Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US (42007 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Jaynom(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
King of boys finally!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
Icon79:
Ideally, true.
Realistically? Not really. Because most people who would be watching these movies are African plus very few Afro Americans and Afro Caribbean ... and maybe, just maybe a smattering of white people.

O pari

I concur but I believe we are getting there.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by prettyjo(f): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
I wish alter ego was there.I prefer it to lion heart
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by kushercain: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
maryjames9:

Lionheart is anything incredible but over rated. The movie like others like phone swap, castle and castle, Abuja Wives and lots more are cool movies with good story lines and great quality delivery and acting. A sharp contrast to the typical boring nollywood movies where you already know the end from the beginning. Let's appreciate our own. Castle and castle can comfortably stand shoulder to shoulder with Hollywood's Boston Legal without the Superb acting of one and only Raymond Readington. Nigeria movies are going places.

Raymond reddington dey scatter my dada aswr
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by eyinjuege: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
I've only seen lionheart. I guess I'm not a very current person... lol

prettyjo:

which one is alter ego? who's the main act there?
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by nonxo007(m): 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
francis5051:
Jokes apart I didn't see anything special about that lions heart,just all about transport and transport
You need to reason deeper my friend, look at the zeal, the effort to keep a dying business from dying or being taken over by someone else. If only you've been through the business line you'll know what I'm talking about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by prettyjo(f): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
eyinjuege:

Omotola.

Have you seen chief daddy
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by nonxo007(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
Unlimitk:
Two Yoruba's directed movie without running to Netflix and hyping given recognition.

It's not all by running to Netflix and hyping your movie my people
Can you just appreciate the fact that the world is getting a wave of nollywood and not start talking down on the movie ? At least Genevieve did something have you done any ?

8 Likes

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Dottore: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
xincxx3290:
You know all this and you are still miserably poor together with your siblings and relatives and kinsmen. Too bad

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Icon79(m): 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
KPOM!

O pari

Teemelanin:
I concur but I believe we are getting there.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by ElsonMorali: 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
I hope Nigerian movies get better.

It can be really painful and cringe worthy to sit and watch most Nigerian English movies.

Most Nigerian actors lack proper delivery of their roles. They aren't natural at all. They take a role and either overact or under act it. One of the reasons I love Funlola Aofiyebi. She can act. Genevieve, Omotola and co try too hard.

Special effects. For heaven's sake learn how to mimic the effects of firearms and blood. Enough of firecracker sounds and effects whenever someone fires what looks like a toy gun.

And the storyline...?

I'd love to watch more of Nigerian movies but it's painful to see them trying to copy Hollywood and doing a poor job.

Why not tell our own Nigerian stories?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by colestephan86: 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
francis5051:
Jokes apart I didn't see anything special about that lions heart,just all about transport and transport
My thanked me for not taking her to see mums at war, the movie is outright nonsense.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Bede2u(m): 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

What is the meaning of this? undecided
lionheart still dey pain yorubas up till now cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Bede2u(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
Unlimitk:
Two Yoruba's directed movie without running to Netflix and hyping given recognition.

It's not all by running to Netflix and hyping your movie my people
grin grin lol u are currently trying to hype them here...except nobody cares grin chai..this lionheart really pain u guys in the west cheesy I know tinubu touts for don attack Genevieve if the poor girl was living in lagos...just as u bitter souls were attacking igbos last election.

Yoruba is gradually unraveling and becoming the terrorists we knw they can be

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Mosminic(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
prettyjo:
Alter Ego That was Omotola's worst movie to be sincere. Her acting was totally suspicious.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
i havent watched lion heart but i know it wont be like those typical boring easily predictable nollywood movies.nollywood movies always about the wicked prince,wicked housewife,the igwe"s son that just returned from america looking for a village girl to marry grin.same boring old storylines grin.with all the issues going on in naija like kaduna crisis,illegal migration,chibok matter,boko issues etc una no fit carry materials from dere take create correct storylines for una movies cheesy.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
ElsonMorali:

It can be really painful and cringe worthy to sit and watch most Nigerian English movies.

Most Nigerian actors lack proper delivery of their roles. They aren't natural at all. They take a role and either overact or under act it. One of the reasons I love Funlola Aofiyebi. She can act. Genevieve, Omotola and co try too hard.

Special effects. For heaven's sake learn how to mimic the effects of firearms and blood. Enough of firecracker sounds and effects whenever someone fires what looks like a toy gun.

And the storyline...?

I'd love to watch more of Nigerian movies but it's painful to see them trying to copy Hollywood and doing a poor job.

gbam! cheesy why are we always trying to copy hollywood.why not act our own stories..and the shooting effects whenever an actor fires a gun is so poor.since d late 90s nollywood has still been using that firecracker sound.nigeria movies are the only movies u will see someone firing a machinegun at a vehicle and the windscreen will still be intact grin.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by ElsonMorali: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
lefulefu:
gbam! cheesy why are we always trying to copy hollywood.why not act our own stories..and the shooting effects whenever an actor fires a gun is so poor.since d late 90s nollywood has still been using that firecracker sound.nigeria movies are the only movies u will see someone firing a machinegun at a vehicle and the windscreen will still be intact grin.

Even Bollywood is doing great. Good acting, good special effects. The only thing that spoils Bollywood is the singing and choreography in every damn movie they produce.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by symbianDON(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2019
eyinjuege:

omotola is the main act. very great storyline and acting. it's a beautiful movie.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by GMbuharii: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2019
Haba, what about NgbantiWOOD movies,dem no dey screen those ones?!
grin
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Even Bollywood is doing great. Good acting, good special effects. The only thing that spoils Bollywood is the singing and choreography in every damn movie they produce.
nope that singing and dancing is dhier own style of doing movie.indians have always been dancing and singing in their movies since d 1970s grin...its their style.nollywood on the other hand has very weak storylines and easily predictable stories.no suspence at all.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by ElsonMorali: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
lefulefu:
nope that singing and dancing is dhier own style of doing movie.indians have always been dancing and singing in their movies since d 1970s grin...its their style.nollywood on the other hand has very weak storylines and easily predictable stories.no suspence at all.

True that. Daily life in the hustle and bustle of Lagos alone is enough to produce countless interesting movies and series. We don't have much creativity in that industry.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by streetsoldier1(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
francis5051:

The movie fall my hand seriously
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Jidibia:
That over rated and over hyped Lionheart.
Na 3weeks I take watch am finish.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by ttmax09(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please can someone recommend where i can download those movies upnorth and king of boys. I have watched lionheart already.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by Jidibia(m): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
sisipelebe:
Na 3weeks I take watch am finish.
That's to tell you how d movie no make sense reach.
Me just stop for road, come delete am from my system.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by handsomebanana(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2019
The day I start looking at Nairaland critics of movies before watching is the day I start dying.

When people hype Acrimony and give it 10/10, praising Tyler Perry to high heavens and no one mentions Spike Lee Blackkksman, you know something is wrong or when people say Black Panther was over hyped.

Bunch of idiots thinking they have authorithy to say which movie is overates or not.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by igbobabe02: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
I hope they don’t bring their bleaching to Netflix.

2 Shares

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by eyinjuege: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2019
symbianDON:

omotola is the main act. very great storyline and acting. it's a beautiful movie.

she's a great actress. how many movies person wan watch now? I was hoping to watch chief daddy this weekend on Netflix, and now we have alter ego, up north, etc. na wah o.

1 Like

Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by zedman1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
Sincerely, that Lion heart movie was over hyped, I prefer that her "yesterday was today something something "..... I've forgotten the name of the movie, sorry.
Re: ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US by SuperIgbo1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
ElsonMorali:

And the storyline...?

There's no such thing as Nigerian story. However, Nollywood which is owned and dominated by the Igbos tells Igbo stories

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija2020: Teni Prays For Laycon To Be Released From 'Spiritual Love Attack' / Room On Fire As Occupants Watching BBNaija In The Sitting Room / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.