Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38860 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
eminem is an enigma, something of a shape shifter, a constructor of elaborately self-referential personas whose penchant for self-exploration can often take the form of snide, self-consciously juvenile lyrical play, bracingly bitter tirades or ice grilled hip-hop classicism.

when he dropped this single "Rap God" off his new album(MMLP-2) some few weeks ago, he finally confirmed his status as the modern shakespeare of hip-hop. the incisive lyricism, delivery & the technique displayed throughout hasn't been seen yet in the entire hip-hop industry. is he really the rap god?

just sit back & enjoy this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

16 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by onila(f): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
tupac

21 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by kliq(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
onila: tupac

cool
2pac(G.O.A.T)

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
u
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
in Dre's voice HELL YEAH!.
some people doen there are mentioning ,lil wayne, rick ross, drake in the same vein as eminem?? ! WTF! nas, jayz, rakim, tecn9 are acceptable comparisms but drake?!! lol..he wouldnt last 5minutes in a gang war

12 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Eneze1(f): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
IMO he is

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Adesam09(m): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ok
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
An emphatic YES
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nasri100(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
" Why be a king when you can be a god " cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Tbillz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
G. O. A. T........ greatest of all time!!! #oga shift

4 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by pappilo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
The dude is a legend. One of my best top 10 best rappers of all time. He takes rappers on a road trip with his fast bars and sharp lyrics that cuts through all kinda genre. He's a shape-shifter, capable of coping and blending in many genre of music.

However he's not a RAP GOD, but he's lyrical GOD and benchmark for these wack àss boring kids like 2chainz and co to learn from. On a Good day, he's as dópe as dópe could get but he's not a RAP GOD

Still got mad respect for him cool.. He blends comical punclines like JUST LOOSE IT, with emotional cool vibe rap that brings out the emotional part of me like BEAUTIFUL, STAN, NOW THAT I'M GONE, SORRY MAMA, SING FOR THE MOMENT, NO LOVE and co to fast raps that you have to pause and listen well to get its deep rooted meaning. One of the greatest rappers dead or alive, who's seen it all, started from the ghetto to the TOP. cool

12 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DopestepTJ(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yup. Some people don't like Eminem just because of his skin colour (it helped him though but he's d0pe) and they say he's too mainstream. I see no Emcee near Eminem lyrically.
Eminem - Rapgod

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".
this is racism in disguise

9 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by mickyarams: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will have to say he's one of the best out there, I think Bone thugs are the best. I love Eminem's comical lyrics and rhymes, the guy is just brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by 2NDACCT(f): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
VECTOR IS RAP GOD

9 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by speeder(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
A funny thing happened on the way to my potential.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by 01mcfadden(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
If kendrick should hear this...then you are in trouble!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Mikkyhandy(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hmm....speechless...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
For caucasians who are not hip-hop heads he is. and seeing as caucasians who are not hip-hop heads form the majority of buying power of music, then yes he sells the most records. based on that yes he is. however his music sucks and true hip hop heads both white and black cant stomach his music. yeah the first coupla albums were cool but its gone downhill

4 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
It's a fatal mistake if you think I need to
be overseas / And take a vacation to trip
abroad

Nice play on words here. A “trip abroad” is a
journey to a foreign country. But Em doesn’t
have to go on vacation to “trip a broad” (as in
actually making a female trip and fall for him)

^^^^was it his skin color that gave him this ability??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by vizboy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
yeah eminem,my favourite rapper
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
obadiah777: For caucasians who are not hip-hop heads he is
forget that shiyte..
its funny considering all the so called good rappers all hail him. listen to his lyrics without the bias you already have about his skin color. eminem is drugs

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
He's the greatest of all time. #rapgod

" They said I rap like a robot, so call me rapbot, But for me to rap like a computer must be in my genes, I got a laptop in my back pocket School flunky....pill junky/but look at the accolades these brung me, full of myself but still hungry..."

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
No

Team OUTLAWz ( 2Pac, Kastro, Khadafi, Napoleon, EDI, Hussein )

They are the rap gods ! #hitemup

7 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fruityjojo(f): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
I take offence to dat god in capital letter! 2 me, Eminem is d best rapper alive! Himself & his alter ego slim shady cheesy
Am bk & I can't belive d lubbish peeps are saying! Comparing Eminem with rozay,drake,lil wayne wat!
Eminem is first lead artist since The Beatles to
have four singles score in the Top 20 of the Billboard Hot
100 charts!.
Eminem is the only rapper to have two diamond-certified albums!.
Eminem is the first artist in Nielsen
SoundScan history to have a two year-end best-selling
albums.
Eminem Recovery is the best-selling digital album in
history!. HISTORY!!!
Eminem doesn't just singg trash or abt selling drugs & slapping big asse$. As fast as his rap u can actually hear & understand d concept, pain, love & struggle behind each single! Mehnn I love Eminem & of cause 2pac grin!
U guys dnt break my heart with all dis nonsense post!

15 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by theripper3: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nas.

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Sheila221(f): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2013

nafather:

u

meaning?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Bizibi(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
He is more than a rap god ,he is a product of other rap gods who were in deir prime,yes he is the present rap god
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by AbuMikey(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2013

Eminem is the greatest and best Rapper Alive!!!

But, 2pac Amaru Shakur is the rap god!

9 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lols..he is good..bt I'll still pick 50cent ahead..nevertheless..to those mentioning 2pac on this thread..pleassse stop..no 1 shld b compared to PAC..pac isn't jst a rapper, you need to have a BIG spirit to trully understand and appreciate the perspective of PAC's life

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.