Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow (24073 Views)

Oyo Mob Beats Soldier Over Alleged Killing Of NSCDC Officer / NSCDC Officer Smiling As She Is Arraigned For Employment Fraud / People Killed By NSCDC Officer In Gombe During Boy’s Brigade Standoff (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Bigmugu: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2019
Ada, the wife of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps officer, Ogah Jumbo, who was allegedly beaten to death by two traffic wardens in Nyanya, Abuja, on Wednesday, has said the deceased was dragged on the ground till he died.

Ada stated that her husband sustained broken fingernails and bruises on his toes when he was dragged on the ground by the traffic wardens, who assaulted him.

The widow told a Punch correspondent onThusday that the traffic wardens hit Ogah on the head several times with batons after which he was dragged on the ground for about a kilometre to the police station where he gave up the ghost.

It was learnt that the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, had ordered the detention of the police personnel involved in the incident.

The wife, who witnessed the encounter alongside her two children, refuted reports that her husband was driving against the traffic.

According to her, the late Assistant Superintendent of the NSCDC, who was attached to the Sharia Court in Abuja, was taking her to the Gloryland International School, Karu, where she works as a teacher, when the incident happened.

She said, “We were going to Karu from New Nyanya, but on getting to the Catholic church, we diverted. A traffic warden stopped the vehicles on the other side and asked vehicles on our side to move, but when it got to our turn, he stopped our car and my husband pleaded with him that he was late for work.

“The traffic warden retorted that it was not his business, because he was not the cause of the traffic jam. He stood in front of the vehicle and said my husband wanted to hit him with the car.

“He kicked the vehicle and went to the driver’s side and was pulling my husband out of the vehicle. His (the traffic warden’s) colleague, Mr Idoko, also joined him and they were beating my husband with batons. I alighted from the vehicle and pleaded with them.

“They (traffic wardens) dragged my husband on the ground to their station. If you see his body in the mortuary, you will notice that his fingernails were chopped off and he bled to death.”

Ada added that while her husband was being taken away by the policemen, she went back to the vehicle to fetch the car key and his phones.

“By the time I got to their station, I found my husband sitting on the ground and unable to talk. All the policemen were insulting him, saying, ‘You are a stupid man; we hate civil defence corps officers, they are too stubborn’. They killed my husband in my presence, leaving me to cater for two children alone,” she noted.

The teacher explained that the policemen were not willing to take Ogah to the hospital, on the excuse that their vehicles had no fuel, adding that the deceased was not accepted at the Nyanya General Hospital, where they eventually took him to after a long delay.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the FCT Command, Ciroma, has visited the NSCDC office to commiserate with the operatives over Ogah’s death.

The NSCDC spokesman, David Akinbinu, said in a statement that the CP disclosed that the errant policemen had been detained, adding that investigation had also commenced.

Photos below

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/how-policemen-dragged-my-husband-till-he-died-nscdc-officers-widow/

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by amzee(m): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2019
RIP

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Shelumiel: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2019
The Nigerian police can never be your friend .

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by bkool7(m): 7:27am On Mar 22, 2019
The bad eggs in the NPF are just too numerous

25 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by tooth4tooth: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2019
Beating a uniformed man like them. Nigerian Police are just too indiscipline. These are men that have social responsibility to maintain law and order.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Dottore: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2019
Animals

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by frommee0: 8:49am On Mar 22, 2019
grin
tooth4tooth:
Beating a uniformed man like them. Nigerian Police are just too indiscipline. These are men that have social responsibility to maintain law and order.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by ojkalito(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2019
If robbers no kill you police go kill you...what a country

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by jericco1(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2019
Nigerian Police Force is the worst paramilitary in the world. they are to a large extent incompetent and shallow minded

17 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 22, 2019
what could have killed the man? Internal bleeding or shock?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by NigeriaBam: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Police is not our friend... Please stay away from � police.

IF YOU WANT TO BUY DATA CLICK HERE OR CHECK MY SIGNATURE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by chuks34(m): 10:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Police brutality is becoming alarming in this our Nigeria
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Purej: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2019
U don't mean it. cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Bigmugu:
Ada, the wife of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps officer, Ogah Jumbo, who was allegedly beaten to death by two traffic wardens in Nyanya, Abuja, on Wednesday, has said the deceased was dragged on the ground till he died.

Ada stated that her husband sustained broken fingernails and bruises on his toes when he was dragged on the ground by the traffic wardens, who assaulted him.

The widow told a Punch correspondent onThusday that the traffic wardens hit Ogah on the head several times with batons after which he was dragged on the ground for about a kilometre to the police station where he gave up the ghost.

It was learnt that the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, had ordered the detention of the police personnel involved in the incident.

The wife, who witnessed the encounter alongside her two children, refuted reports that her husband was driving against the traffic.

According to her, the late Assistant Superintendent of the NSCDC, who was attached to the Sharia Court in Abuja, was taking her to the Gloryland International School, Karu, where she works as a teacher, when the incident happened.

She said, “We were going to Karu from New Nyanya, but on getting to the Catholic church, we diverted. A traffic warden stopped the vehicles on the other side and asked vehicles on our side to move, but when it got to our turn, he stopped our car and my husband pleaded with him that he was late for work.

“The traffic warden retorted that it was not his business, because he was not the cause of the traffic jam. He stood in front of the vehicle and said my husband wanted to hit him with the car.

“He kicked the vehicle and went to the driver’s side and was pulling my husband out of the vehicle. His (the traffic warden’s) colleague, Mr Idoko, also joined him and they were beating my husband with batons. I alighted from the vehicle and pleaded with them.

“They (traffic wardens) dragged my husband on the ground to their station. If you see his body in the mortuary, you will notice that his fingernails were chopped off and he bled to death.”

Ada added that while her husband was being taken away by the policemen, she went back to the vehicle to fetch the car key and his phones.

“By the time I got to their station, I found my husband sitting on the ground and unable to talk. All the policemen were insulting him, saying, ‘You are a stupid man; we hate civil defence corps officers, they are too stubborn’. They killed my husband in my presence, leaving me to cater for two children alone,” she noted.

The teacher explained that the policemen were not willing to take Ogah to the hospital, on the excuse that their vehicles had no fuel, adding that the deceased was not accepted at the Nyanya General Hospital, where they eventually took him to after a long delay.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the FCT Command, Ciroma, has visited the NSCDC office to commiserate with the operatives over Ogah’s death.

The NSCDC spokesman, David Akinbinu, said in a statement that the CP disclosed that the errant policemen had been detained, adding that investigation had also commenced.

Photos below

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/how-policemen-dragged-my-husband-till-he-died-nscdc-officers-widow/

v

K
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Lovelyn451(f): 10:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Mtchew...watching her cry on TV the other day was painful ...every family the police kills one of their member just sits and mourn and forget...no one has ever stood up and fought until the accused police man is prosecuted to serve as warning to others

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by QuickStandard: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2019
Cruelty

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by stanliwise(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2019
what a life. Na only person wey never sleep for kirikiri maximum prison or wey never jam Nigeria police and army car b4 dey shout "we are one Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by ghettochild4u(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2019
This woman must get justice oooo.. Please she has to be helped... All these bastard police officers sef

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by gift2xl: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2019
This one hard

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by jargonzboi(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2019
na wa o
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by wink2015(m): 10:42am On Mar 22, 2019
Bigmugu:

Photos below

THE KILLER POLICEMEN SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.

They must be brought before the court to face justice.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Timekeeper: 10:42am On Mar 22, 2019
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by SouthSouth1914: 10:42am On Mar 22, 2019
Another one bites the dust in the hands of the Nigerian police.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Bsxtk9o: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Tshsush

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by stubbornman(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Policemen should be killed at will.... they are the most useless set of people we have in this country!!!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by PussyKing(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Those policemen should be dealt with, hence if they are APC members (automatic saints) they are free to walk away cheesy
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by stubbornman(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2019
Timekeeper:
That police man must be an Igbo man

See two igbos disgracing themselves Cox of chicken change (ubi and iyanya) over a yoruba boy money (tekno)

Stupidity no go kill you!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by anonymuz(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2019
tooth4tooth:
most of them are illiterate. Do they even know their responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2019
Just like that?
Nothing so painful beating someone before his or her relations.
A man you were with and gisting with awhile ago, suddenly was beaten to death by people who are to protect us and maintain peace and order?
So tired of this god-dammed forsaken country!
Tuah!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by KINGwax007(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2019
The funny thing about life and death is that, in the end, it both won't make sense.

The nature of life and the futile celebration is snuffed out by the inexplicable death.

We will die at that appointmented time and some elements must be the agent of our demise.

When he took on that job, he would have celebrated. When he gave birth to the child and married the wife, which all contributed to the fact that didn't want him to get late to work, such that he took the wrong route, little did he know he was merely acting the script.

RIP...
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by NigeriaBam: 10:46am On Mar 22, 2019
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bakassi Member Shoots Unarmed Man In Umuahia (Graphic Photos) / Trader Shot Dead In Anambra Market / EFCC Arrests 3 Spiritualists For ₦16M Get-Rich-Quick Scam In Maiduguri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.