Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Habits, Commitments And Motivation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Habits, Commitments And Motivation (249 Views)

What Are Those Bad Habits Or Things You See People Do?(discussion Thread) / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 / 17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Habits, Commitments And Motivation by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019

Hello, good to be on board again. This time, bringing to you a piece I can personally called three musketeers.

According to Merriam Webster dictionary, COMMITMENT is a promise to do or give something; HABIT is a usual way of behaving: something that a person does often in a regular and repeated way; and MOTIVATION is the act or process of giving someone a reason for doing something.

As we can see that the triad are sort of related. However there is a varying degrees to which these terms are exemplified in real life situation. One can help us to maintain good life style, another to meet a target set and the other, the last resort in doing something. I will therefore analyse them giving scenarios that are relatable.

HABIT as defined above is part of our daily affairs. These are things that we are naturally programmed to do except in rare occasions, this can also be from what our culture, faith, our likes amongst others that have been drilled into us. These sets of things, we do them spontaneously except when nature denies or we prefer to be lazy.

For instance instance, waking up every morning to brush your teeth, take your bath (this may not follow a stereotyped pattern) and for me, being a Muslim, I'll go to the mosque to pray as early as 6AM in the morning as well as for other periods of the day. I can take my breakfast later and settle for other activities for the day. Some of our daily routines are actually our habits because they are part of us. We do them with ease without thinking twice or been disturbed to do them except in rare occasions. Can you think of some of these things now as you read through?

COMMITMENT from the other end may not necessarily be a daily routine. However, being committed to something depends on the frequency and duration which can later make it upgraded to become an habit.

For instance, wanting to read every now and then as a medical student needs a level of commitment and consistency is what can make it an habit. Wanting to write for my blog as well as my other social platforms, making an impactful video amongst others requires a level of commitment like say three times in two weeks or any other schedule that fits. Just like you may decide to only take chocolate once a week, exercise at least every weekend amongst, watch movies only at leisures amongst others.

Like I explained earlier, there is a connection between habit and Commitment. A commitment can upgrade to become an habit like flipping through our phones every now and then. Just like some bad habits can be stopped by being Commited to them as well, like smoking, going after every single lady, etc.

MOTIVATION on the other hand can help to solidify a Commitment to something that can be achievable or perhaps something one must do. Motivation helps to spark it up, it helps Commitment to reach a new milestone or break a former record set by our own self.

For instance jogging same route every weekend, motivation can help you surpass your previous stopping point to go further. Not wanting to write, one could be motivated by some of the good remarks and comments on the previous ones. Not wanting to read, one could be triggered by the fact that one wants a distinction in a course or perhaps the scholarship reward and many more.

Therefore, we need to realise the levels of some things we fall and keep to them. The write up came from the interaction I had with someone on Quora (one of my best apps) on answering a question relating to Motivation. However, only early January was I been banned without a justifiable reason. I have been quite lazy to operate the new account I created following the level I have built the previous account to.

I hope we do find this very impactful and helpful. See you around guys and remember peace is all that matters most in the world is everyone wants to be safe regardless of our faith, colour, ethnicity, political views, economic status and the likes. Command good and condemn evil.

https://balogunidowu./2019/03/21/habits-commitments-and-motivations/

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
indigenousGenius
Medical student, 400L
LASU.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.supplement2trend.com/ellure-skin-cream-canada/ / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes / Tuesday 23 April 2019 Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.