Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow (23973 Views)

Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue / NSCDC Officer Smiling As She Is Arraigned For Employment Fraud / People Killed By NSCDC Officer In Gombe During Boy’s Brigade Standoff (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by fagbohun4j(m): 10:46am On Mar 22, 2019
I don't know why the Nigeria police hates the NSCDC, always fighting themselves. Na only soldiers fit handle them and armed robbers. Bunch of criminals.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by ruboy(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2019
We have some wicked animals in human clothing, imagine such an occurrence. Let's say the truth tho the NSCDC official is wrong but not withstanding the so called POLICE OR TRAFFIC WARDEN should have handled things with wisdom. Now the man is gone, such a tragic experience. The law should take its stand pls.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Oluomo2468: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2019
Many of them are glorified tout
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by PrimaBite: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2019
too bad
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Braaad: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2019
Please, is it legally possible in anyway for the Nigerian police force to be scrapped??
The senseless killings caused by these lots are too much.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by nelronaldo(m): 10:49am On Mar 22, 2019
bkool7:
The bad eggs in the NPF are just too numerous
Bad crates of eggs you mean grin
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by foreshore(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2019
Bigmugu:
Ada, the wife of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps officer, Ogah Jumbo, who was allegedly beaten to death by two traffic wardens in Nyanya, Abuja, on Wednesday, has said the deceased was dragged on the ground till he died.

Ada stated that her husband sustained broken fingernails and bruises on his toes when he was dragged on the ground by the traffic wardens, who assaulted him.

The widow told a Punch correspondent onThusday that the traffic wardens hit Ogah on the head several times with batons after which he was dragged on the ground for about a kilometre to the police station where he gave up the ghost.

It was learnt that the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, had ordered the detention of the police personnel involved in the incident.

The wife, who witnessed the encounter alongside her two children, refuted reports that her husband was driving against the traffic.

According to her, the late Assistant Superintendent of the NSCDC, who was attached to the Sharia Court in Abuja, was taking her to the Gloryland International School, Karu, where she works as a teacher, when the incident happened.

She said, “We were going to Karu from New Nyanya, but on getting to the Catholic church, we diverted. A traffic warden stopped the vehicles on the other side and asked vehicles on our side to move, but when it got to our turn, he stopped our car and my husband pleaded with him that he was late for work.

“The traffic warden retorted that it was not his business, because he was not the cause of the traffic jam. He stood in front of the vehicle and said my husband wanted to hit him with the car.

“He kicked the vehicle and went to the driver’s side and was pulling my husband out of the vehicle. His (the traffic warden’s) colleague, Mr Idoko, also joined him and they were beating my husband with batons. I alighted from the vehicle and pleaded with them.

“They (traffic wardens) dragged my husband on the ground to their station. If you see his body in the mortuary, you will notice that his fingernails were chopped off and he bled to death.”

Ada added that while her husband was being taken away by the policemen, she went back to the vehicle to fetch the car key and his phones.

“By the time I got to their station, I found my husband sitting on the ground and unable to talk. All the policemen were insulting him, saying, ‘You are a stupid man; we hate civil defence corps officers, they are too stubborn’. They killed my husband in my presence, leaving me to cater for two children alone,” she noted.

The teacher explained that the policemen were not willing to take Ogah to the hospital, on the excuse that their vehicles had no fuel, adding that the deceased was not accepted at the Nyanya General Hospital, where they eventually took him to after a long delay.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the FCT Command, Ciroma, has visited the NSCDC office to commiserate with the operatives over Ogah’s death.

The NSCDC spokesman, David Akinbinu, said in a statement that the CP disclosed that the errant policemen had been detained, adding that investigation had also commenced.

Photos below

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/how-policemen-dragged-my-husband-till-he-died-nscdc-officers-widow/

Insane society
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Fourwinds: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2019
They are so good at this.... Nonsense people

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by ngwababe(f): 10:59am On Mar 22, 2019
Your fellow men drag you for ground, as in your fellow force men drag, beat and kill you? No be the same training una do? Man, you fall hands jari!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by West2019(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2019
Useless police men let dem.come and try army .I hereby sentence the police man for 21 yrs imprisonment
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by pheonixdld2(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2019
Some crime dont need me demanding justice. I will personally give the justice.....if this kind of thing were to happen to someone i love...hammer...i will pay for their execution, everyone of them involved.
Death to all wicked and evil police officer.
Josephamstrong1:
Just like that?
Nothing so painful beating someone before his or her relations.
A man you were with and gisting with awhile ago, suddenly was beaten to death by people who are to protect us and maintain peace and order?
So tired of this god-dammed forsaken country!
Tuah!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Endtimebro: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2019
OP are u telling me that Idoko participated in the act? see as oyine contributed to a fellow oyine's death
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Kenturkey048(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2019
anonymuz:
most of them are illiterate. Do they even know their responsibilities.
u are very correct,because I overhaead an army man ones said,*them no for give soldiers uniform to navy and airforce*
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Some crime dont need me demanding justice. I will personally give the justice.....if this kind of thing were to happen to someone i love...hammer...i will pay for their execution, everyone of them involved.
Death to all wicked and evil police officer.
Pray it doesn't happen bro.
This is a lawless nation. Now they've tagged it that the man wanted to ran them over. Can you imagine?
Nollywood should write a script on this.
More of Columbiana typa shit.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by nwadiuko1(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Mtchew...watching her cry on TV the other day was painful ...every family the police kills one of their member just sits and mourn and forget...no one has ever stood up and fought until the accused police man is prosecuted to serve as warning to others

honestly......if you cant get them through the courts, the native doctors are there, the assassins are there
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by KaterineWhite(f): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2019
frommee0:
grin
Insanity reigns in their blood...
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by urchmanio(m): 11:14am On Mar 22, 2019
what baffles me is how the NSCDC officer could allow the traffic wardens to drag him on the floor without putting up a struggle
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by eagleeye2: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2019
candlewax:
what could have killed the man? Internal bleeding or shock?
Internal bleeding may actually be the culprit. Imagine being beaten with baton.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by eagleeye2: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2019
urchmanio:
what baffles me is how the NSCDC officer could allow the traffic wardens to drag him on the floor without putting up a struggle
They were two, and they also used a baton on him. Moreover, the guy could have been sick before the incident.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by eagleeye2: 11:19am On Mar 22, 2019
nwadiuko1:
honestly......if you cant get them through the courts, the native doctors are there, the assassins are there
Some time ago in the distant past, I heard about one guy the police killed his brother. The guy just armed himself and went to their station and opened fire on them killing about 5 or 6 police people. The rest ran away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2019
Timekeeper:
That police man must be an Igbo man

See two igbos disgracing themselves Cox of chicken change (ubi and iyanya) over a yoruba boy money (tekno)

This is hate speech. You deserve a long ban on Nairaland for the rubbish above. The Tekno you are mentioning (real names Augustine Miles Kenechi) would spit on this hate-filled post of yours.

Better change.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Hoodbilonia: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2019
Everyday i watch krav maga
Everyday
Fuc
Npf shud be scrapped
Even with baton yur life dey danger
Talk more of guns
Last nite i was crusing thru the streets
By 11pm heading back home
Had bag of kush on me
Wss flagged down
Dem wan begin say come down
Dis
Dat
I juh clear dem say i be street niggi
Drop 2k
Dah 2k better dan say dem search me see sk for body by 11pm
Everything na sense

I zoomed on.stepped on gas .
U knw dah 4plug sound on engine on an acura tsx in 70mph shiit.
I did dat the moment i dropped thd 2k
So i lost 2k last nite
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Timekeeper: 11:30am On Mar 22, 2019
igbodefender:

This is hate speech. You deserve a long ban on Nairaland for the rubbish above. The Tekno you are mentioning (real names Augustine Miles Kenechi) would spit on this hate-filled post of yours.

Better change.

Sissy, I know his name but I wanted mumu like u to come and talk... Thanks for talking sha..

Igbo courtious
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by nwadiuko1(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2019
eagleeye2:

Some time ago in the distant past, I heard about one guy the police killed his brother. The guy just armed himself and went to their station and opened fire on them killing about 5 or 6 police people. The rest ran away.
well.......mine is i would pick them one after the other at 6 months interval on code....... if you price you pay
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by jaxxy(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2019
Unprofessional attitude by sm of our policemen is unbecoming and Criminal.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by smalls001: 11:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Sad story. But a lot of Nigerian families have endured the same bitter treatment by the police who unnecessarily take innocent lives but the system / govt have been mute about it for a long time now.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by victor8269: 11:40am On Mar 22, 2019
Timekeeper:

See two igbos disgracing themselves Cox of chicken change (ubi and iyanya) over a yoruba boy money (tekno)
Tekno from Ebonyi state is Yoruba?.Ah, your parents wasted so much sexual energy producing you. Please return ur father's sperm and Mumcy's eggs.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Timekeeper: 11:43am On Mar 22, 2019
victor8269:

Tekno from Ebonyi state is Yoruba?.Ah, your parents wasted so much sexual energy producing you. Please return ur father's sperm and Mumcy's eggs.

Bcox tekno come for East now, we will not rest

His real name is damilola adeluyi tekno
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by badrudeen14: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
I see no reason why we still have sets of criminal called Police in Nigeria, they don't worth living among humans they should b sent to Borno Maiduguri and co.
Re: Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Timekeeper:

how old are you ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RRS Saves Man From Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge / I Train My Kids With Drug Proceeds –suspect (pictured) / Osun Lotto Operator Commits Suicide Over Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.