Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban (109456 Views)

Accident Kills 4 Keke Riders In Abuja, People On The Run (Photos) / 8 Wrong Things Okada Riders In Lagos Always Do / Okada Riders Invaded Sokoto Airport's Runway While A Plane Was Taxiing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by EmekaBlue(m): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
na to sell d spare parts if dem ban again
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Danirose007(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Who says Nigerians are not creative? Irrespective of our tribes and religious affiliation, one thing is common in all Nigerians, Greatness! For those who live and base in Onitsha, it is a common knowledge that Okadas are banned in Onitsha. According to reports, the state government announced the banning of Okada operations from July 1.

In a statement by the Press Secretary to Governor Willie Obiano, Mr James Eze, the decision was one of the resolutions reached at the state executive council meeting.

He said it was part of the overall strategy adopted by the government to deepen its crackdown on crime and restore sanity in Onitsha and Awka.

But those in Onitsha seems to have another plan for the state government, just as the popular saying says, when life gives lemon, make lemonade out of it, this is what the Okada riders did by turning their Okada into tricycles... Money can't waste.

In some viral images obtained by AutoReportNG, we noticed that the tricycles were constructed locally and they look good. we see some level of creativity

[img]https://4.bp..com/-94nwoPjSHJg/XI4W44eQKII/AAAAAAAAZQY/HO-OkCmTVWo8a2gVfCpAAovfuAPkrh5zwCLcBGAs/s1600/D1yRVhuX4AIHLSe.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-mCtIB7g7lY4/XI4W3_ooGsI/AAAAAAAAZQQ/BTUj5O7_acQEzi_EY01c6_6IoB90NEdyACLcBGAs/s1600/D1yRTvNX0AEmeB7.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/see-what-okada-riders-in-onitsha-turn.html

Very creative.... That's upper iweaka Onitsha
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by RealityShot: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
delugajackson:
How safe is the carriage? What is the survival and fatality rate in event of accidents? Have they undergone integrity tests to ascertain it's road worthiness? I hope this is not our very own Boeing 734 killer road-craft on wheels.
how safe is keke?
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by RealityShot: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
johnmartus:
In this 21st century.
since you are so 21st century minded, why don't you invent a way to make cars cheaper than motorbikes?

tesla, with all the robots in its factory can't speed up production to make new electic-21st-century-cars cheaper than 35000 dollars.

maybe you should try it...
then you earn the right to complain when boys make these tricycles
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by xelly: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
donbenie:
Well..

Thank God you're not the Governor..

Or your subjects would have died of hunger.. shocked

If I govern a state, no need of such manipulations as job will be available for all. I am creative and not a dumb ass old fool.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
RealityShot:
since you are so 21st century minded, why don't you invent a way to make cars cheaper than motorbikes?

tesla, with all the robots in its factory can't speed up production to make new electic-21st-century-cars cheaper than 35000 dollars.

maybe you should try it...
then you earn the right to complain when boys make these tricycles
So because Onitsha people can not Afford cars that means cars are Expensive? Very Stupid thinking.. grin I didn't have Any problem purchasing my 2017 AmG SUV benz. If you can not Afford a car, Walk Or buy something you can Afford, cars are not meant For Everyone. especially people like you who can't Afford it.

You have No Right to complain that cars are Expensive. grin buy a bicycle the one you can Afford.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
What kinda Rubbish is this? shocked
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by donbenie(m): 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
xelly:

If I govern a state, no need of such manipulations as job will be available for all. I am creative and not a dumb ass old fool.
Hahaha.. grin

Na so every Politician dey talk..

Talk is CHEAP.. cool
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Lunockgold: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
delugajackson:
How safe is the carriage? What is the survival and fatality rate in event of accidents? Have they undergone integrity tests to ascertain it's road worthiness? I hope this is not our very own Boeing 734 killer road-craft on wheels.
hw old are you.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Lunockgold: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Mystick:
These guys self, always finding ways to maneuver the system.
Stubborn set of people.
Igbos refusing to be limited by the system.
I love their doggedness.
GOD bless you,igbo amaka
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by RealityShot: 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
gypsey:
So because Onitsha people can not Afford cars that means cars are Expensive? Very Stupid thinking.. grin I didn't have Any problem purchasing my 2017 AmG SUV benz. If you can not Afford a car, Walk Or buy something you can Afford, cars are not meant For Everyone. especially people like you who can't Afford it.

You have know Right to complain that cars are Expensive. grin buy a bicycle the one you can Afford.
Mr rich man

SHUT UP and stop talking out of point.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
RealityShot:
Mr rich man

SHUT UP and stop talking out of point.
I am not surprised, grin You are an Ignorant Nicompoop!
Bite my ass! Poor man!
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Lunockgold: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
gypsey:
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense?

If it's made for Goods why is that mad man sitting inside it? is he a Heavy Goods Going to be delivered?, grin This Proofs my point that they are Uneducated.
you are indeed a he goat.try nd see ur doctor asap.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lunockgold:
you are indeed a he goat.try nd see ur doctor asap.
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense? grin

Please what does a he goat mean? sad what kinda language is that? You Really are Stupid.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by RealityShot: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
gypsey:
I am not surprised, grin You are an Ignorant Nicompoop!
Bite my ass! Poor man!

tongue
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by mozona(m): 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
man must chop
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by xelly: 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
donbenie:
Hahaha.. grin

Na so every Politician dey talk..

Talk is CHEAP.. cool
My dear, you will see the change soon.
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Bianda24: 12:50am On Mar 18, 2019
booblacain:
When the eagle learns to fly without perching.
The hunter learns to shoot without aiming
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by Godson32(m): 5:38am On Mar 18, 2019
Aba don do this one tey tey
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by suremanpatriot: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2019
igbo ezuzuka grin
you attach a weightles carriag to a high motion motocycle? Go learn fr india tvs to do somethin safe
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by seangy4konji: 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Na goat dem deh carry
Re: Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban by airminem(f): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2020
alezzy13:

Abegiii
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) / How To Send WAEC Results To WES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.