Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Do I Set Web Push-notifications For My Website? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Set Web Push-notifications For My Website? (320 Views)

10th National Assembly Lawmakers Push For 32 New Federal Higher Institutions / Latest Notifications For Government Jobs On Indiasarkarinaukri.com / Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Set Web Push-notifications For My Website? by MarryAnn854: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2019
Web Push notifications are the alerts or short messages that you will send through the web or mobile browsers. By using these web push notifications your users won’t miss any update from you. It helps in sending Real-time notifications whether the user is on the website or not.

How to set Personalized Web Push Notifications:

Prerequisites:

* Website with secured SSL (Https) to handle the web push notifications.
* Installation of a couple of files into their websites like Javascript snippet or push worker.js.
* If you are executing “soft ask” then, development of soft ask UI is required.
* Server or AWS account
* Then you need to register your account with FCM(Firebase cloud messaging).

After that, you need to login to your account and create a droplet, Once the droplet is created you need to login into it by opening your Terminal/Command prompt and typing in the following command. You can find your droplet’s IP address at the top of the Droplet screen.

[center]ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa root@<username>[/center]

Here you can also create the additional user and give admin access so that it will help to provide more security to your account.
Then you need to instal all the software which are required for the functioning of the tool.

* Install Apache as a web server
* Install MySQL which is the DBMS for the database.
* Install PHP and configure it.

At last, You need to add your domain to your droplet so that you can run your push notification software under that domain. After setting up your domain you need to go to Firebase and click[b] “Add firebase to your web APP”.[/b]

Thus, You have successfully setup Personalized web push notifications to your website. Now, you can go to your dashboard and manage it.

* You can see How many domains are added.
* How many notifications are sent?
* How many subscribers are added?
* How many RSS feed links added? etc..,

When the user subscribes for the push notification the details are stored and you can access them through the dashboard and send the notifications to your subscribers.

Features of Personalized web push notifications:
* You can schedule the push notifications at a specific time
* Segment and target the group of users and send relevant messages
* You can add images to your notifications which increases user engagement.
* Sends push notifications that expire after a set time.

You can also approach the Push Notifications service provider and set up personalized push notifications for your website to increase user engagement.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Factors, Which Influence Effective Writing? / Graph Of Inequality / Anywhere I Can Get Education Loan In The Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.