Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard (930 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / God's Standard Ways Before Going Into Any Marriage. / God's Standard Of Judgement At The Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by cyberline(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2010
A friend once asked me this question and i am putting it to you guys. is really possible and pls support your answers.
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by showvic(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2010
yes and No. I will give a detailed treatise on this on my blog on monday. Don't miss it.
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by Jenwitemi(m): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2010
Depends on which God you are talking about. If it is the bible god you are referring to, then the question should be turned on it's head and be asked if this god can live up to the expectations of humanity.
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by cyberline(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2010
pls I asked a question. Don't turn the tables around because I believe if we live up to His standards then we won't be bothered about Him living up to our expectation. But come to think of it, who should live up to the others expectation, the creator or the created?
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by Jenwitemi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2010
Depends on who the creator is to you. If it is that twisted maniac on the pages of the OT, then he should live up to ours. That beast has a standard that is so low, it would shame the devil.
cyberline:

pls I asked a question. Don't turn the tables around because I believe if we live up to His standards then we won't be bothered about Him living up to our expectation. But come to think of it, who should live up to the others expectation, the creator or the created?
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by tpiah: 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ topic

not without God's help.
Re: Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard by yommyuk: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2010
God's Standard is full perfection. No one is perfect before God on his own.

But in Christ Jesus, we have being made perfect towards God. cool

(1) (Reply)

Don't Worry About The Wicked Or Envy Those Who Do Wrong. / 11-year-old Boy Leads Church As An Ordained Minister / Where Did All The Wonderful Threads Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.