Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (344 Views)

Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed / Nigeria Airline Industry Being Controlled By Foreign Airlines / Watch:Remains Of Collapsed Genoa Bridge Destroyed In 6 Secs Controlled Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by iamMoshood(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: . by philtea: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lemme book space
Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
of course, parachute can be guided to land safely, but thats not the main issue here.....

A) how would you safely PUT on a parachute, let alone open the door of the plane and jump safely out of that crashing plane?
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY B): how would you survive jumping out of a plane which cruises at 10kms above earth, going at about 800kmh? the cold and lack of oxygen would simply kill you before you reach the ground!

i wont even dwell on how unsafe it would be to jump off a passenger plane, meaning the 1st thing you will hit is either the wings OR the tail.....either way, even if you dont end up in the engine, you will end up like mash potatoes regardless!

the only safe parachute outcome is the below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGkmDb0aIw

2 Likes

Re: . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
Using a parachute without adequate training is just another quick way to die. I swear I thought I had broken my leg the first time I jumped.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: At Least 71 People Has Been Killed After Ferry Sinks I Iraq River / Help! Canada Migration / Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles In Apapa, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.