Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Ibrahimovic: "The English Premier League Is Overrated" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibrahimovic: "The English Premier League Is Overrated" (603 Views)

"English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic / Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ / Manchester United Have Shown They No Longer Need Zlatan Ibrahimovic The Player (2) (3) (4)

Ibrahimovic: "The English Premier League Is Overrated" by queenonyebiri1(f): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed the quality of football in the Premier League was exactly as he expected when he signed for Manchester United – overrated.

After leaving his native Sweden, Ibrahimovic played four seasons in the Netherlands' Eredivisie, seven seasons in Italy's Serie A, four seasons in France's Ligue 1 and a year in Spain's La Liga, winning 12 domestic titles in total.

The 116-cap Sweden international finally made the move to the English top flight in July 2016, aged 34, and he explained how he anticipated he would need to adjust to the Premier League.

Ibrahimovic netted 17 goals in 28 games during his first season at Old Trafford and the striker, now at LA Galaxy in the United States' Major League Soccer, can only imagine what would have happened had he arrived in Manchester 10 years earlier.

Ibrahimovic, who slammed Manchester United legends, told the Mirror:

"It was exactly like I thought it was. It was very hyped, it was very intense, the pace was very high, it was good but the quality is a bit over-rated.

"Over-rated from a technical point of view. But it is high pace and intense and if you cannot handle those two things, you cannot survive.

"I don’t regret not having longer in the Premier League. I think everything that happens was meant to happen.

"The only thing is imagine if I came 10 years before I came. It would be a different story. But I am more sorry for the fans for not coming earlier because they would have seen a different animal."

Click the link to keep reading: https://www.queensmail.com/2019/03/ibrahimovic-english-premier-league-is.html

Source: [url]QUEENSMAIL.COM[/url]

Re: Ibrahimovic: "The English Premier League Is Overrated" by Bruno3000(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Just as u have been overrated during ur playing career. Which other league is more exciting? foolish egomaniac! why u no win champions league or world cvp if u sabi?
Re: Ibrahimovic: "The English Premier League Is Overrated" by samsard(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
Bruno3000:
Just as u have been overrated during ur playing career. Which other league is more exciting? foolish egomaniac! why u no win champions league or world cvp if u sabi?
He runs his mouth way too much

'drake Curse' Hitting European Soccer Players? AS Roma Issues 6 God Ban / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr Full Fight Highlights Knockout / Maradona: I'm The Man To Bring Trophies To Man Utd