Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,294 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix (4064 Views)

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? / Album Of The Year "asa" Download Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by tosinaded(m): 6:32am On Sep 08, 2010
Y una wan kil una sef na. . . . .

I thought sales and acceptance play a major role in this kind of topics!
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by yoji: 7:34am On Sep 08, 2010
@ tosinaded
Thank u my brother. U can't take sales out of d equation. D fact it was hardcore wit lots of wordplay is still not enough. Take nas' illmatic for instance, not only was it street and inspiring,I also sold! And its that combination along wit acceptability that makes it a classic. Cannibus for example won't hav any of his album labelled classic jus cos its loaded wit bars and metaphors. I get d impression the sole criteria modey fans use is d hardcore nature. Take note that biggie's life after death and pac's all eyez on me we highly commercial. Both were even double cd and still considered classics.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by DBR: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2010
All eminems album sell million, all eminens albums were classic.
Illmatic was tagged the greatest hip hop album of all time/the best hip-hop record ever made.
i guess it must have the greatest and highest sale too?

Heck. . soulja boy sold millions.

oNe
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Rhymstein(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2010
@yoji
Sharap,do u knw how many years it tuk illmatic to go plat?

@topic
No need to argue,Malcolm ix:lost tapes i dont have it,tjoe made 5,000 copies,no be everybody get

This ppl come here n make it luk lyk mode sells a thousand of his albums

Pentium ix, 10,000 copies were initially produced n sold out,they produced 50,000 more

And then EPU,mode said sold over 100,000 first few months

Paradigm shift was d one dat didnt sell

Da vinci mode should surpass EPU,cos i found it in houses i least expected

@baslone
Mode9 no get hit abi,shey na only club bangers be hit?

Before now,if u mention mode9,wch song do ppl remember him for? Cry,no be hit be dat?

Now its Badman,

IMO,ithink EPU was d best n it influenced many,the tracks were thoughtful,And i feel M.I took a clue frm dat album,Fellow nigerians and hands down in particular
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Genuflect(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2010
Rhymstein:

IMO,ithink EPU was d best n it influenced many,the tracks were thoughtful,And i feel M.I took a clue frm dat album,Fellow nigerians and hands down in particular
That album was just the shiiit!! Ogun Isoye ft. Nomoloss, Fukk I love that song!
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by medjai(m): 11:17am On Sep 08, 2010
I dont have EPU but Malcom IX is 5 mics material
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by dejahvu(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
Even without their hands in my toilet they're still feeling my shyt - Modo da greatest
Piss nko, if na MI talk am they go say the guy Lyrics no tight,

Da vinci mode should surpass EPU,cos i found it in houses i least expected
Where the houses dey? all na Mode nine guys,

Dont deceive urself im a neighbour to one Tjoes workers in Ajao Estate, Mode Nine albums no dey sell shit,
quoted by him, people are still buying MIs Album til now that im talking,
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by dejahvu(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2010
or rather now that im typing,
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Rhymstein(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2010
@dejavhu
He shld tel u how much unit it pushed n come tel us and noone is comparin sales here,

And sorry to say,most of them r m.i admirers,they ve neva bought a 9 material
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by baslone: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2010
Rhymstein:

@dejavhu
He shld tel u how much unit it pushed n come tel us and noone is comparin sales here,

And sorry to say, most of them r m.i admirers,they ve neva bought a 9 material

Of course why not, along with Naeto C and some others- They are
just the spark of reformation naija hip hop has been begging for!

Mind you I never said I'm not feeling his music well. In fact right now,
I have "Freestyle Session" and "Barb Wire" on Jahmix's tape on repeat.

Rhymstein:

@yoji
Sharap,do u knw how many years it tuk illmatic to go plat?

@topic
No need to argue[b],Malcolm ix:lost tapes i dont have it,tjoe made 5,000 copies,no be everybody get

This ppl come here n make it luk lyk mode sells a thousand of his albums

Pentium ix, 10,000 copies were initially produced n sold out,they produced 50,000 more

And then EPU,mode said sold over 100,000 first few months

Paradigm shift was d one dat didnt sell[/b]

Na you talk am, the street C.D vendors'll tell you how much of his CD's they sell!
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2010
tosinaded@:

Y una wan kil una sef na. . . . .

I thought sales and acceptance play a major role in this kind of topics!

i dey shame for you. Next thing you yourself "hip hop head".
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Mobinga: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
Leave sales jor. . . . Dat 1 no concern us. . . .
We talking dope ish mehn. . .
Mi's commercially better
but m9 is doper, and everything-cially better. . . .
Heck MI is commercially better than Giggs, but that dude is light years ahead of MI. . . .
Heck, who's heard Giggs spit?? Tri-Syllabic rhymes all through . . . . Dope

#^^^
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by tosinaded(m): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2010
babaearly:

i dey shame for you. Next thing you yourself "hip hop head".

mr oga face front abeg! Na by force to post?
Who u dey shame for?
OshiOda
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by dejahvu(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2010
Heck, who's heard Giggs spit?? Tri-Syllabic rhymes all through . . . . Dope
He should go and play Football, and score Tri-cycle goals or rather hat trick,
una think say to do Album easy, its not by spitting in the booth or for ur area, release it so the masses will hear you,
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by hectorswag(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2010
dejahvu:

He should go and play Football, and score Tri-cycle goals or rather hat trick,
una think say to do Album easy, its not by spitting in the booth or for your area, release it so the masses will hear you,

grin grin grin grin dat got me cracking hard! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by baslone: 4:36am On Sep 09, 2010
dejahvu:

una think say to do Album easy, its not by spitting in the booth or for your area, release it so the masses will hear you,

grin grin grin grin

sweetguy10:

Infact Modo is as good as NAS . Yeahhh !

Another One!!

. . . . but wait, why not Memphis Bleek? wink
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Ibime(m): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2010
Sales is more a function of marketing and distribution than talent.

Who really believes Chocolate City lies that Talk About It got 30000 downloads in the first 30 mins after release?

That being said, conceptually and production wise, Talk About It is the best Naija HH album and Illegal Music is even better though only a mixtape. Modey does not have the infrastructure of a Chocolate City or the production of a Jesse Jagz and this is wh
at he needs to rectify before we can call his album the greatest.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by baslone: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2010
Ibime:

Who really believes Chocolate City lies that Talk About It got 30000 downloads in the first 30 mins after release?

That being said, conceptually and production wise, Talk About It is the best Naija HH album and Illegal Music is even better though only a mixtape. Modey does not have the infrastructure of a Chocolate City or the production of a Jesse Jagz and this is wh
at he needs to rectify before we can call his album the greatest.

. . . and he has been around about 15years before dem dudes!! grin grin grin
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Rhymstein(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2010
I see nothing wrong wit his beats,if modo loves boom bap n soul beats.the producers handlin it r doin it well.v heard an old hiphop listener sayn d xyz produced muzik lives was d best in DVM

Kraft is not to be messed wit,if u got Sage has.son album,u go knw,it was lyk a soul beat battle btw kraft n jagz

Pentium ix had dope boom bap beats

EPU soul production wasnt gud?cobhams?

DVM had dat kidkonnect prod my life n kraft on we at it again

If u say,he needs a strong label lyk choc city,am 100percent behind u

But production wise,their kinda hiphop is way different n both r handlin it well

And mode's hiphop wan change so,Afroboombap (mixture of afrobeat,hilife) is on deck,u better be prepared.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Rhymstein(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2010
I see nothing wrong wit his beats,if modo loves boom bap n soul beats.the producers handlin it r doin it well.v heard an old hiphop listener sayn d xyz produced muzik lives was d best in DVM

Kraft is not to be messed wit,if u got Sage has.son album,u go knw,it was lyk a soul beat battle btw kraft n jagz

Pentium ix had dope boom bap beats

EPU soul production wasnt gud?cobhams?

DVM had dat kidkonnect prod my life n kraft on we at it again

If u say,he needs a strong label lyk choc city,am 100percent behind u

But production wise,their kinda hiphop is way different n both r handlin it well

And mode's hiphop wan change so,Afroboombap (mixture of afrobeat,hilife) is on deck,u better be prepared.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by hectorswag(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2010
everybody's got dey own opinion on these things, there a measure of truth in every comment so far sha wink
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by eldee(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2010
Ibime:

Nah . . . not entirely, forget distribution, what of self-packaging, charisma, and the delivery, isn't that talent too??
Isn't it the same company that marketed Jesse Jags that marketed M.I??
Infact Jesse prolly had bigger marketing than M.I.

Some people just can't sell.

Ibime:

Aiite forget Talk About It that came after a tour of about five African countries, what of Illegal Music??
Why is it the most downloaded mixtape in the history of Nigerian Music?? And let's not count the smaller places like esnips and all that.
Empirical figures, check views on notjustok.com.

M.I is sales magnet . . . he'd be doing country music numbers if we had Billboard.

Ibime:
That being said, conceptually and production wise, Talk About It is the best Naija HH album and Illegal Music is even better though only a mixtape. Modey does not have the infrastructure of a Chocolate City or the production of a Jesse Jagz and this is what he needs to rectify before we can call his album the greatest.

At the end of the day, Modenine still personifies the inability to sound good.
Even when he's flosses, Terry Tha Rapman still sounds better. . . you can't call yourself the greatest if you fail on that half of hiphop.

And in my own opinion, the only difference between a rapper and a Shihan is that ability to say words in a way that people will say 'wow' without even picking out the lyrics.
Yeah, he might be peach on Nairaland, but that's just on paper where you can put punchlines in bold fonts. . .

We know it, he knows it . . . hence that attempt in Badman.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Mobinga: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2010
Canibus joined the army coz of people like ya'll :\
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by hectorswag(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2010
Mobinga:

tongue
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Ibime(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2010
Eldee, don't tell me ya gullible enough to believe the 30000 downloads in 30 mins thingy, that's classic marketing ploy to give you a symmetrical number to remember, 30000 in 30 mins, 40000 in 40 mins, 240000 in 24hrs, hehehehe, GTFOH,
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ Rhymstein,

Production is not just about making beats. Its about the whole recording process. Look at how Jesse Jagz varies MIs voices on the Da Grin tribute, or the sonic shifts in General Pypes voice on Pype Teaser, or the sonic resonance of the chorus on "Money slow to enter"

Jesse Jagz got the whole blend right. Production wise, whoevers producing for Mode needs to get more involved in the process beyond supplying a dope beat. Songs like Cry and Badman had better production input.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by chrisical(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
@topic
A close call between Rugged's THY ALBUM COME and E'PLURIBUS UNUM aka EPL cool
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by eldee(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ibime:

Eldee, don't tell me ya gullible enough to believe the 30000 downloads in 30 mins thingy, that's classic marketing ploy to give you a symmetrical number to remember, 30000 in 30 mins, 40000 in 40 mins, 240000 in 24hrs, hehehehe, GTFOH,

I can't prove that part, but we both cannot deny the fact that Talk About It is the best selling Nigerian rap album ever . . . or at least only second to Eedris.
Then going past that, M.I's marketability is proven in the number of downloads of his mixtape . . .
Ibime:

@ Rhymstein,

Production is not just about making beats. Its about the whole recording process. Look at how Jesse Jagz varies MIs voices on the Da Grin tribute, or the sonic shifts in General Pypes voice on Pype Teaser, or the sonic resonance of the chorus on "Money slow to enter"

Jesse Jagz got the whole blend right. Production wise, whoevers producing for Mode needs to get more involved in the process beyond supplying a dope beat. Songs like Cry and Badman had better production input.

You seem to forget that M.I is a producer himself, he has an ear for good music. . . even when he changes flows in songs, producers don't help you do that.
Modenine doesn't have an ear for these things, he's just not good at it . . . he's good at what he does though, bt what he does won't make him the best in Nigeria.
M.I is good at Modenine's sphere and untouchable in his . . . that's near perfection, the best thing Nigeria has to offer.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by dejahvu(m): 12:02am On Sep 10, 2010
Na lie, He joined the Army cos there is no hope for him,
Mode Nine will soon join LASTMA,
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by semid4lyfe(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2010
Naija Rap Album of the Decade has to be between[i] Malcolm IX: The Lost Sessions[/i] and E Plurubus Unum.

The creativity and depth of knowledge exhibited in tracks like contradiction, it's a goal, Africa, cry, Ogun Isoye on EPU and in elbow room, you can't bleep wit dis, 2 shotz from a nine, head, 419 state of mind Part two, 150 Barz, freestyle session etc in the Malcolm IX: The Lost Session album is 2nd to none.

My top 5 Naija rap albums of the Decade will be
1. E Plurubus Unum - MODENINE
2. Malcolm IX: The Lost Sessions - MODENINE
3. C.E.O - DAGRIN
4. The Definition - DJ JIMMY JATT
5. Talk About IT - MI

Just my 2 kobo. . .don't hateĀ  tongue grin
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Naija Rap Album of the Decade has to be between[i] Malcolm IX: The Lost Sessions[/i] and E Plurubus Unum.

E plurubus wasnt that great, lets agree.
Re: The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix by Genuflect(m): 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
babaearly:

E plurubus wasnt that great, lets agree.
E BE LIKE SAY IM DEY MAFT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download New Music: Sarkodie Ft. Flavour - Ur Waist / Download Album: Justin Bieber - JUSTICE [zip File] / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.