Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger (18193 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by fabinfos(f): 9:12am On Mar 21, 2019
Diamond Bank Plc. (“Diamond Bank”) announces that the Federal High Court of Nigeria has on March 19, 2019 sanctioned the Scheme of Merger pursuant to which Access Bank Plc will acquire the entire issued share capital of Diamond Bank through a cash and share exchange (the “Merger”).

All conditions to the Merger, including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory approvals have been satisfied and the Scheme is now effective.

The Scheme record time was 6.00 p.m. (Nigerian time) on 19 March 2019, and no transfers of Diamond Bank shares is expected after this time.

Trading in the shares of Diamond Bank has been suspended on The Nigerian Stock Exchange effective March 20, 2019.

Diamond Bank further announces that the Directors hereby seize to be Directors of the dissolved Diamond Bank Plc effective March 19, 2019.

The Merger is expected to be completed on 1 April 2019. Full details of the Merger, including the terms and conditions of the Scheme and the Merger, are set out in the Scheme Document dated 24 January 2019.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/court-sanctions-access-bank-diamond-bank-merger/

1 Like

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by hisexcellency34: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2019
It's more of acquisition than merger. Access Bank shares is a hot cake now. Will trade at N12 by next week

9 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by theoldpretender(m): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2019
Good...am thinking of opening an akant with Access.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by YorubaBigot: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2019
Meaning what?

4 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Apple2: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2019
Some people wl lose dia job sef sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Etogist: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2019
Truly no Bank is too big to fail.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by lilfreezy: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2019
The country is a kill joy grin
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by veeluv2015(f): 9:33am On Mar 21, 2019
theoldpretender:

Biko wait till d merge is over. They've been f**king up big time lately
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by jericco1(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2019
some people dey fear.
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by unite4real: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019
so whats the new name
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by eben1marketer: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019
Chai...diamond bank! What will happen to our accounts with dbank now?

1 Like

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Ugosample(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
It's more of acquisition than merger. Access Bank shares is a hot cake now. Will trade at N12 by next week

highly unlikely

An upswing, yes

But double the price in one week?

Unlikely

2 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Eprolist: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019
Wow
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by bugggg: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by OboOlora(f): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by ainas247: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2019
Why, someone should educate me why the sanction?

I will do keyword research and rank your business on Google
check my profile

2 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Onyinye15(f): 9:40am On Mar 21, 2019
Diamond Bank further announces that the Directors hereby seize to be Directors of the dissolved Diamond Bank Plc effective March 19, 2019.

Guys its my birthday! kiss

5 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2019
Diacmond Bank or Accmond Bank.

Let the Name merger begin........ wink

3 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2019
Thank God grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Topmaike007(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2019
What made me like this merger is that the two banks are igbo banks...I will follow daimond to Access

3 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Truefaith: 9:41am On Mar 21, 2019
The God of the universe warns against observing times in the following verse of the Bible:

Leviticus 19:26
Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Mr William Kumuyi teaches people to observe midnight as the time when miracles should be expected in his sermon in the following article:

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/william-kumuyi-teacher-of-falsehood/

Between the Author of the Bible and Mr Kumuyi, who do you think we should believe?

Pentecostalism is witchcraft. The best of the Pentecostals is still a witch.

1 Like

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by TwoBottles: 9:41am On Mar 21, 2019
Diamond Bank messed up big time. From one of the best to nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by HopeAtHand: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2019
I am reading Merger, I am comprehending Acquisition. Is my brain OK? cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by tstx(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2019
I Thought everything was legal
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2019
theoldpretender:

don't open your death warranty ooo . i beg u grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by luluosas(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2019
I think it is rather an acquisition other than ordinary merger. Events in the coming days will tell

6 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by omoadeleye(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2019
I don't know why they always say merger, when the other bank is taking over the other bank, is that not an acquisition? And if is not an acquisition how come the managers of the existing bank will seized to be managers after the other bank takes over?

3 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by hisexcellency34: 9:47am On Mar 21, 2019
Come and see panic at Diamondbank offices now

6 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by uchelouis45(m): 9:47am On Mar 21, 2019
Topmaike007:
What made me like this merger is that the two banks are igbo banks...I will follow daimond to Access
Access is not Igbo, well the current M.D is but the founder isn't.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger by WIDETHOUGHT: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2019
IT'S REALLY A GREAT NEWS TO ME; DIAMOND BANK WAY FRUSTRATE ME 2016

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN / Setting Up Automatic Car Wash I.e. Car Washing Machine / 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.