Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" (40932 Views)

Health Benefits Of Agbo Jedi Jedi Ingredients And Recipes / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by alizma: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
see why Boko Haram says western education is bad. when someone spend money to send you to school and you go there to read nonsense this is the usual result. between the Africans who drink the agbo and the Westerners who don't drink agbo which people have the highest kidney failure record?
anyway, Sango will attend to Una case.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by airsaylongcon: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2019
generationz:
I don't believe this.

They can say anything to discredit herbal medicine that has been a source of wellness for years.

If I may ask what exactly in the agbo causes kidney damage?

I took agbo iba as a child to combat malaria and nothing happened to me.

An average traditional Yoruba family drinks agbo like they drink coke.
If it were true there would be higher percentage of kidney failure among them ( plus their kids) than anywhere in naija

The agbo you took as a child was probably dogoyaro soaked in water. It has been scientifically proven that dogoyaro contains anti-malarial quinine. The agbo these days are a combination of untested and unverified herbs all soaked in anything from crude ogogoro to liquids such as formaldehyde (formalin used for embalming dead bodies). Since there's no Quality Control in how these things are produced, proper dosage cannot be given

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Sluvist(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
Those peoples must be great liars, Agbo was serving right from human generation. If you guys just found 1 or 2 side effects of it does not mean we should stop taking it, after all, even the hospital medicine has side effects in some cases. Let me go and takes 1 short now, in fact.
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Sluvist(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
airsaylongcon:

The agbo you took as a child was probably dogoyaro soaked in water. It has been scientifically proven that dogoyaro contains anti-malarial quinine. The agbo these days are a combination of untested and unverified herbs all soaked in anything from crude ogogoro to liquids such as formaldehyde (formalin used for embalming dead bodies). Since there's no Quality Control in how these things are produced, proper dosage cannot be given
Oga, your grammar is too long, please can you tell us any medicine scientifically produced that has no size effects?

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by MrRush(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
They want us to stop taking agbo that has been working for our great grandparents and use there's that is chemical and cocaine filled

The whites are fond of spoiling others cultures to promote there's and force us to embrace it especially we AFRICANS.

But unfortunately for them most of us are wiser now

We can't follow all they say, not even on this topic
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Akanoaaa(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
See yeye post. My dad died at the age of 86 without any terrible sickness and my mom is 83 now and if u see her you will think she's 43, and you know what? Agbo is the only medicine they takes. Arakunrin the poster, even if u tell me agbo was the only reason some dindinrins voted for buhari I will still not believe you. I believed in agbo more than anything cuz I was born inside agbo. Wo Arakunrin all these werey write up is not for we Africans, So yi e? Tankiu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by VKconcept(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
Trying to demarket our Local Herbs..this what our Great Great Great Grand Fathers were takIng then and their Life Expectancy is more higher than our generation even to come grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by sureheaven(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
This is what I do for living, I hawk Agbo with fried meat. Mine Agbo is well arrange. I sell Ale and so on. Pls u people shouldn't spoil someone market. That's a bad idea U know

Leave them, I won't stop taking agbo.
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by airsaylongcon: 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
Sluvist:

Oga, your grammar is too long, please can you tell us any medicine scientifically produced that has no size effects?

None. That's why there is dosage. If you take medications following a stipulated dosage, there is almost always no side effects. Tramadol that you see people abuse today is a legal medication prescribed in maximum of 50mg doses. The ones abused on the street is almost 5 times that. Imagine swallowing 5 paracetamol at once, surely there will be side effects to that abuse

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by MrRush(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
generationz:
I don't believe this.

They can say anything to discredit herbal medicine that has been a source of wellness for years.

If I may ask what exactly in the agbo causes kidney damage?

I took agbo iba as a child to combat malaria and nothing happened to me.

An average traditional Yoruba family drinks agbo like they drink coke.
If it were true there would be higher percentage of kidney failure among them ( plus their kids) than anywhere in naija
this topic is not supposed to make front page sef

I think 60% of yorubas adult of today from 40 to 50 yr old should be battling with kidney problems if there's any truth in what they're saying, because back then they're more likely to use agbo to cure or prevent sickness than white medicines

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by olu77(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
franchasng:
WHO liars angry

Who sent you people; western pharceutical companies I guess

Tell them to face their side and continue on their research for cancer cure and leave Africa with her traditional herbs cool

Thesame damaged organs that they will still que to harvest from Africans who died on their way to Europe. This people can lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by courage89(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bullshit...

Which country and continent has the highest rate of kidney failure in the world? Not Nigeria and not Africa.

Also, some drugs have side effects similar to these, even more severe than the consequences they are talking about. How come they are not condemning those drugs?

Let them leave our agbo for us and not condemn them for Nigerians and upcoming generations.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Akanoaaa(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Were you there? Some people gan
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by alizma: 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
MrRush:
They want us to stop taking agbo that has been working for our great grandparents and use there's that is chemical and cocaine filled

The whites are fond of spoiling others cultures to promote there's and force us to embrace it especially we AFRICANS.

But unfortunately for them most of us are wiser now

We can't follow all they say, not even on this topic

they can only brain wash those who left their African brain at home while going to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Abeycity93: 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2019
This people are trying to reduce African population with several chemicals used as drugs. I won't stop taking agbo till I die, because that's was what my parent took from birth even my forefather, ewe ategbo is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Reeb2244: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
lathrowinger:
This is what I do for living, I hawk Agbo with fried meat. Mine Agbo is well arrange. I sell Ale and so on. Pls u people shouldn't spoil someone market. That's a bad idea U know
Try and read the problems it causes. Ignorance is disturbing you.
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
grin grin grin

They complain about Agbo. Which is very convenient, considering they introduced sanitary pads, GMO food, and other cancer inducing materials as products which we consume without knowing their harmful effects.

If you have been diagnosed with Fibroids or other feminine reproductive ailments, better borrow some sense and quit using chemical-filled sanitary pads, except if work does not permit you to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by standout5: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
if no be agbo you for no see my comment for your post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by koladebrainiac(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
why we should stop taking medical Medicine ..... shey eni eh yawere ni.
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Olajah81: 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
lathrowinger:

How much is Opa-Ehin and Afato?
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by youngdvirus(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
the post no make brain no image meanwhile na pic dey carry me open thread
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
No I Am not reading that shit. I am well read and we'll travelled and I can authoritative say that our herbs are very good and has minimal side effects compared to the western drugs and medicines. The west is always trying to brain wash us with nonsense . That's how a Nigerian found a cure for HIV and instead of the west to work with him and see how to curb this epidemic they insisted that his descovery was shit. This is a guy that openly cured someone that tested positive in the presence of everyone. Op gerrara here meh shiiiit

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by MrRush(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
alizma:

they can only brain wash those who left their African brain at home while going to school.
lol true
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Olajah81: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kendumazy:
Agbo jedi, ale, opa eyin etc wey boys dey take high and fvck. Okay ooooooo. When they are ready to preach. They should go under bridge go tell that one to boys.

How much is Opa-Ehin and Afato now
It really scares here in Benin city
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Olajah81: 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
kaypompey:
Agbo tiii ko baa je, ewe eh Ku ikan niii..English translator help me bikooo.

Better agbo need better ingredients
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Indomie001: 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
kaypompey:
Agbo tiii ko baa je, ewe eh Ku ikan niii..English translator help me bikooo.
The concortion wey no work well na im leave remain one......i no try grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Horlawealth(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
Their game is that people don't go to hospitals as dey want any more.and their drugs no dey sell as much as dey want it in other to make money.this Agbo in question has been existing for so long to extent my granpa DAT used to it spent almost 121 years on this land.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Angelawhite(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
lathrowinger:

The question is, does it have dosage ? Does it expire ?
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Olajah81: 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
Me and my babe no dey Agbo joke oooo
Dats what keep us going
Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Giftednwaimo(f): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
For the vital reasons, everything here is correct.
Drugs without dosage and expiring date!
Everyone might not be lucky, that's more reasons why precautions is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Omo agbo is very popular over here in edo state. I be seeing all these yoruba girls with big ukwu dey balance bottles filled with agbo inside their plastic bowls on top of head.so agbo can cause kidney complications?shocked.. Hmm i no even dey drink am b4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour / Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test / Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.