Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng (34093 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by midnighter(f): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
FrancisAdl:
Most of the points you mentioned are completely frivolous. All these would not matter 10 years after school. One major advantage of going to Private School is the quality of people you would meet and that outweighs all the benefits. Most of my peers already secured good-paying jobs and businesses right before graduation.
Two things would define your altitude as a human being, that's your DNA and your environment. The things you consider a bragging right or an achievement counts as nothing in an private school environment where you have kids with parents earning millions of dollars.
I remember making 400k per month in my 300 level and it felt like nothing because of the environment and people I was exposed to. That alone shaped my thinking to stay quiet and do more. Yes there's a lot of exposure that can be gained from going to Federal schools but the quality is all that matters.

your experience is similar to people attending prestigious private schools in the US, like Harvard

The competition is good for some people because it makes them work harder. Some people cant handle it though

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by midnighter(f): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
Darevofpeace:
Your analytical mind is beautiful, I love intelligent women who put fire on my toes.It's so nice chatting here with you.

Lol thank you. And you too

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
op eh... Forget those lightweight reasons you mentioned up there..

If you are street guy from the start , wether private or public you will still be ''streetly'' smart

i attended a public school from secondary to tertiary ... But i would hv appreciated it more if i had attended a private uni (maybe convenant uni for make oo)

2 Likes

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Dopefiend(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
midnighter:

Lol thank you. And you too

Ona don finish? angry

Op very silly points.

I’m sure you wished you went to a private school

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by blazer2018: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
U won use picture, na Madonna University pic u go use...That one too nah private varsity, with all their dilapidated structures? grin grin grin
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by godswilld: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
who go better go better
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by amaniro: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
I disagree with you OP. I'm sure you went to a public Uni that's why you're talking like this. I find this post disgusting. Only poor man go say beer bitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by tommysin16(f): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
For your information. Every school public or private has its disadvantages. I perceive envy, what is ur business between private and public. If u have the money, go to private if not find ur level. Everytime u would be bringing up topics dat won't benefit somebody. There are better topics that can be discussed. Las Las private students get better job opportunities, streetwise or not��. And stop spreading rumors that private students pay for their results, when u re not sure of something, please keep quiet. ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by tommysin16(f): 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
For your information, how can lecturers be harassing students for grades especially the female ones, asking them for sex. I guess this is ur definition of being street wise. It's a pity that after the stress public University student go through, most of them will still end up without jobs, Every school, public or private has its disadvantages. I perceive envy, what is ur business between private and public. If u have the money, go to private if not find ur level. Everytime u would be bringing up topics dat won't benefit somebody. There are better topics that can be discussed. Las Las private students get better job opportunities, streetwise or not��. And stop spreading rumors that private students pay for their results, when u re not sure of something, please keep quiet. ��� Low-key you wish u went to a private school probably like Covenant University. ��� Bad Belle.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Kendrick80(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
Imo I'll go for private university any day...me we go pubs I dey use 1 eye dey reason dem.
Also for connects which may lead to jobs or contract.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by amaniro: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
BETPAWA:
There is no disadvantage whatsoever; it is poverty of the mind that makes us deduce such utterances. Nothing is good as having a lot of money to afford what you wish and want.

Exactly my point. There's a saying that Poor man thinks beer us bitter. I remember chatting with one of my friend. He said he hates Automatic cars, I laughed at him that its because he doesn't have the money to get one. He confirmed it to me later grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by olamy7(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2019
Pavore9:
Hmm......are the dilapidated structures which is more prevalent in public universities also part of the advantages?

There is no heroism in "sufferhead"!
mumu...is it structures that u want to eat ?
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by midnighter(f): 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
Dopefiend:

Ona don finish? angry

Op very silly points.

I’m sure you wished you went to a private school

Lol you should be frowning for OP, not me!
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Arrahman39: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
prejudice points of view...
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by sucklo(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
Peejayx01:
I concur with all of this and they are all facts about the private schools. Firms and institutions these days prefer to employ the services of a public or federal university graduate all because they believe that they go through rigorous academic experiences

I rep Unilorin.... they can frustrate your life. All these has really made me wise.

Better by far.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Dewisedick: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
The writer of this article should check out one good government school in Nigeria before writing this. Stupid article. They tell you say na so them dry make name.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2019
bugggg:
Any small jungling na suspension or expulsion demma guys chop like 2 suspension for bowen that year unto weekend flexin, expelled some cos dem dey take poly for premises.

Meanwhile 4 lautech, pikin go turn
Yahoo boy.
Ritualist.
Girls dem na osho.
Cultism no to much cos boys dey moneyminded, even those cult boys don migrate go yahoo and rituals, dem no just dey kill themselves anyhow na 4 nest (club) dem dey use money tackle each other.
E reach level wey if dem give u admission u go don dey work hard to buy car before resumption, cos apart from jamb, ssce and all car dey part of requirement.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by JezCalMeJay(m): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
nwafada123:
schooltalk.com.ng

While there are some Nigerian guys who are actually excited about the idea of attending a private university after their secondary schools, there are even more than thrice the number who don’t wish to, especially those who come from well-to-do families whose parents are always intoxicated with the proposed or assumed good morals and high quality of education their children will benefit from these private institutions.

Not to lie or hide it, private universities do have some good advantages like the absense of the very familiar strike in the federal and state universities and the quicker and better access to lectures but honestly that’s all they can boast of. Forget their forming and poshy lifestyles. Many of them wish they were in federal and public universities. Lol.

I had an encounter with a girl from Madonna university and she confirmed she wished she was in Imo State University as her school was worse than a nursery school in the ways they were being treated.

Going to a federal or state university gives you the exposure you need in life and not being confined like someone in a prison or a food warming in the microwave. You learn the ethics and orientations of the real world and you are braced to face life because you have seen it all.

You gain wisdom outside the school lecture halls and your system becomes automatically adapted to the real life hustles and struggles unlike some over pampered babies in the private institutions who can’t face the real world when they graduate.

Graduating from a public institution gives you a psychological balance and charges your mental ability to scale through difficult times.

Enough of the talk. Let’s roll straight to the point. Here are six reasons private universities don’t suit a typical Nigerian in this our kind of bad economy and government no matter how rich your parents are. C’mon, forget the money, you need to experience life in the public institutions and your life will never remain the same.

Freedom and Independence: You don’t wanna be confined in a place like a baby or someone in prison or a food warming in a microwave. You need space, you need freedom, you need to explore more, you need to move out and experience some things. Unfortunately, going to private universities, especially those owned by the churches won’t help you achieve this and I know deep down your heart, you wouldn’t like this to be your case. You also need to wear that favorite dress you like and you can only do this in a public university. In private universities, you live the normal routine of a bank staff – everyday corporate. Lol.

Cost of Education: Private universities pay exorbitant school fees as if they even learn anything. What has a student from a private university in Nigeria invented or accomplished after all the school fees? Not just about fees, cost of living in private universities are way too high unlike in the public universities where you can cook your own food, go to the market and buy foodstuffs at cheaper prices. Don’t you think you are too old to be fed like a baby in the private university?

Exposure: In a public university, you literally meet life and life meets you. You see it all. But in a private university, you graduate and still haven’t met a quarter of life let alone life meeting you.

Life on and off campus is everything: Like it sounds, it’s just it. Campus life is sweet – on and off it. That’s the kind of fun you will only experience in a public university. No wonder when students in private universities are on break, they want to do all the bad things and have all the fun at once before going back to school. They know they are in prisons and not school. Lol.

Maturity: When you graduate from a public university, you automatically become an adult because the school system has shaped you to be. But when you graduate from a private university, you start life afresh like a new born baby.

Hard Work: Public university will teach you that hard work is compulsory and you will see it with your two eyes. Students in privates schools are still being pampered like nursery school students.

Read more here:

https://schooltalk.com.ng/6-disadvantages-of-going-to-a-private-university/

After All Said and done....

Whoever will have sense will have sense irrespective of which university one attends...

and mr/ mrs Op stop all these archaic thinking of comparing. .

I'm sure if you were to have graduated from a private school..you would know more than this or probably be defending the private school now...

BTW.. you just typed from one angle of experience and that's from the gov't owned institution. .

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by octavian(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
Loll bros maybe we should ask the founder of paystack what he thinks because he is a product of Private university. You guys overate this nonsense of private uni this and that, but have you seen what graduates from Covenant Uni are setting up for business, while you are here giving archaic and myopic view of Private unis, no stop oo continue

3 Likes

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by JezCalMeJay(m): 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
grin ;Dlet him continue comparing and getting angry over dress code and maturity..whereas this is what you will end up forcing yourself to learn..I can imagine someone not used to corporate going to an office. Maybe you'd wear the almighty jeans
octavian:
Loll bros maybe we should ask the founder of paystack what he thinks because he is a product of Private university. You guys overate this nonsense of private uni this and that, but have you seen what graduates from Covenant Uni are setting up for business, while you are here giving archaic and myopic view of Private unis, no stop oo continue
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Kingsean(m): 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
This doesn't make sense. Why are Nigerians like this? Why must u celebrate the hard life? Just becos its harder in public schools in nigeria, u think dats d best? Just in case u don't know, nigeria govt abandoned public schools dats y tins are hard like dat. Have u ever wondered why employers prefer foreign students? Cos d mentality here is bad. U can't blame private universities for closing their walls, u want cultism there too? If u had a private business, would u allow people meddle in anyhow? Have u asked why d top politicians send their wards to foreign and private institutions? Stop being jealous bro. Employers are looking at private school graduates now cos dey fit in better to corporate organizations. Take a look at Government offices, so mismanaged with lots of lazy workers then look at private firms, always developing at a fast pace. Don't be a hater. Just concentrate on d way forward and thank God for those who their parents were able to sacrifice much cash for d quality education. One day u might be a millionaire and send ur children to a great private university...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by vroy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
bugggg:
Any small jungling na suspension or expulsion demma guys chop like 2 suspension for bowen that year unto weekend flexin, expelled some cos dem dey take poly for premises.

Meanwhile 4 lautech, pikin go turn
Yahoo boy.
Ritualist.
Girls dem na osho.
Cultism no to much cos boys dey moneyminded, even those cult boys don migrate go yahoo and rituals, dem no just dey kill themselves anyhow na 4 nest (club) dem dey use money tackle each other.
E reach level wey if dem give u admission u go don dey work hard to buy car before resumption, cos apart from jamb, ssce and all car dey part of requirement.
Ova leave ladokite alone ooo
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by JezCalMeJay(m): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kingsean:
This doesn't make sense. Why are Nigerians like this? Why must u celebrate the hard life? Just becos its harder in public schools in nigeria, u think dats d best? Just in case u don't know, nigeria govt abandoned public schools dats y tins are hard like dat. Have u ever wondered why employers prefer foreign students? Cos d mentality here is bad. U can't blame private universities for closing their walls, u want cultism there too? If u had a private business, would u allow people meddle in anyhow? Have u asked why d top politicians send their wards to foreign and private institutions? Stop being jealous bro. Employers are looking at private school graduates now cos dey fit in better to corporate organizations. Take a look at Government offices, so mismanaged with lots of lazy workers then look at private firms, always developing at a fast pace. Don't be a hater. Just concentrate on d way forward and thank God for those who their parents were able to sacrifice much cash for d quality education. One day u might be a millionaire and send ur children to a great private university...

Suffer head na norms for Naija grin grin grin don't mind him

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Auladimeji2: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
godblessenugu042:
op eh... Forget those lightweight reasons you mentioned up there..

If you are street guy from the start , wether private or public you will still be ''streetly'' smart

i attended a public school from secondary to tertiary ... But i would hv appreciated it more if i had attended a private uni (maybe convenant uni for make oo)
I attended Public schools in my primary and secondary school level but Private institution but the street wise still dey my body,Majorities of my friends are ajebota but I dey tell them say make dem wise up
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
Peejayx01:
I concur with all of this and they are all facts about the private schools. Firms and institutions these days prefer to employ the services of a public or federal university graduate all because they believe that they go through rigorous academic experiences

I rep Unilorin.... they can frustrate your life. All these has really made me wise.

This is to some extent a lie...check this out...

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by amokeme(f): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
Lol one day, you people will explain the issue you have with private university really.
You decide to attend a public school.., completely YOUR choice. Leave people alone with their decisions.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
ugbedeojo1993:
As am employer of labour, i will NEVER employ a graduate from a private university. because is only in private university u see the number of First Class student greater than the number of those with second class upper, and those with second class upper greater than those with second class lower. third class degree is only reserve for those who are struggling to spell there name (thats if there is any)

Sir...This is a blatant lie..In private schools, especially church owned like ;Bowen, covenant etc...You get the grade you work for...Lecturers are rich e.g a H.O.D in a public university can be a normal lecturer in a private school...Professors whose name pop up on google in relation to ground breaking scientific publications are predominant in the school...Most if not all are overly religious(in other words 'Born again')...so u can't bribe them or buy question paper as seen in public schools... Cos 1, they are always trying to show they are holier than Mary and 2; They don't need your money...because they are well to do.3;School regulations are doesn't permit such and...in private schools laws actually work not as seen in public school...So you get what you worked for...

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
Auladimeji2:
I attended Public schools in my primary and secondary school level but Private institution but the street wise still dey my body,Majorities of my friends are ajebota but I dey tell them say make dem wise up
that what am saying .... Streatness depends on environment and association at home while growing and more importantly personal 'open eye'... you can be in a ruged street or school and still be ajebo
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
amaniro:

Exactly my point. There's a saying that Poor man thinks beer us bitter. I remember chatting with one of my friend. He said he hates Automatic cars, I laughed at him that its because he doesn't have the money to get one. He confirmed it to me later grin

Lmao.

Men, I myself isn't a rich dude but; truth must be told.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by amaniro: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
BETPAWA:

Lmao.

Men, I myself isn't a rich dude but; truth must be told.

Neither am I. I don't know the hatred they have for private universities. To me they are doing excellent.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by bizhop01: 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
Unilag & Uniben students no go gree
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Going To A Private University - Schooltalk.com.ng by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
amaniro:

Neither am I. I don't know the hatred they have for private universities. To me they are doing excellent.

Worst of the scenario.
Public university lecturers will frustrate life outta students, make them less of humans. They make them fee less of serious students.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omolei Pelumi Ighoya: WAEC Result Of A Lagos Public Secondary School Student / Medical Students Dabbing In School (Photos) / Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.