Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) (7911 Views)

The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry. / Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Eemeekaa(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
How much difference are there between (pure and industrial chemistry) and chemical engineering.Where are they expected to be working respectively.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Samystyler: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2010
They re nt d same o! Chemical takes courses from faculty of engineering yl ICH takes courses 4rm d sciences!
Chemical works every yl ICH ar limited 2 d lab. For instance dey cnt refine bt dey can analyse bt chemical eng. Can do all!
moreovr ICH cant be COREN regstrd yl chemical eng. Can do so!
Go 4 chemical.
Samystyler dpt of che. OAU
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2010
@samy, and Chemistry in its purity? Cletus,dpt chemistry OAU
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Kadata(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2010
Let's be frank. How many chemical industries do we have in Naija where you expect to work as a chemist? None! < I stand corrected if any>. Most chemists are limited to Universities where they lecture. Abi I lie?

Now a chemical engineer has more prospects. If he has a tite cgpa, he may likely work for a multinational.
A chemical engineer can easily upgrade his first degree without necessary going to postgraduate.
I quite agree with @Sammy up there too.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Eemeekaa(m): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2010
@kadata,do u mean that apart from lecturing, a pure and industrial chemist is disposed to sitting at home or parabulating the street of lagos,ph or Abj with bunch of files looking for some kind of work.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Kadata(m): 1:56am On Sep 06, 2010
Not exactly. But an Industrial Chemist has better career prospects than a pure/analytical chemist.
-Airports
-Fire Service
etc are likely places that may require Ind. Chemists.
Aside from that tho' , you might be lucky elsewhere. Nobody knows.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Eemeekaa(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2010
Pls any (pure and industrial chemist) or chemical engineer in the house?,pls what kind of job are u doing now so we can know the kind of job they do.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Kadata(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2010
What exactly are you looking for? Job prospects or Job specifications of Chemical engrs /chemists?
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Eemeekaa(m): 10:49am On Sep 06, 2010
I am looking 4 everything,remember the topic was not restricted to just the difference in terms of what they are being taught in the lecture hall,i mean the difference so it can also go outside the lecture shores into their individual job prospect.So once again any p n i chemist/chemical engineer in the house?
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Kadata(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2010
@Eemeeka
I think Wikipedia can help.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Eemeekaa(m): 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2010
@kadata thanks 4 ur contributions,i appreciate it.But i still need ppl who studied chemical engineering or p n i chemistry to comment on this thread.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Kadata(m): 1:03am On Sep 07, 2010
Have u checked d Career Section yet?
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2010
Chemical engineering deals wit d design of industrial plants and factories, they help in the smooth running of industrial processes, chemists and industrial chemists birth d ideas bt chem Engrs. produce and comercialize it, They bt work hand in hand in sum factories like paint,cement,food processing factories, Chemist analyses products.they undastand chemical compositions of such products, Chem Engr do bt they ar more concern in producin them en masse, Chem Engr cn work in d Refinery,factories,breverage and brewery industries etc as process control Engineer, chemists work there too bt as analysts,
        Chem Engr Dept,Better far Uni;Unilorin.

1 Like

Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Samystyler pls send ur numb to my mail vickipad@yahoo.ca i nid ur assistance.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by elmobaba: 12:06am On Mar 16, 2012
I wunt say much..Am a chem engr..d main diff btw both is d ability to design by a chemical engr....
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by Godbest(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
Am an industrial chemist to me the difference is that chemical engineering deal with too many ,complex mathematic,and chemical calculation and also the designing of chemical plant building chart of plant the flow chart and building of chemical machine
while industrial chemistry deal with the chemical control assurance and the quality assurance and also the mechanism in production BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS CHEMISTRY
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by SunnyChus(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2012
Coulson and Richardson’s CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Solutions to the Problems in Chemical Engineering Volume 1- N200
Solutions to the Problems in Chemical Engineering Volume 2- N200
Call or emailto; 0801818693837 or autobeachng@gmail.com.
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by jpphilips(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2013
Kadata: Not exactly. But an Industrial Chemist has better career prospects than a pure/analytical chemist.
-Airports
-Fire Service
etc are likely places that may require Ind. Chemists.
Aside from that tho' , you might be lucky elsewhere. Nobody knows.

what position will an industrial chemist occupy in the fire dept?
Re: Difference Btw Chemical Engineering And (pure And Industrial Chemistry) by engrflames: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2013
A chemical engr is distinct frm a chemist in dat, while a chemist discovers & makes chemical products in small quantities (in grammes) on laboratory benches, the chemical engr discovets products n makes them in large quantities (several tonnes) in a large chemical plant that he designed n built himself

(1) (Reply)

UK Education Scam / Hurray, OAU-Ife Admission List Released Today / Improving Nigeria's Basic Education System........ My Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.