Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter (27537 Views)

₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week / FG To Take Delivery Of Six Attack Helicopters From Turkey / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by PotatoSalad(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
Chisos
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Reference(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
It ia not a combat gunship. It ia not a troop carrier. It ia not built for aerial surveillance
I doubt if it is armoured at base specs..

Yes they have bought or ordered a helicopter but for the war against insurgency... that is just poppycock....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by foreshore(m): 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Innoxxacs:
2.3b ba? Trust me its never up to that amount, 1/3 of that money has been "chopped"

The aircraft sef fit be tukunbo

Don't you have data? Google it na
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by dival247(m): 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
because Nigerians are mad u mean we brought this this for 2.3 bilooon Naira this is crazy cod this nation si not a producting nation. What is special about this , Nigeria govt should develop our technical aspects to make this country grow faster
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by afoltundeseen(f): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
And thereafter hand it over to book haram
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
afoltundeseen:
And thereafter hand it over to book haram
Lol...grin It's not a combat aircraft sef....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Banmeallday: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2019
STupid blacks....See the armed wing of the British Corporation called Nigger Area lol
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by bluebay(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
I see nothing but flashy Helicopter.. Where are the weapons in it ? Fighting insurgents or they wanna use it on self interest. Awon ode
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by nazicartel(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nigeria for buy d one weh get kakakakakakakaka for body nah... warris dis dat looks like private copter.... was expecting to see the ones they use in America... weh pilot go press something bomb for fall out go destroy things.... ..

jeez what am I even typing.... shit
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by hidhrhis(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
na everything una dey take yet they kill u like ram
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by pacino26(m): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
Troops are in need of gunship and you're bringing in helicopters used by Caverton? You might as well employ Caverton to ferry your troops (Vice president and ministers) while buying gunships for our dear military.

Confused folks in military procurement, na so one take buy house for Dubai with isusu.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by dokyOloye: 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
Triniti:
The nations Air Force has been in dire need of gun ship, that’s why this boys from the Maghreb has been kicking the ass of Nigerian army. Get these soldiers a well equipped mordern AH-64 Apache or an A129 mangusta gunship and a chinook that can deploy a quick response force and see them doing wonders.
I swear.
I was looking forward to seeing a gunship.
An 8 seater helicopter looks more like a transport aircraft.
This looks more like what they'll use to ferry osunbade around in his vote buying missions.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DedeNkem: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Boasting about taking delivery of a substandard product has become a Nigerian culture!
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by teniolav: 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2019
How dem wan buy? Skicam
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Chief of Air Staff's new personal ride

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by safetyboot: 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
The picture am seeing is a civilian passenger helicopter, even catapult will bring it down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by SternProphet: 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
NAF is not buying A109 Power. They are buying A109M LUH. It's the military version of the stupid picture you posted here that they are buying. It will have an armoured cockpit, an auto canon, heavy machine guns, IR/EO for night attacks, rocket pods. It would be able to fire precision guided hydrarockets at targets.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Mesef dey wonder, Augusta for that Matter.....cheesy

it can be upgraded....take out the seats,put in a maschine gun and rocket pods and et voila....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

it can be upgraded....take out the seats,put in a maschine gun and rocket pods and et voila....
Yeah True... Thanks
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Yeah True... Thanks

but military hardware cost alot of money oooo....i dont understand why nigerian local manufacturers dont try to earn in this sector too...
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

but military hardware cost alot of money oooo....i dont understand why nigerian local manufacturers dont try to earn in this sector too...
Lack of support.. I think the government should look into local production of these things...
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Lack of support.. I think the government should look into local production of these things...

their are some companies already like dicon,proforce and even innoson is somehow helpin out....

but you are right,its lack of support from fg....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by sunkieisland(m): 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
I been think say na war helicopter sef.

The thing sef no get ordinary gatlin gun or missile launcher yet Dem wan take am fight insurgency.

Yeye dry small
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
sunkieisland:
I been think say na war helicopter sef.

The thing sef no get ordinary gatlin gun or missile launcher yet Dem wan take am fight insurgency.

Yeye dry small

SternProphet
NAF is not buying A109 Power. They are buying A109M LUH. It's the military version of the stupid picture you posted here that they are buying. It will have an armoured cockpit, an auto canon, heavy machine guns, IR/EO for night attacks, rocket pods. It would be able to fire precision guided hydrarockets at targets.

try to read other peoples comments too....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

their are some companies already like dicon,proforce and even innoson is somehow helpin out....

but you are right,its lack of support from fg....
Can't we get an aircraft manufacturing company in Nigeria? Or am I asking for too much??
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Can't we get an aircraft manufacturing company in Nigeria? Or am I asking for too much??

we nigerians are too docile....we only start movin our butts when shitt hit the fan badly....

if boko haram would have happened in america,america would have gone haywire long ago....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

we nigerians are too docile....we only start movin our butts when shitt hit the fan badly....

if boko haram would have happened in america,america would have gone haywire long ago....
Nigeria :

Fire brigade approach.

Medicine after death.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by planetx: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2019
$6million for this toy helicopter, Nigeria is really a hopeless country.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Nigeria :

Fire brigade approach.

Medicine after death.

i tell you....we are like that....if the rich come toghether,they can easily set up something like that to build this things localy....

but solong they stay behind their walls with body guards and stay rich,they dont care about the poor....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
planetx:
$6million for this toy helicopter, Nigeria is really a hopeless country.

$6million is not that much actualy if you follow international prices index for such stuff....

am more interested in how many of them....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

i tell you....we are like that....if the rich come toghether,they can easily set up something like that to build this things localy....

but solong they stay behind their walls with body guards and stay rich,they dont care about the poor....
Lolgrincheesy
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Lolgrincheesy

i dey lie....??

its the truth....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Revelation Of What Led To The Death Of Obafemi Awolowo / Buhari Drives Tractor, Launches Plateau State Tractor Ownership Scheme (Photos) / Agboola Ajayi Set To Join ZLP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.