Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy (5283 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date / CBN Rules Out Naira Fall As External Reserves Hit $34bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by talk2odim: 8:28am On Mar 22, 2019
Timekeeper:

Is that all u av to say?

I didn't even read the thing

Well if u did read it u would understand fully my comment.
Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by UncletC: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2019
l lock you inside a room, give you 200 k , feed you for 2months at about l4k everyday because that is what is spent on each Nigerian prisoner in a day, times l4k for 2months.
then you make 400k and still want 80k......Bros you should be owing me after two months now, your feeding alone is more than 500k , with my 200k in your hand only for you to turn in 400k , it can't work, look for another forum to scam
Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by dochenaj: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2019
UncletC:

are you sure countries with high export devalue their currencies to make other countries dumping ground for their products? who do you this kind thing? does US, UK, CANADA etc devalue ? where did you get this kind of daft theory? Bros always think before you comment
Go and research it, possibly you will realize out of gross draftness you spoke out of turn.
Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by Originalsly: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2019
Hmmm....they need to an the importation of tomato and tomato paste.....or place a very high tariff .... on stuff that can be produced locally.
Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by nextstep(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
abumeinben:
The minimum wage thing is the krawkraw we have now..

Things would now be expensive than they were at 18k. Minimum wage was increased by 33.33%. VAT to be increased by about 50%. So pure water go become N15 be that.

What manner of "dem dey use us play" is this? What's labour even saying about this?

The long-term trouble of increasing minimum wage (which I agree needs to be done BTW), is that the cost of goods will increase to match. Meaning it will still take the same amount of time to earn the money to pay for the same things: wages rise, prices rise to match.
Re: CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy by abumeinben(m): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
nextstep:

The long-term trouble of increasing minimum wage (which I agree needs to be done BTW), is that the cost of goods will increase to match. Meaning it will still take the same amount of time to earn the money to pay for the same things: wages rise, prices rise to match.

That called "purchasing power remains the same"

Sadly, this is what the government terms progress.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Role Of Mortgage Bank In A Developing Economy / Selling Men's Underwear (boxers) / Importation Bussiness Thread:truth About Buying Galaxy S4 Phone And Laptop & 14k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.