Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. (1263 Views)

Top Most Dangerous Dogs In Nigeria (beware Of Dogs) / Man Poses With His Pets, A Python And Scorpions In Borno State (Photos) / "Beware Of Dogs, Intruders Will Be Eaten" - In Ikeja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please house, I want to send a warning to all the potential buyers of any kind of pet in this forum to be very careful not to loose their money to third parties or people I call the agents touts (ndi oso ahia). i tried calling two numbers I saw here to acquire about a particular dog and puppies. I did video call so I can see the product I want to buy, but this seller was declining my video call. He later told me that his camera was bad, and later said he has no dogs or puppies, that he will help me get one from his friends. I was angry, why should people post pics of puppies or dogs that are not their own. That is the reason they don't even post the price or location. They own no puppies/dogs. What they do is inflate price of an innocent seller in nairaland by doubling the original price so as to give the owner half of the money sold from the dog.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
If he behaves like a scam, walks like a scam or talks like a scam, he is definitely one. If they don't want to say their price publicly why advertising their dogs publicly. If they ask you to call them to know the price, tell them to call you also to know if you want to buy dog or not. Be vigilant, be wise, don't fall a victim.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by Baroba(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
luka1981:
If he behaves like a scam, walks like a scam or talks like a scam, he is definitely one. If they don't want to say their price publicly why advertising their dogs publicly. If they ask you to call them to know the price, tell them to call you also to know if you want to buy dog or not. Be vigilant, be wise, don't fall a victim.

Flee from anyone that asks you to " call" for price..Only in a fraudulent country such as Nigeria do you get such.. Tomorrow we blame our government for been corrupt, we are just as bad.. State your price, whoever is interested will definitely call or vist, we all know why they do this..

My brother I don't patronise online puppy merchants, I don hear enough stories...I go to reputable breeders with physical address of there kennels, good luck to those who want to loose there money to scammers, am not prepared to take such risk. It's a personal choice..

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by space9880: 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
Baroba:

Flee from anyone that asks you to " call" for price..Only in a fraudulent country such as Nigeria do you get such.. Tomorrow we blame our government for been corrupt, we are just as bad.. State your price, whoever is interested will definitely call or vist, we all know why they do this..

My brother I don't patronise online puppy merchants, I don hear enough stories...I go to reputable breeders with physical address of there kennels, good luck to those who want to loose there money to scammers, am not prepared to take such risk. It's a personal choice..

my brother the thing tire me too o some behave as if stating the price publicly will reduce their life span

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
space9880:

my brother the thing tire me too o some behave as if stating the price publicly will reduce their life span

Ike gwuru

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by frowland(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
luka1981:
Please house, I want to send a warning to all the potential buyers of any kind of pet in this forum to be very careful not to loose their money to third parties or people I call the agents touts (ndi oso ahia). i tried calling two numbers I saw here to acquire about a particular dog and puppies. I did video call so I can see the product I want to buy, but this seller was declining my video call. He later told me that his camera was bad, and later said he has no dogs or puppies, that he will help me get one from his friends. I was angry, why should people post pics of puppies or dogs that are not their own. That is the reason they don't even post the price or location. They own no puppies/dogs. What they do is inflate price of an innocent seller in nairaland by doubling the original price so as to give the owner half of the money sold from the dog.

You are not entirely fair to these middle sellers. You cannot jump into such conclusions solely based on two calls you claim you made.
Look, I have pedegree dogs and I never advertise them here. People come to my house take pictures, then market them and make their profit.
When I bring in Generators and cars, most car agents come to my house to take the pictures and put online. They bargain with seller and sometimes take the item to the seller. In every business venture, there are bad eggs this also inclusive. That does not mean they are touts. Will you also call land agents touts? Common' be reasonable.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by Namdeenero(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
frowland:

You are not entirely fair to these middle sellers. You cannot jump into such conclusions solely based on two calls you claim you made.
Look, I have pedegree dogs and I never advertise them here. People come to my house take pictures, then market them and make their profit.
When I bring in Generators and cars, most car agents come to my house to take the pictures and put online. They bargain with seller and sometimes take the item to the seller. In every business venture, there are bad eggs this also inclusive. That does not mean they are touts. Will you also call land agents touts? Common' be reasonable.
True sir but what if the 3rd party sellers contact the owners first to find out price of puppy before trying to advertise??

Truth be told some of these guys will end up selling something entirely different from what they showed you. Sometime ago on this forum someone advertised a puppy that had already been long sold, he was finally exposed by the original owner of the puppy. That's what some of these guys do, they advertise something and sometimes sell something different just to make profit. I have fallen for that type of scam and today before I buy any pup from you I'll call you on video and you show me the pup and it's mother

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by frowland(m): 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Namdeenero:
True sir but what if the 3rd party sellers contact the owners first to find out price of puppy before trying to advertise??

Truth be told some of these guys will end up selling something entirely different from what they showed you. Sometime ago on this forum someone advertised a puppy that had already been long sold, he was finally exposed by the original owner of the puppy. That's what some of these guys do, they advertise something and sometimes sell something different just to make profit. I have fallen for that type of scam and today before I buy any pup from you I'll call you on video and you show me the pup and it's mother

About selling what is different from what was shown, thats correct. Happens often especially those you meet at Jiji and Olx.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by JADO93: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
Be careful when buying online..... Yes

People who don't state price openly are not reliable.... LIES.

I personally will Never ever put a price of product online for some reasons. I get to meet different standard of people on line... The top notch, the middle class etc. This is someone's business not just spew game. The price I will sell to a celebrity is not the same I will sell to a regular nicur. Their income is different. That's where packaging comes in.

3rd party hyping the price..... Well that's someones' source of income though someone over do it. You can never have all the request u get, u definitely wl run out of stock and those that have the stock do not have the connect.

Majority of you do business and all... Do u give the same price to everyone? Let no one act like a Saint.

I am Jado....

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
JADO93:

I personally will Never ever put a price of product online for some reasons. I get to meet different standard of people on line... The top notch, the middle class etc. This is someone's business not just spew game. The price I will sell to a celebrity is not the same I will sell to a regular nicur. Their income is different. That's where packaging comes in.

3rd party hyping the price..... Well that's someones' source of income though someone over do it. You can never have all the request u get, u definitely wl run out of stock and those that have the stock do not have the connect.

Majority of you do business and all... Do u give the same price to everyone? Let no one act like a Saint.

I am Jado....

With all due respect, you are a big time cheat bro. Sorry but no sorry. Your kind is one of the reasons we are still ranked high in corruption. Economically it is said that the value of a product determines the price. Only a criminal will let the value of his buyer to determine his price. When you state everything openly about your product, people might expose your ass, that is why criminals want everything privately so as not to be exposed. Ur price, pics of ur product, location e.tc should be stated openly. Some people go to Google pics to donload pics for advert.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by JADO93: 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
luka1981:

With all due respect, you are a big time cheat bro. Sorry but no sorry. Your kind is one of the reasons we are still ranked high in corruption. Economically it is said that the value of a product determines the price. Only a criminal will let the value of his buyer to determine his price. When you state everything openly about your product, people might expose your ass, that is why criminals want everything privately so as not to be exposed. Ur price, pics of ur product, location e.tc should be stated openly. Some people go to Google pics to donload pics for advert.
well, you are entitled to ur opinion...... As long as I deliver ad the happiness is met, I care less about whatever those that re not in the picture feels..... Maybe u should tell me little about what u do and I will pin u down... Business is business.. No one fucking cares. When u want to pay ur tithe in church... Show everyone b4 dropping.....

. When searching for a pet, do u put up ur budget? You keep searching for cheap dogs, u should probably put ur budget then. People like u that act like saints are bigger thieves..... U get an opportunity to do a job and hire heavy machines, u Wil go Tru d back to make more money... Bros go sleep, I am done talking to you

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2019
JADO93:
well, you are entitled to ur opinion...... As long as I deliver ad the happiness is met, I care less about whatever those that re not in the picture feels..... Maybe u should tell me little about what u do and I will pin u down... Business is business.. No one fucking cares. When u want to pay ur tithe in church... Show everyone b4 dropping.....

. When searching for a pet, do u put up ur budget? You keep searching for cheap dogs, u should probably put ur budget then. People like u that act like saints are bigger thieves..... U get an opportunity to do a job and hire heavy machines, u Wil go Tru d back to make more money... Bros go sleep, I am done talking to you

what I do? Ur expectation is that Nigeria is made up of 200 million criminal minded souls. In a discussion forum like this, people care for opinions and use it to make sure that the money they spend is equal to the value of product they get, not minding their financial status. If they choose to do charity, that is a different thing. it Is unfortunate that you are proudly saying you are here to cheat people because they have more money than others. Do you know how many people living outside the country, but through the help of nairaland property section, they were able to build their houses at home, because some competent and transparent builders are openly stating their price. We even get updated when the price of cement and building materials change in market, here in nairaland. We get lectures on how to build so that ur contractors and ur people at home will not cheat u. All these are the benefits of nairaland. Like you earlier said, there would always be a bad egg and you are the bad egg of pet section.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by frowland(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
JADO93:

I am Jado....

Good point.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by JADO93: 7:46am On Apr 05, 2019
luka1981:

what I do? Ur expectation is that Nigeria is made up of 200 million criminal minded souls. In a discussion forum like this, people care for opinions and use it to make sure that the money they spend is equal to the value of product they get, not minding their financial status. If they choose to do charity, that is a different thing. it Is unfortunate that you are proudly saying you are here to cheat people because they have more money than others. Do you know how many people living outside the country, but through the help of nairaland property section, they were able to build their houses at home, because some competent and transparent builders are openly stating their price. We even get updated when the price of cement and building materials change in market, here in nairaland. We get lectures on how to build so that ur contractors and ur people at home will not cheat u. All these are the benefits of nairaland. Like you earlier said, there would always be a bad egg and you are the bad egg of pet section.
oshey good egg..... You get updates yea, which of them have u patronized ?? You are obviously poor, either in taught or by nature. Think rich. It's people like you that will want a product on the island and start telling them its sold for certain amount on the mainland......location, demand, quality and many more affects fixing of a price. U don't want a middle man, then you should get your things directly form the company, like buying ur wears from China, bottle water from company, infact you should buy a new car from company and not dealer

Even with d Most high, there is a third party.... You pray through Jesus christ to God ....... So who are you?

Bros u re just been stingy and I am sure u will get scammed by the category of people u expect to say what u want to hear..... Will await ur testimony of any pet u end up adopting. Mention me so that I can laugh Mr Good egg...... Ahahahahahah ahahhahahhha

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by Magpies(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2019
JADO93:
oshey good egg..... You get updates yea, which of them have u patronized ?? You are obviously poor, either in taught or by nature. Think rich. It's people like you that will want a product on the island and start telling them its sold for certain amount on the mainland......location, demand, quality and many more affects fixing of a price. U don't want a middle man, then you should get your things directly form the company, like buying ur wears from China, bottle water from company, infact you should buy a new car from company and not dealer....... Bros u re just been stingy and I am sure u will get scammed by the category of people u expect to say what u want to hear..... Will await ur testimony of any pet u end up adopting. Mention me so that I can laugh Mr Good egg...... Ahahahahahah ahahhahahhha
Good point man....was bout commenting buh u said it all...DROPS MIC

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2019
JADO93:
oshey good egg..... You get updates yea, which of them have u patronized ?? You are obviously poor, either in taught or by nature. Think rich. It's people like you that will want a product on the island and start telling them its sold for certain amount on the mainland......location, demand, quality and many more affects fixing of a price. U don't want a middle man, then you should get your things directly form the company, like buying ur wears from China, bottle water from company, infact you should buy a new car from company and not dealer

Even with d Most high, there is a third party.... You pray through Jesus christ to God ....... So who are you?

Bros u re just been stingy and I am sure u will get scammed by the category of people u expect to say what u want to hear..... Will await ur testimony of any pet u end up adopting. Mention me so that I can laugh Mr Good egg...... Ahahahahahah ahahhahahhha

my fear has been confirmed. Preaching to you about standard way of life and business will be like preaching to a pig on how to live a clean life or preaching to elephant on how to climb trees. I have been mistakenly taking you to be a normal decent person who can learn, unlearn and re-learn on how to make our society a better place. Even by Nigerian standards, airticket is one thing u must buy through an agent, but when buying it, the agent states clearly the cost of the ticket, tax payable to the govt, his commission, in a clear terms. And same price is applicable to every buyers whether u are a president or the poorest man in the country. Secondly, in a plane, there is first class economy and business class, you choose according to ur pockets. And all the prices is stated in their website, the cost is enough to attract many customers.But the problem here is that many of you here are not even agents but touts. In decent society touts are regarded as criminals, they are not allowed to operate.

So, it is has been confirmed that this section is infested with touts and criminals. They support themselves as you can see here. We are not against agents, we are against touts.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by TIDDOLL(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2019
luka1981:
[/b]To be sincere with you, a third party or preferably agents are needed in almost all kind of businesses.
Probably you fell into the wrong hands though.

I for one own a Bitch that's yet to whelp, a friend of mine on the other hand owns one with 4weeks old puppies. But he's been finding it hard to market them/sell.

So he reached out and I told him to send me pics of the puppies and mating pics, where as I will put a lil amount on the selling price to compensate my troubles.

In this kind of situation, a buyer will put a Video call through and expect to see the Puppies or the Bitch.?
No!
But a Vid can be recorded and sent to the buyer.

Different angles to pet acquisition, Just be sure you are dealing with an honest person.
Not all agents or third party are Criminals.[b]

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by ayobamiakinrind(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2019
Bomae:

Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs. https:///Canineeducation

Pregnancy and Whelping Preparation

U av to watch for Signs of Pregnancy

Canine gestation lasts approximately 63 days. Signs of pregnancy include an increase in appetite, weight, and nipple size. However, a bitch with false pregnancy may also show these signs.
False pregnancy is when a dog exhibit the signs of pregnancy but is not pregnant.

A vet or an expert can usually confirm a pregnancy through abdominal palpitation at 28 days or by using ultrasound or X-rays.

If ur not experienced plz dnt do palpation cos it can cause miscarriage.

U should provide proper nutrition for ur pregnant bitch.

Her food intake should be increased only as her body weight increases, Daily food intake should be increased gradually, so that at the time of whelping she may be eating 35 to 50 percent more than usual. As her weight and food intake increase, begin offering small, frequent meals to spare her the discomfort that larger meals can cause, especially in a small dog.

If u have been feeding ur bitch a well-balanced, high-quality diet, you should not need to add anything to her food during her pregnancy. However, i advocate supplementation because some bitches might not eat very well during pregnancy.

U can give her a protein source such as evaporated milk, eggs, meat, or liver.

Look for a balanced diet for ur pregnant bitch before, during and after pregnancy.

A malnourished mother whether underweight or over weight could be bad for her. Good nutrition sets the stage for successful breeding and healthy puppies in dogs.

There could be consequences for the mum and her babies if u dnt feed her rightly. If u feed her wrongly and she becomes overweight then It could cause fewer milk production during lactation, difficult or prolonged labor and extra stress on the puppies which can kill them. And if shes so tired she can abandon her babies.

If shes overweight before mating then it could reduce the number if eggs released during ovulation which would result in fewer or reduced litter size ( number of puppies).

underfeeding during pregnancy can result in embryo loss, abnormal fetal development, spontaneous abortion or stillbirth, and low birth-weight of puppies and they might not do well.

That said i advice u to go for a good puppy meal for ur pregnant bitch as it contains most of the essential vitamins and minerals and then u can supplement it with a bitch pill

Accustom ur bitch to the Whelping Box
It is a good idea to build a whelping box well in advance so the bitch has time to become accustomed to it.

If u dnt do that she might go to ur toilet or even outside the house or some other inappropriate place to whelp.

An ideal whelping environment is warm, dry, quiet, draft-free, and away from all other dogs when possible.

Confinement and whelping location of ur bitch is relative to her breed and size.

Many breeders prefer to line the box with newspapers until after delivery because paper can be changed quickly when it becomes soiled.

After whelping, newspapers are replaced with non-skid bath mats, outdoor carpeting, or something else that provides better footing for the puppies.

These are the items u should buy in preparation for whelping.

Newspaper
bedding for bitch and puppies, whelping box,
Clean Towels,
Thermostat to check bitch’s temperature prior to whelping,
Un-waxed Dental Floss for tying puppies’ umbilical cords,
Heating Pad to keep puppies warm. Some people keep lanterns around in place of this.

Be sure that it does not get too hot,
Scissors to cut puppies umbilical cords or the placenta,
Iodine to apply after umbilical cord is cut (either by bitch or breeder), clean puppies’ abdomen with iodine too.

Signs of Labor

A few days b4 the bitch is ready to give birth, she may stop eating and start building a nest where she plans to have her puppies. if u introduce the whelping box properly to her then she would build the nest in it.

Shortly before whelping, the bitch’s body temperature will drop
Approximately 24 hours after her temperature drops, she can be expected to enter the first stage of labor when the cervix

dilates and opens the birth canal for the passage of puppies.

At this time, she will pant, strain, and appear restless. This stage of labor is followed by actual abdominal straining and production of the puppies and placentas.

u should have on hand your vets phone number in case of emergency

Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs. https:///Canineeducation

Wait, them swear for you? Must you derail every thread? Why did you choose to be unfortunate?
Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by JADO93: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
luka1981:

my fear has been confirmed. Preaching to you about standard way of life and business will be like preaching to a pig on how to live a clean life or preaching to elephant on how to climb trees. I have been mistakenly taking you to be a normal decent person who can learn, unlearn and re-learn on how to make our society a better place. Even by Nigerian standards, airticket is one thing u must buy through an agent, but when buying it, the agent states clearly the cost of the ticket, tax payable to the govt, his commission, in a clear terms. And same price is applicable to every buyers whether u are a president or the poorest man in the country. Secondly, in a plane, there is first class economy and business class, you choose according to ur pockets. And all the prices is stated in their website, the cost is enough to attract many customers.But the problem here is that many of you here are not even agents but touts. In decent society touts are regarded as criminals, they are not allowed to operate.

So, it is has been confirmed that this section is infested with touts and criminals. They support themselves as you can see here. We are not against agents, we are against touts.
ahahahaahhahahahaahh...... Mr go and choose according to ur pocket and stop seeking for attention and pity, No one care.. Durrrrrrr. Ahahahahahah.
Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by JADO93: 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
luka1981:

can u see no one care about ur pity? Que Sera Sera

Head wey go chop knock, even if u dey inside plane, u go commot head chop am.

I rule my world. Get this: I do more of importation and not some random adverts. I am Jado

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by luka1981(m): 4:39am On Apr 08, 2019
Baroba:

I concur. You are 100% right.
Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by 1000angstroms(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2019
The way God gave me him and am enjoying it, Glory be to God.

Re: Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers. by DemiVonKrone: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Baroba:

Since (in your words) it only happens in fraudulent countries like Nigeria, can you point out how many breeders from the non-corrupt countries you rever so much put the actual price tag on their puppies put up?

You'll probably return this with another insult, buh don't worry, I don't really care. Truth is even breeders have their own policies and it's not just about middlemen. Bad eggs are in every professions nah. So about someone putting up price being a thief, that's just a myopic point of view honestly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Where This Dog Is Chilling / Eskimo Puppies For Sale / My Adult GSD Attacked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.