverty capital of the world surviving on 3,500mw for a population of 200million.
Na fight?, he just asked a question
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Alexpetra: 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
ekaette1621:
wait for it grin
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by eaglechild: 2:29am On Mar 18, 2019
What type of ticket did you buy?
Is it a cheaper non transferable ticket?
Which is a mistake a lot of people often make and then turn around to blame the airline.
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Styluscrib(m): 3:01am On Mar 18, 2019
Well,
Noe I know they are doing it deliberately.
I once experienced that in Dubai, but trusted my
Instinct, and acted wisely.
Action taken.
Was there for checking early enough and was told no seat for my ticket since it was rebooked, and was asked to rectify that at their office like a mile away.
Got there and was told to go inside town to meet the booking officer,
All these were done to make me miss the check in time and buy another ticket which can't happen.
Thanks I came early to check in.
Exactly 5.30am call for check in came and was 1st on the queue, step forward and was told to step aside that later I will cleared, I refused and asked the clerk to call their office and place it on speaker which she did after much resistance.
It was confirmed am booked but few seat remained for the days flight and price change from the booked date.
Which I asked for the extra and immediately a passenger gave me the extra fee and we went straight to pay less than 50 USD and I got my seat confirmed and checked in straight without delay before attending Ti the next customers.
All cheers from the passengers that if not that I insisted, I won't fly and would be told I missed check in and flight no show.
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by Foolishbuhari: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2019
post=76739630:

Lol cheesy.
They will waste 8 years of their lives away...
blaming their President at every opportunity.
That is their choice in life anyways, while other youths are progressing in the same administration.

#MovedOnToGreaterThings

I am yet to hear from you my friend. Where are the opportunities people are dusting their CVs and writing proposals for?

Kindly share and hope you've benefitted from them also? LOL

I know you won't reply sha because there's nothing out there and deep within you, you know you peddle false hood as a career. You are just as usual making your 5 naira per post commentaries with large font images to Launder the shriveled image of your tin god buhari whereas in reality, you're just one very very broke and jobless ni.gga!

Go get a life my friend!
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Wonder what their response will be.
Re: Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
wink2015:

If these facts are confirmed it is most probably the Nigerian working for Ethiopian airline that is perpetrating this ticketing fraud.

But the Nigeria office of Ethiopian airline should respond to this allegations.

We demand to know their explanation.

Well said sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It’s Too Risky To Evacuate 5,600 Nigerians In Ukraine Now – FG / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria / Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.