Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter (27540 Views)

₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week / FG To Take Delivery Of Six Attack Helicopters From Turkey / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by sunkieisland(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

SternProphet
NAF is not buying A109 Power. They are buying A109M LUH. It's the military version of the stupid picture you posted here that they are buying. It will have an armoured cockpit, an auto canon, heavy machine guns, IR/EO for night attacks, rocket pods. It would be able to fire precision guided hydrarockets at targets.

try to read other peoples comments too....

I love to read but majority of nairalanders read on the front page of a thread and leave their comments

I am just of the opinion that 2.3billion for military carrier helicopter is pricey. Though I know say no be oyingbo market but be rest assured there's been some price adjustment in-house.

How much for private jet sef?
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
justtoodark:

i dey lie....??

its the truth....
You spoke the truth smiley
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by justtoodark: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
sunkieisland:

I love to read but majority of nairalanders read on the front page of a thread and leave their comments

I am just of the opinion that 2.3billion for military carrier helicopter is pricey. Though I know say no be oyingbo market but be rest assured there's been some price adjustment in-house.

How much for private jet sef?

you are right....

nigerians do that alot....

thats why everything cost much more in nigeria....middlemen stuff....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by erayo2GCA(m): 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sorry to burst your bubble! Nigeria cannot afford to spend over a 100 billion naira for just 3 aircrafts

Triniti:
The nations Air Force has been in dire need of gun ship, that’s why this boys from the Maghreb has been kicking the ass of Nigerian army. Get these soldiers a well equipped mordern AH-64 Apache or an A129 mangusta gunship and a chinook that can deploy a quick response force and see them doing wonders.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Creampro: 1:32am On Mar 23, 2019
Nansense!

Helicopter that does not have infrared, heat seeking and night vision camera for night time operations from the sky....is that one combat helicopter
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 23, 2019
justtoodark:

SternProphet
NAF is not buying A109 Power. They are buying A109M LUH. It's the military version of the stupid picture you posted here that they are buying. It will have an armoured cockpit, an auto canon, heavy machine guns, IR/EO for night attacks, rocket pods. It would be able to fire precision guided hydrarockets at targets.

try to read other peoples comments too....
i dont think it will have heavy machine guns,rocket pods
This copter here is a medium light utility helicopter
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by 1000angstroms(m): 4:38am On Mar 23, 2019
Charly68:
Thank God for PMB at least we are sure they aren't bringing us refurbished helicopter like the other Govt ..God Nigeria army .
Don't be a daft celebrating mediocrity, how can your brain be used as margarine for bread? That thing ain't a military helicopter, it a passenger helicopter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by SternProphet: 7:12am On Mar 23, 2019
1000angstroms:

Don't be a daft celebrating mediocrity, how can your brain be used as margarine for bread? That thing ain't a military helicopter, it a passenger helicopter.

That thing in the picture is not what Buhari is buying. Buhari is buying six of the militarized version. He slso bought 4 heavy attack helicopter, the MI 35M for about $35m each. One of the very expensive MI 35M has crashed this month or last . This light helicopter military version will do almost the same thing and it's only $6.3m. The NAF only uses it for operations against lightly defended herdsmen and bandit camps. It's also useful for some operations against Boko Harem. It is a very brilliant decision to juggle the numbers of this helicopter instead of a few maintenance intensive MI 35M.

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Reference(m): 7:23am On Mar 23, 2019
SternProphet:

Okay, slightly better but if you can get an Augusta there is no reason why you cannot get a better combat helicopter. The Americans and Russians build the best combat helos in the world. Sorry, I don't buy this tale until seen.

My two cents is that it is actually for VIP transport and PR wants to score cheap points branding it an airforce combat aquisition. Its been ages since Nigeria bought European weaponry.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Reference(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2019
SternProphet:

That thing in the picture is not what Buhari is buying. Buhari is buying six of the militarized version. He slso bought 4 heavy attack helicopter, the MI 35M for about $35m each. One of the very expensive MI 35M has crashed this month or last . This light helicopter military version will do almost the same thing and it's only $6.3m. The NAF only uses it for operations against lightly defended herdsmen and bandit camps. It's also useful for some operations against Boko Harem. It is a very brilliant decision to juggle the numbers of this helicopter instead of a few maintenance intensive MI 35M.

Oga not true. The Augusta will NEVER be cheaper to operate or maintain. And if its munitions are not compatible with the Russian aircraft (which is highly unlikely) then it is not a wise decision. You cannot mix and match or operate multiple incompatible weapon platforms when finances are dire. Fetch another excuse.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Triniti(m): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2019
dokyOloye:

I swear.
I was looking forward to seeing a gunship.
An 8 seater helicopter looks more like a transport aircraft.
This looks more like what they'll use to ferry osunbade around in his vote buying missions.
I know right, i was surprised seeing that toy too. Right now,the air force does not even need fighter jet as much, what they need is gun ship at their disposal which they don’t have. I saw a video where these rag tag boys overan a mediocre army base with ease, looting all the weapons and ammunition there. That was when I saw the mediocrity of the Nigerian armed forces, no call in for reinforcements was made, the soldiers ran up the hills tail in between their legs. If one gunship had made it way into that theatre, it would have saved the armed forces the disgrace they suffered that day, that video was heart wrenching.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Cannonleo(m): 7:45am On Mar 23, 2019
Another flying italian coffin, we could have simply gotten another MI-34P GUNSHIP or 129 or refurbish our Super Puma Helicopers
Than buying this 8 seat wonder with little offensive value .

We have had more helo crashes with this 109 than any helo even the BO helos in storage
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Triniti(m): 7:49am On Mar 23, 2019
erayo2GCA:
Sorry to burst your bubble! Nigeria cannot afford to spend over a 100 billion naira for just 3 aircrafts

And who said we can’t? Are we that poor? That’s less an amount politicians siphon daily. If Nigeria sets it priority right, they can buy 10 modern attack copters for the air force. Look at all the billions wasted by the snake master buratai, and nothing to show for it
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by texazzpete(m): 7:51am On Mar 23, 2019
discusant:
Nigeria has no external enemy.

You acquire military aircrafts upandan, instead of providing wealth for Nigerians...

What are you afraid of?

Restructure Nigeria away from this rogue political structure created by Arewa soldiers,
not acquire military wares for potential dissident groups in Nigeria.

You must have them dissident groups soon nyafu nyafu,

without restructuring the country's lopsided political structure which assigned quasi ownership of Nigeria to Fulani.

Are you a Boko Haram member in disguise?

Or perhaps an oil bunkering militant ?

We're fighting insurgency in the North and militants in the Delta. Attack helicopters are what we need desperately at this point. Yet you're complaining.

You really don't mean well for this country at all.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Section7: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Give us beta apache na
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by noisy45(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Triniti:
The nations Air Force has been in dire need of gun ship, that’s why this boys from the Maghreb has been kicking the ass of Nigerian army. Get these soldiers a well equipped mordern AH-64 Apache or an A129 mangusta gunship and a chinook that can deploy a quick response force and see them doing wonders.

America and Russia will never sell its latest military hardware to us
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by bizzibodi(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2019
I hope na 10 choppers they will buy,do AW don gun ships?why not but Apache or Cobra gunship?
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Rockyrascal(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2019
Gej as done it again.... God bless Gej grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Triniti(m): 8:48am On Mar 23, 2019
noisy45:

America and Russia will never sell its latest military hardware to us
we don’t need the latest, the ones from ten years ago can do the job.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Charly68: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2019
1000angstroms:

We know your type,keep ranting
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by noisy45(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
Triniti:
we don’t need the latest, the ones from ten years ago can do the job.

They won't either
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by Triniti(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
noisy45:

They won't either
The reason they won’t is far from the angle you are coming from, they are willing to sell,but the Nigerian armed forces has a very huge history of human abuse, which the international community took note of. But they can still get attack helicopters from Russia, if truly, they were serious in doing so.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by saucelake231(m): 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Mesef dey wonder, Augusta for that Matter.....cheesy
I no understand too oo...that thing am seeing those not look like a war chopper...... this chopper looks like that of dangote....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by saucelake231(m): 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
bluebay:
I see nothing but flashy Helicopter.. Where are the weapons in it ? Fighting insurgents or they wanna use it on self interest. Awon ode
...lol....the weapons are invincible...them think say we be fool...another way of stealing.... and that thing them buy for 2b+.....I sorry for nija
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by saucelake231(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
SternProphet:

now your talking...so why is the op showing us otedola chopper before....
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
saucelake231:
I no understand too oo...that thing am seeing those not look like a war chopper...... this chopper looks like that of dangote....
[color=#990000] Though someone said it can be configured, have guns mounted on it...
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by bluebay(m): 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
saucelake231:
...lol....the weapons are invincible...them think say we be fool...another way of stealing.... and that thing them buy for 2b+.....I sorry for nija
that money is enough to purchase 4 armored tanks.. Nigerians just foolish. The money they using in purchasing aircraft do they think they can use it in battling the terrorist hiding inside cave and inside the forest? All they need is armored tanks and Ravees to comb the forest. Assault of a week can get this done..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by 1000angstroms(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2019
SternProphet:

Thanks for enlightening me, I never knew there is a militarised variant.
Re: Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter by tck2000(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Hope it. An be armed with machine guns and other big guns to aid the soldiers on the ground and if not then it's useless . We find need choppers that can only do surveillance and transport of Phase at the top.
We need combat choppers that can launch missiles accurately to bokoharam targets to aid the corofo soldiers or infantry
True

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items / Motion: 22 APC Northern Senators ‘working Against Buhari’ / Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.