Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku (18205 Views)

Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV / Wike, Okupe, Gbenga Daniel — Six Winners And Losers Of PDP Primary / Amnesty Office Denies Abandoning 19 Nigerian Students In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by chidima2019: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
The former director-general of the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign organisation for the 2019 general elections, Gbenga Daniel, has denied abandoning the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party.

“I have not, will not and will never abandon Atiku,” said Daniel on Tuesday.

Daniel, who renounced his membership from the People’s Democratic Party last Friday, insisted that he will not rescind his decision to quit active and partisan politics and divorce himself from the activities of the party.

He, however, noted that having nothing to do with the party did not mean he has abandoned its presidential candidate.

“Atiku is different from PDP,” he said.

Daniel, in a letter sent to the national chairman of the PDP Uche Secondus, said he quit politics for personal reasons.

In his statement on Tuesday Daniel hinted that he resigned from PDP because it has been a “thankless process” for the past 20 years.

A similar thought had been shared by his supporters who complained that Daniel was treated “with disdain” in the PDP.

Although his supporters desire he leads them to the ruling All Progressives Congress, Daniel said: “I did not agree to lead them to APC.”

“I listened carefully to them and I permitted them to join any political party of their choice since I have become non-partisan,” Daniel said on Sunday evening.

He doubled down on his claim to non-partisanship again on Tuesday, noting that he will continue to support the political process in a non-partisan manner.

“I am clear with my position, without any ambiguity,” he said.

“There is no need to insinuate, speculate, extrapolate, anticipate or draw conclusions on my behalf.”

His resignation had since attracted “insults” from critics.

A chieftain of the PDP Femi Fani-Kayode Monday said Daniel decision to dump the party at the time it was challenging the presidential election result was tragic.

“For the 1st DG of Atiku’s PCO and his closest confidante in South West to dump PDP and join APC before the conclusion of Atiku’s election petition is sad,” Fani-Kayode said in a tweet.

“For a man that was gunning to be SGF in an Atiku govt. to join Buhari after Atiku was rigged out is tragic,” he added.

However, Daniel again debunked joining the APC. He emphasized that “There is no need to insinuate, speculate, extrapolate, anticipate or draw conclusions on my behalf.”

“I did not expect such a simple personal decision can generate such national discourse and for that I remain grateful to God,” Daniel said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/gbenga-daniel-denies-abandoning-atiku.html

1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by davido2017(m): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oga oo
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by ShawtCake(f): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
Choose a struggle Mr man!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Mopolchi: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
Good to note Mr Daniel. You have done well.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by malabite3: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Shame

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Siralgebra04(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Fani Kayode is competing with Reno Omokriminal in criticizing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Rick9(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Msheewww
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Whiteangel1234: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
Afonja Traitor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by oyetunder(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
who cares? No padi for political jungle.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by natureboy2(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
LOl

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Yoighaman(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
He is irrelevant politically, the APC have won elections without him and would continue to do so. He should go and ask Femi Pedro.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by sean079: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
We should put ourself in Daniel shoes IF we can accept the kind of humiliation and treatment met on HIM by replacing HIM with saraki after his effort in helping atiku to clinched the pdp ticket. After then, u can judge HIM för his decision

13 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by fikiman7000(m): 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
This man want to be playing another Obasanjo role in ogun state where he will sit at home and politicians will be coming to him for advice and endorsement
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ok, good to knw
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by oluadex99(m): 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
We don hear
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Yankee101: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yoruba, Yoruba, Yoruba!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Baawaa(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Daniel, who renounced his membership from the People’s Democratic Party last Friday, insisted that he will not rescind his decision to quit active and partisan politics and divorce himself from the activities of the party.

He, however, noted that having nothing to do with the party did not mean he has abandoned its presidential candidate.
They will stone this man to death very soon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Augiiee(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
davido2017:
Oga oo
The question is would he have quited had #Atiku won? We all know d ans to dat

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Cletus77(m): 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Look at this two edged sword..

Who is he trying to decieve? What is the meaning of Atiku is different from PDP?

So he is saying he can be an APC member while being the DG of the PDP's presidential candidate?

I know his type..incase the court swings in Atiku's favour he won't be left out

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Honor10: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yankee101:
Yoruba, Yoruba, Yoruba!

igbo, ibo, flat head, Osu

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Jesuslvzme(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yoruba betrays themselves since 1500

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by hazardneymar: 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nigerians ar funny: we ar d one complaining abt d old politicians dnt won't to quit 4 d young once to take their place,now gbenga decided to quit ppl around him ar not happy:: WHY for God sake,cnt sum1 resign frm politics in peace

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by crazygod(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Political prostitute, backstabber and traitor. Pueeh. angry

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by slivertongue: 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
OK. ENJOY UR RETIREMENT
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by jaxxy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
It’s complicated I guess because he’s supporting Pdp in his state for obvious reasons and that’s where the dilemma is.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Amuocha: 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
One leg in, one leg out shocked
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by CioAngels(f): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Traitor, why wont you resign? You resigned out out of shame after you have sold PDP result vote to APC. Atiku does not need you, after milking him, you shameless man, one would have thought you have integrity, but No.

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by globemoney: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mopolchi:
Good to note Mr Daniel. You have done well.
When is adaobi resigning from pdp too? smiley
Re: Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku by Mopolchi: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
globemoney:

When is adaobi resigning from pdp too? smiley
When will the drunkard at Agu Oka resign from APGA and enter APC? wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Accuses Nigerians Of Rejoicing Over Insecurity / "We No Dey Give Shi Shi In The Mud" - Dipo Awojide Mocks Obidients / 500 Quran Reciters Pray For Buhari In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.