Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! (7660 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Sad Experience With VIO Today / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by unikazzy(m): 7:58am On May 02, 2020
pattybf:

U prefer Abuja no but u like to verify d authenticity of ur documents. Sorry, u can only get that with Lagos no plate.

Many people call to ask me to verify their registration on autoreg but its not uploaded.

Abuja does manual registration.
You are not correct by saying Abuja does MANUAL registration. Lagos operates on Autoreg while Abuja Use EVREG.

Any Abuja number registered is verifiable on FCT-EvReg (or u download ABUJA INSPECTION APP from google play store to verify genuineness of any Abuja Plate number)
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by pattybf(f): 11:16am On May 02, 2020
unikazzy:
You are not correct by saying Abuja does MANUAL registration. Lagos operates on Autoreg while Abuja Use EVREG.

Any Abuja number registered is verifiable on FCT-EvReg (or u download ABUJA INSPECTION APP from google play store to verify genuineness of any Abuja Plate number)

Ok., I guess I don't know much about Abuja registration. Thanks for the correction. I will look into it.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by unikazzy(m): 12:58pm On May 02, 2020
pattybf:

Ok., I guess I don't know much about Abuja registration. Thanks for the correction. I will look into it.
Good....

u are welcome
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by revived: 9:14pm On May 16, 2020
Can OP summarise abegi

I shall got my papers from you

Anyways I need tinted permit
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by nedekid: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2020
woodrow:

The reason is because they don't charge 5k for roadworthiness in Jos.and besides roadworthiness certificate ought to be for commercial buses and trucks only.but greed and selfishness is so prevalent in Lagos.very disgusting.you can imagine asking a brandnew car for roadworthiness certificate
By law,once a private car has vehicle liicense and insurance,its good to go.but in Lagos its a different ball game as if Lagos is different from Nigeria itself.
Is after 5 years a brand new car need roadworthiness certificate. Ie 5 years from manufacture.
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by sooperrescue(m): 5:33am On Jan 01, 2021
The cameras on the road is a brilliant idea but what it's meant to capture is the issue here. I recall that a camera is installed close to a traffic light and once you cross the red light, it captures your car, the plate number, and the time it occurred. But here, the government, interested in selling more number plates, made a blunder by telling motorists to remove the number plates from the car and sell it without the plates. So you find a situation where the car I sold in 2018, the number plates are still with me and like it is happening right now, a lot of people drives their new cars with the old number plates of their old cars. So you have a corolla before and you sold the car and later use the plate number on a Passat. What information will the cameras capture? The government does not have any idea where the car that they registered is located because it's not interested. Let them reverse the policy and let everyone return the plate number of the car they sold for proper documentation. And for those complaining about the radio licence, know also that for every registered car in Lagos, the Customs service collects 500 Naira and yet will still impound the car for not paying the correct duty. The police collects 1000 Naira from 10 motorists and then issues receipt of 1000 Naira to 10 motorists. That CMR department of the police is the main reason why vehicle administration in Nigeria is in shambles

2 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by fk001(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Good morning ma hope you are good.

Please ma I recently bought a car from a friend that is relocating to USA. The car has a Lagos plate number but we are both based in Abuja.

The issue is I want to retain the lagos plate number, but the VIO here in Abuja said I have to send a mail to Lagos VIO so as to change the ownership from their database to mine.

It has been a month now that my Abuja VIO sent a mail to Lagos VIO but no reply yet, he gave me a pink slip that has one month before it expired, after the first one expired her gave me another one on Friday saying hopefully the Lagos VIO will respond before this new pink slip expire

My question is it possible for me to retain the plate number

And is my VIO on the right track?

Thank you ma
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by fk001(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2021
pattybf:
One of my client has already been caught and issued a bill. I would ve uploaded d bill but it will violate his privacy. He was driving with an expired road worthiness.

It was sent to his office, as d vehicle was registered to his company name and address.

Please ma I recently bought a car from a friend that is relocating to USA. The car has a Lagos plate number but we are both based in Abuja.

The issue is I want to retain the lagos plate number, but the VIO here in Abuja said I have to send a mail to Lagos VIO so as to change the ownership from their database to mine.

It has been a month now that my Abuja VIO sent a mail to Lagos VIO but no reply yet, he gave me a pink slip that has one month before it expired, after the first one expired her gave me another one on Friday saying hopefully the Lagos VIO will respond before this new pink slip expire

Thank you ma
Re: Dear Lagosian, VIO Is Closer Than You Think! by pattybf(f): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
fk001:

Thank you ma

Hello.

It is not the job of VIO to change ownership of registered vehicle in Lagos. And please note that you cannot retain the no plate registered to another person's name. You will be allocated another no plate during reregistration.

To change ownership/ reregistration, please contact me on WhatsApp for details: 08023138853

(1) (2) (Reply)

At Traffic Lights, Stay In Gear, Neutral Or Park? / 5 Typical Signs Of A Bad Airbag Sensor / Beware Custom Officers Are Back Siezing Vehicles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.