Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

HELP: Car Battery Issue - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / HELP: Car Battery Issue (407 Views)

Sea Gold Car Battery 75ahm For Sale Now 07062764235 / 4T1BF32K83U298981 VIN Help Car Report / SOLD_Used Car Battery (75amps) For Sale in the FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Car Battery Issue by sunnedee2: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2019
Good morning guys,
Loooking for information here.

I noticed the battery icon showing red on the dashboard few days ago.
The next day I took the car for some repairs and left it there for about a week.
Then the battery was down.

Now, if you start the car with another battery, it starts, but when you place the one that came with it (My own battery) the engine goes off immediately.

What could be the cause of this?
CC: Gazzuzz and other auto experts

NB: I confirmed the battery is mine. It wasn't swapped.

Again, does using your battery to start other cars damage the battery? People borrow this battery a lot. Battery model: Uplus
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by zevous: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2019
From my little car experience.. you have a bad alternator. Replace the alternator and have your battery charged or replace battery if you have the money and enjoy your car

1 Like

Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by Alexgray(m): 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2019
That red battery sign on indicated a fault in your charging system.

Your battery needs replacement.if you are in Lagos I can supply you brand new with six months warranty for 16,500 only .75amps

Your charging system wld be checked before replacement
Check my profile or call 08039246234

And if you want to help jump start a car,try using jumpstart cables instead of having to remove d battery all d time
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
sunnedee2:
Good morning guys,

The next day I took the car for some repairs and left it there for about a week.

Now, if you start the car with another battery, it starts, but when you place the one that came with it (My own battery) the engine goes off immediately.

Again, does using your battery to start other cars damage the battery? People borrow this battery a lot. Battery model: Uplus

what car?
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by greggng: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
sunnedee2:
Good morning guys,

First test your charging system which we call alternator. When I had same issues, I quickly called a rewire who discovered that my alternator diode was bad. I replaced the diode and everything was cool with my car. But for quality battery try Gazzuz...he once gave me one solid battery that lasted up to 4years ...is an European battery
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by sunnedee2: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

what car?
Mazda 626
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by sunnedee2: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
zevous:
From my little car experience.. you have a bad alternator. Replace the alternator and have your battery charged or replace battery if you have the money and enjoy your car
Thanks sir
Re: HELP: Car Battery Issue by sunnedee2: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2019
greggng:

First test your charging system which we call alternator. When I had same issues, I quickly called a rewire who discovered that my alternator diode was bad. I replaced the diode and everything was cool with my car. But for quality battery try Gazzuz...he once gave me one solid battery that lasted up to 4years ...is an European battery

Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Honda Crv Just Like A Tokunbo In Perfect Condition 930k / Superclean Toyota Hilux In Best Conditions 2.550 / Tokunbo 04/05 Toyota Sienna With Complete Duty At A Give Away 1.650k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.