Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed (7979 Views)

Police Helicopter Crashes In Bauchi: AIB Opens Investigation / Police Helicopter Mistakenly Lands In Oluku, Benin City / University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by MikePhilly(m): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2022
POLICE HELICOPTER IN CONTROLLED SAFE-LANDING IN BAUCHI •

Not crashed as reported, none of the occupants sustained any injury whatsoever

The Nigeria Police Helicopter, Bell 429 5NMDA, flying from Abuja to Bauchi on Wednesday, January 26, 2022, was involved in a controlled safe landing at the Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International Airport, Bauchi. The aircraft did not crash as being reported in some sections of the media and none of the occupants sustained any injury whatsoever. All six (6) on board including the pilot and co-pilot are in good condition.

Similarly, the aircraft, which was flown by one of the best Police Pilots, was professionally safe-landed with minor damage on the rear rotor as a result of obstacle at the landing spot. The incident occurred around 7:30PM (local time).

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has commended the Police Air-Wing for their professionalism in safe-landing the aircraft and averting any serious air-mishap. He further noted that the Nigeria Police Air-wing – with a fleet of one fixed-wing aircraft, a citation jet and thirteen (13) helicopters - has got a strong history of air safety since its establishment in the year 1972.

CP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

January 27, 2022

https://prnigeria.com/2022/01/27/police-helicopters-didn-crash/

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by thesicilian: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2022
Hope they'll take it to the engineers for proper check and not just "thank God nobody died" and then back to sleep

5 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by chatinent: 6:58am On Jan 28, 2022
Believe at your peril.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by jojo1415: 7:15am On Jan 28, 2022
Nigerian police wil always twist the story cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by everythinggirly(f): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2022
Thank God.
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Abdul9025(m): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2022
Story story
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by zimakod(m): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2022
That is there business.

2 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by ValCon888: 7:17am On Jan 28, 2022
More like controlled lies.

3 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Jan 28, 2022
Let's hear from Lai when he wakes up.

4 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by MissionaryArchi(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Obstacle?

2 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Abiola1531(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Multiple story on one scene undecided
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by bigdammyj: 7:19am On Jan 28, 2022
We've heard you, it's okay
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Sensiblerealist: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2022
How come the Accident Investigation Bureau released a statement strongly citing a crash. Who dey lie now
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by xtocom: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2022
E land well o! E no land well o, it will not bring the price of cement to 1700 again nor rice to normal price again.[quote author=MikePhilly post=109750512]POLICE HELICOPTER IN CONTROLLED SAFE-LANDING IN BAUCHI •

Not crashed as reported, none of the occupants sustained any injury whatsoever
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by nairaman66(m): 7:21am On Jan 28, 2022
Took them almost 24hrs to manufacture another lie! Wow
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by xtocom: 7:21am On Jan 28, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Lsated: 7:21am On Jan 28, 2022
lol
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by deepwater(f): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2022
So the AIB was lying or what
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by haconjy(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2022
Who's lying?

Government of Lies.
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Racoon(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2022
Liars!
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by miniziter(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2022
APC is now becoming weak in everything. Its now even taking them more than 24hrs to cook a lie that used to be manufactured by them almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by olisefom: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2022
This people can deny anything. I mean anything.
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Starlight252: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
I don't care who is lieing here. . . See the air fleet of the Nigerian Police Force. Abi that is also a misinformation ni?
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Tpharell: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
This statement is completely at variance with that of the Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB), so leaves us wondering what's going on

1 Like

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Josehebh: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2022
grin
Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Jakumo(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2022
More than likely that helicopter pilot encountered engine problems aloft, and was forced to perform an autorotation approach and landing, in which a forward airspeed of around 60 knots is maintained with careful control of the helicopter's nose-up orientation as the descent progresses, whereby at the last instant the most crucial aspect of the procedure called the "flare" must be performed with absolute precision in a manner that converts the forward momentum of the unpowered aircraft into sufficient lift to ensure a feather-light touch-down on terra-firma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation

Autorotation landings are a vital aspect of helicopter pilot training, and all successful trainee pilots are expected to react instinctively the instant the main rotor of the bird loses power, so as to guide the craft all the way to the ground by managing airspeed, positional attitude and gravity in a delicate balance all the way down to a safe touch-down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2022
MikePhilly:
Similarly, the aircraft, which was flown by one of the best Police Pilots, was professionally safe-landed with minor damage on the rear rotor as a result of obstacle at the landing spot...

Minor damage on the rear rotor as a result of hitting an obstacle?

The rear rotor is literally the only reason why helicopters remain airborne. Any slight damage to them will result in the helicopter spinning in the opposite direction of the main rotor at the top, which as you can imagine doesn't usually end well.

Their only luck here was that the helicopter was close to the ground.

The police doesn't need to deny the accident; Rather own up to it and make corrections. That's how people progress.

I believe the Accident Investigations Bureau's (AIB) version more than this version from the police. It was an accident but everyone's safe with minor injuries/shock.

3 Likes

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by victorazy(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
thesicilian:
Hope they'll take it to the engineers for proper check and not just "thank God nobody died" and then back to sleep

And you believed this damage control story?

1 Like

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Micronxx(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2022
Believe Npf at your own peril

Pls my fellow nairalanders pardon me I've never done this before but I have no other options and that why I created a new moniker for this,,,,this January have been very rough for me I hardly feed 1 square meal in a day pls a kind hearted nairalander should help me out with any amount even if it 500 I'll really appreciate,I pray God bless the giver

Lala, abeg help your boy

Access bank
Martinez

1 Like

Re: Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed by Boogyman557: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Work Abroad In South America, Ecuador / Nigerian Passport Renewal In The UK / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.