Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

An Open Letter To Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Nairalanders (1300 Views)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / Archbishop Okogie Writes Buhari An Open Letter: Are You A Nigerian Or Not? / Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nairalanders by AceRoyal: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm going to be very brief and straight to the point.
Some couple of years ago, Nairaland use to be very interesting, educating and fun.

Now a days, it's a shadow of itself. From the wacky news that most times grace the front page, to the numerous funny comments, etc. But the most worrying of all is the high level of ethnic, tribal and religious wars going on right now on Nairaland.

It has gotten to a very worrisome level, that every truly patriotic Nigerian irrespective of political, religious and ethnic affiliations should be very worried.

Nairaland paints a picture of Nigeria to the world. All these ethnic and religious onslaughts should please stop.

Kids in secondary schools have access to this site, what impression are we making on them about their nation. What do you think the ripple effects of what they see on Nairaland will be on our nation in the nearest future.

Why so much hate and bitterness amongst us?
Must we allow our dark past, cast a dark shadow over our present and future as a nation?
Points and comments can be made without insults and castigations,especially castigating a whole tribe or people.

Nairaland should be used to propagate national unity, cohesion and patriotism.
I'm tired of seeing these tribal, ethnic and religious wars on almost every thread.
If this continues, it may collapse not only Nairaland but our nation as a whole.

The sad part is that, the world is watching us by actively monitoring this site that has become an online ambassador of Nigeria.

I'm appealing to every Nairalander engaging in this senseless and meaningless show of shame in the name of tribal war or ethnic supremacy to please stop. If this is not checkmated now, it might transcend beyond the cyber world, into real life, large scale ethic and religious onslaughts.

Outside this country, they don't care if you are Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, or any other tribe. All they care about is your nationality. They see us all simply as Nigerians.

I'm also appealing to the mods and owners of Nairaland to adopt stringent measures to curb this menace that's slowly eating into the fabrics of our national unity and progress as a nation.

Some scrupulous people might be benefiting from this division and fights amongst us, but we will never make any real, meaningful sustainable development if we don't try to curtail this menace. We should all stand for what is good and right, irrespective of tribal, ethnic or religious affiliations or aggrandizement.

Please, once again I am begging and appealing..... Let's stop this madness of tribal, ethnic and religious attacks, segregation and castigation.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless every Nigerian.
God Bless Nairaland.
God Bless Nairalanders.

Yours faithfully,
-AceRoyal.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J.
Pls can you move it to front page....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 6:53am On Mar 19, 2019
Guy, most nairalanders are either kids or adults stock in kids mentality.
What they feel about Nigeria is what their parents have passed to them. Their brain isn't well developed to access Nigeria as a 21st century country.
No pipe borne water, epileptic power supply, down pressing security outfits, comatose health care, secrecy in government, misfits running the government, education system that is more of creche like all the way, etc.
People will leave all these challenges and be worried that the other tribe might be doing better than theirs.
I am Igbo. I do not send who sits on the chair. Just do what the dictates of the position demands.
Another issue is that the black man is not contended. That's why the just concluded elections had more people with o'level contesting for positions (they will never be able to handle) rather than those with proven experience and education.
Lastly, our mumu is in built. What percentage of our population can say they understand what governance (not politics) is all about? That is why we can kill for tribal reasons to keep our parapo in government rather than insist on (good) governance.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Afamed: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2019
I sincerely hope people will take to corrections

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 19, 2019
You spoke well Op, I dont understand the mentality of Nigerians. Som of these ppl are even young fathers n mothers, they still come here to insult.

Y not just pass even if u read a comment dat doesnt satisfy u? Just pass n drop urs...Simple.

Some go to d extent of creating a topic for all these tribalism issues n open some threads just to insult.

Na comment u comment ooo n d nxt tin u see is som1 insulting ur father and mother.

Is it dat some Nigerians just lack maturity? because av noticed all thes tins hardly happen on foreign forum.

What majority of Nairalanders fail to understand is that..The whole world can assess the behaviour of Nigerians just tru dis forum, n thats gonna continue giving us the usual bad name.

Mods sud look into this too n I suggest they sud be stopping all these negative acts immediately, I understand they ar doing a great job n ar always occupied but wot if Seun get som moderators purposely to review comments? This will help n ppl wil knw improper stuff wont even show.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 19, 2019
That's one aspect OP. The other part I don't like is seeing the news of Bobrisky on front page. I mean, that sh!t makes no sense to me and adds no value to most readers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 19, 2019
wizzyrich:
That's one aspect OP. The other part I don't like is seeing the news of Bobrisky on front page. I mean, that sh!t makes no sense to me and adds no value to most readers.
As in eh. Always making stupid people famous!
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 7:22am On Mar 19, 2019
wizzyrich:
People can't feed, get jobs, access basic amenities, but will be interested in bobriski news. It's like being naked and not realising that one is naked. Meaning, our issues are deep.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 19, 2019
Mercy aigbe bought new clothes-
FP Bobrisky grows breast- FP tonto fix new nails -FP Dj cuppy burnt her food -FP. Hushdog vacations in kalahari
republic- FP. Gone are the glory days of
Nairaland. One day the inevitable will happen. U dnt destroy d integrity of
nairaland becus of traffic-money.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2019
"The sad part is that, the world is watching us by actively monitoring this site that has become an online ambassador of Nigeria.

Outside this country, they don't care if you are Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, or any other tribe. All they care about is your nationality. They see us all simply as Nigerians
."

The highlighted should be taken seriously. Security agents monitor this site meticulously to get into the pysch of an average Nigerian criminal mind in order to catch them and it works. Recently someone was complaining about US Visa denials, why won't there be when they already read on nairaland how Nigerians go about faking everything.
Not too long ago, a black American colleague told me how he did Ancestry DNA and found out he was 45% or so Nigerian. I was shocked when he jokingly told me that all he needed was just to buy a laptop and become a full fledged Nigerian. I laughed but I was pained how the world now regard all of us as internet fraudsters and I believe they read about all these nonsense news of yahoo plus or whatever they call it here.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:48am On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44, do the needful and close this topic.

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by amidel(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2019
True.
Mr Seun seems not bothered about the menace as it's good business for him, more comments and users of the platform.

Let's put aside our fake hate and try to make comments that will help foster unity amongst us.

Good one op.

I hope this thread gets to the front page.

I'm one of the kids on Nairaland shagrin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:59am On Mar 19, 2019
The tribal wars can't stop

Because we are not one people.. We are living in denial... Our diversity is a curse

How can a section of the country condone killings of innocent Christian villagers just because of land and the battle for space... We know the people committing ethnic cleansing but we choose to call them Armed bandits...

How can a section of the country keep voting for a sick old illiterate man who is unfit to rule and has nothing to offer the country economically .. Just to spite others
They forgot that we all will suffer the consequences together

We are clearly not getting it right... But we don't care
Our population growth is scary... Especially in the north and It needs to be addressed... For those who live in lekki.. Ajah axis.. Please visit The once open fields opposite Abraham Adesanya estate by total filling station... You will marvel

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by orisa37: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2019
-AceRoyal is making a good point to Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by buhariguy(m): 8:24am On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Thanks.
you are one of the problem of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2019
buhariguy:
you are one of the problem of Nigeria

See what is talking...

No more idiotic pigs trash today?

Useless citizens... Useless country

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by buhariguy(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
The tribal wars can't stop

Because we are not one people.. We are living in denial... Our diversity is a curse

How can a section of the country condone killings of innocent Christian villagers just because of land and the battle for space... We know the people committing ethnic cleansing but we choose to call them Armed bandits...

How can a section of the country keep voting for a sick old illiterate man who is unfit to rule and has nothing to offer the country economically .. Just to spite others
They forgot that we all will suffer the consequences together

We are clearly not getting it right... But we don't care
Our population growth is scary... Especially in the north and It needs to be addressed... For those who live in lekki.. Ajah axis.. Please visit The once open fields opposite Abraham Adesanya estate by total filling station... You will marvel
you are one of the problem of Nigeria, always voting for criminals and you want nigeria to be develop like western world by importing common food, tell me any country that import what they can produce?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by adubam(m): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2019
The opp won't move it to front page. They are not interested. But if it is Tonto Dike and Co news sharp sharp to front page.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by may320: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2019
@Op please correct your title first...letter not latter, you suppose don see am nau.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Ola17: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2019
This type of thread do surface on NL from time to time, truth is, it will take a lot of social engineering to change the mindset of an average Nigerian.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2019
Chuks9000:
Guy, most nairalanders are either kids or adults stock in kids mentality.
What they feel about Nigeria is what their parents have passed to them. Their brain isn't well developed to access Nigeria as a 21st century country.
No pipe borne water, epileptic power supply, down pressing security outfits, comatose health care, secrecy in government, misfits running the government, education system that is more of creche like all the way, etc.
People will leave all these challenges and be worried that the other tribe might be doing better than theirs.
I am Igbo. I do not send who sits on the chair. Just do what the dictates of the position demands.
Another issue is that the black man is not contended. That's why the just concluded elections had more people with o'level contesting for positions (they will never be able to handle) rather than those with proven experience and education.
Lastly, our mumu is in built. What percentage of our population can say they understand what governance (not politics) is all about? That is why we can kill for tribal reasons to keep our parapo in government rather than insist on (good) governance.

Must u tell us u are igbo before u drive. Ur point home.
Same kid/childish mentality u talking about.
Grow up before u ask others to.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2019
To express my opinion and detestful atrocities of awolowo is now a crime.

Anyway he died regretting his actions.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Herdsmen: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2019
Nairaland died 2013 08 31

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 11:38am On Mar 19, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Must u tell us u are igbo before u drive. Ur point home.
Same kid/childish mentality u talking about.
Grow up before u ask others to.
I've noticed you hate the mention of Igbo. I can't help it.
I mentioned my tribe and take a position for people with biased opinions to realise it's not a tribe thing.
It's called unity in diversity.
If you can't deal with it, choke on it.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by NkayStory(f): 11:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Nairaland is to Social-Media what Jerry Springer was to talk-shows..

Therefore trying to sanitize it is an excercise in futility...Besides it lays to bare the reason why Nigeria should dis-integrate cos our diversity is a curse and not a blessing..

.I cant count the number of threads like this one i have read as a guest on nairaland,all to no avail..Instead it has gotten even worse

And that is me being honest.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 11:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

Thanks.
Oga, we are all learning. Please, give one good for your request?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 19, 2019
Chuks9000:

I've noticed you hate the mention of Igbo. I can't help it.
I mentioned my tribe and take a position for people with biased opinions to realise it's not a tribe thing.
It's called unity in diversity.
If you can't deal with it, choke on it.

Next
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by kapelvej: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2019
This is how the problem of complacency starts. This forum is not a propaganda forum to launder the image of the country. You can create your own forum for that purpose.
when a president appoints 17 out 19 security chiefs from one part of the nation when a presidents call one set of people 5 percent. when I am from the part of a nation that produces 80 percent of the wealth of a nation and yet you call me minority tribe, when I am from a nation where I have to score 70 percent and some other people have to score only 10 percent on the same examination. You expect me to keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Next
You just dey make me laugh.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
kapelvej:
This is how the problem of complacency starts. This forum is not a propaganda forum to launder the image of the country. You can create your own forum for that purpose.
when a president appoints 17 out 19 security chiefs from one part of the nation when a presidents call one set of people 5 percent. when I am from the part of a nation that produces 80 percent of the wealth of a nation and yet you call me minority tribe, when I am from a nation where I have to score 70 percent and some other people have to score only 10 percent on the same examination. You expect me to keep quiet.
What you said makes brain.
I'm not bothered if the entire ministers are his village members. As long as he can live up to expectations.
This is my hope. That the populace arrive at a level of true awareness like the exam imbalance for instance. Thereafter, react positively to such awareness. Meaning, if those representing you and me do not align to fixing the problems of the society, we don't have to wait 4 years to look for those who will!
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
Chuks9000:

You just dey make me laugh.

Next
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by kapelvej: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
Chuks9000:

What you said makes brain.
I'm not bothered if the entire ministers are his village members. As long as he can live up to expectations.
This is my hope. That the populace arrive at a level of true awareness like the exam imbalance for instance. Thereafter, react positively to such awareness. Meaning, if those representing you and me do not align to fixing the problems of the society, we don't have to wait 4 years to look for those who will!

My brother, you are missing the point, you are deceiving yourself if you think that I am not in support of the best man not getting the JOb. What I am saying is that that best man is in every tribe in Nigeria, and they should be sought after.

I am not ready to fall again into this argument of it doesn't matter, the best person should do the job irrespective of where he comes from. But there are qualified people all over the country, so qualified people should be sought after and balance our ethnic diversities.

This is deeper than what you think. How come before national festivals like independence, there is a national Christian thanksgiving and Moslem jumaait service, why can't we say let's have one, it doesn't matter, God is God.
When it is convenient, they say cometence matters, when it is not they sing another song.
Re: An Open Letter To Nairalanders by Chuks9000: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
kapelvej:
My brother, you are missing the point, you are deceiving yourself if you think that I am not in support of the best man not getting the JOb. What I am saying is that that best man is in every tribe in Nigeria, and they should be sought after.

I am not ready to fall again into this argument of it doesn't matter, the best person should do the job irrespective of where he comes from. But there are qualified people all over the country, so qualified people should be sought after and balance our ethnic diversities.

This is deeper than what you think. How come before national festivals like independence, there is a national Christian thanksgiving and Moslem jumaait service, why can't we say let's have one, it doesn't matter, God is God.
When it is convenient, they say cometence matters, when it is not they sing another song.
From a very young age, I have always hated politics because of controversies.
This is what I meant:
Nothing should be left to any public officer's discretion. ie, where the laws did not give specifics, I surrender to the officer's discretion.
Eg, how many ministers should be from the NE, NW, NC, SW, SS, SE? It's not enough to just ask for fair representation. It should be defined to eliminate confusion.
For those laws/policies that are defined but biased, eg, the tetiary admission requirement by catchment areas, what are our representatives doing about them? Do we have a structure to monitor the activities of our rep?
Can we support them if they are on course or recall them if they are clueless?
But the number one awareness is to know what each office does, such that we can channel our efforts properly.
This is where we as a people are missing it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu Breaks Fast With Sen. Adamu, Alhaji Imam, Mukhtar, Others (photos) / Akeredolu Inspects Ongoing Construction Of New Ifon General Hospital (photos) / Tension As Soldiers Invade IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.