Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews (3563 Views)

Opidy: Your Reviews Are Needed On This Startup Social Network / How To Create A Simple Web-based Chat Application / Chattabox Needs Your Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by lordbenax(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2010
Hi guys, my team and I just created a bluetooth chat application for Java Phones. We want you guys to take a look at it and give us honest reviews. You can either mail us through mailbox@ephodng.com or post at this thread. The links for download are http://www.ephodng.com/store.aspx or http://www.getjar.com/mobile/39612/chattabox/ Thanks

Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by hakunajay(m): 8:04am On Sep 06, 2010
Can it work on symbian phones too?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by lordbenax(m): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2010
Yes. It does!
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by tundebabzy: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
meanwhile, your PayXress is 'strange'. Your description of the product is for that of a very unsecure product. Are you sure there was any research into this your method?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by lordbenax(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2010
@tundebabzy, we appreciate, but u cant just go on posting ur fears, and disallowin people frm cin tins demselves. Also about PayXpress, it works nd we've got it growing. Besides we r a startup company run by a very youthful team and we're going to storm. Also how cme we've neva heard bout u?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by tundebabzy: 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
well, you asked for it. Or didn't you? If you don't like it, ignore it. Is that too hard?
Me I was just wondering how you can secure data without securing the connection. If you don't secure the connection, you can have a middle-man attack where the attacker sends data and intercepts it before it gets to the receiver. By doing this, he can use clever algorithms to decode whatever encryption might have been used. Anyway, you can just ignore my comments. Anyway, sorry for seemingly picking on you; I won't do it again
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by kambo(m): 3:20am On Sep 11, 2010
interesting ,
but doesnt bluetooth mean i have to be in the same room as the person i'm chatting with- why not holler to my homeboy!!! (kidding)
- can't holler at a serious conference.can pretend to b chekking my sms
(while chatting away).
angry
is your job advert still valid (on your website!!)
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by lordbenax(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2010
@kambo, sure it is!
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2010
tundebabzy is only even giving useful contribution based on what he knows can be a loop hole.

Best idea is to enhance security either in this version or the next, or if you feel his comment is bad or out of line, ignore it!

In the foreign world, fears and loopholes are often exposed, so developers can correct before hackers capitalize on them, that's why we have many deprecated functions!

By the way, great development! Good for blue-tooth toasting, free of charge! grin
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by sunnyben: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2010
It's a very great idea.

I saw Samsung on the site where i downloaded it, but it's not compatible with my Samsung D880.

Anything i can do about these?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2010
-
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by netghost: 6:17am On Oct 11, 2010
its ok, but i my own view, y do nigerians keep recreating existing softwares, especially when those already existing are better

google it and u will see hundreds of free bluetooth chat softwares, some even allow phone hacking

u have to give me a reason to choose urs
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by dellnet: 11:52am On Oct 11, 2010
Because it is made in Nigeria by a Nigerian you butt hole. If you don't have anything good to say why don't you shut the f up?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Dolemite(f): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2010
netghost:

its ok, but i my own view, y do nigerians keep recreating existing softwares, especially when those already existing are better

google it and u will see hundreds of free bluetooth chat softwares, some even allow phone hacking

True but this one was made locally, but I see your point perhaps the developers could do something else like Nigerian themed smiley faces?

dell_net:

Because it is made in Nigeria by a Nigerian you butt hole.
Not a very good reason. undecided
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by netghost: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
dell_net:

Because it is made in Nigeria by a Nigerian you butt hole. If you don't have anything good to say why don't you shut the f up?

its a pity, your obviously a slowpoke,so because its made in 9ja i should do away with my current product that works well and work with an inferior one, GOD PLS DELIVER MY PEOPLE FROM IGNORANCE

its a nice try, i commend their effort, but they have to give me a reason, "OUTSIDE PITY", why i should change from my current product to theirs
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by dellnet: 5:06am On Oct 12, 2010
Dolemite:

Not a very good reason. undecided
I think you should stop using nairaland then.

netghost:

its a pity, your obviously a slowpoke,so because its made in 9ja i should do away with my current product that works well and work with an inferior one, GOD PLS DELIVER MY PEOPLE FROM IGNORANCE

its a nice try, i commend their effort, but they have to give me a reason, "OUTSIDE PITY", why i should change from my current product to theirs

Like I said if you don't have anything good to say you can stick your mouth in your butt. Your current product that works well I am sure is a release upon releases (you can know by checking the version). If you know anything about reviews why don't you suggest some improvements to the OP saying ok is just "o" + "k" = "meaningless in reviews" at least for someone coming up with bluetooth JSP should be capable of doing more. Pretty much you are the one that needs deliverance.
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2010
netghost:

That's a totally ignorant statement. The poster never attempted making you switch to his product. He requested for your opinion.
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by netghost: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2010
@dell, your obviously ignorant

@don, i have alot of respect for u, based on previous comments and post, and am sure i still do, so i wont insult u, i just want to believe u did not understand me so i will try again, am giving the poster exactly what he asked for "something to think about", the application is not meant to be a free one that means the poster actually expects to make money from it, if he want people to pay for a product online he has to give them a good reason to do that especially when their are completly free products, and no one especially nigerians will pay for a product that does what the free products do,

we are expected to pay for an ativation code!!! who does that?, u pay people to test your software not the other way round, abi na open source
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2010
netghost:

@dell, your obviously ignorant

@don, i have alot of respect for u, based on previous comments and post, and am sure i still do, so i wont insult u, i just want to believe u did not understand me so i will try again, am giving the poster exactly what he asked for "something to think about", the application is not meant to be a free one that means the poster actually expects to make money from it, if he want people to pay for a product online he has to give them a good reason to do that especially when their are completly free products, and no one especially nigerians will pay for a product that does what the free products do,

we are expected to pay for an ativation code!!! who does that?, u pay people to test your software not the other way round, abi na open source

First Bolded means Insulting is one of your hobby. Guess i never made any statement that should warrant being insulted. Just a new reason to stay off you!

Some points should be made in a good and cool light, and other will respect them. But did i hear you say, to review, one needs to activate. I mean with pay.

That's not done anywhere. A trial version is what is ought to have been released, for review purpose. So i get your point!

True, he has to be convincing that his product is worth paying for, at least just for review. That does not make for doubt and criticism. Moreover, some things that are open source have their commecial couleague!

It's the software developer that decides that. PHP is free others may not be. That does not make others out of business totally, or regarded in a bad light!
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by netghost: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
Donpuzo:

That's a totally ignorant statement.

tell me that i  dont have the right to be offended by that, especially when i know what am talking about

Donpuzo:

First Bolded means Insulting is one of your hobby. Guess i never made any statement that should warrant being insulted. Just a new reason to stay off you!

whats that suppose to mean?, is the statement based on previous experience or an assumption, as i stated earlier i respect u based on previous comments lets keep it that way
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
@netghost. I speak ignorantly most times grin grin grin What made you mention "OUTSIDE PITY"

However, if you think someone stating that a statement was made out of ignorance is an insult, then that's just about another sign of ignorance of simple grammatical syntax! tongue tongue tongue

You are my pal so i must tell you how things should go! angry
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by netghost: 7:49am On Oct 13, 2010
Donpuzo:

You are my pal so i must tell you how things should go! angry

tongue grin

i don hear

what language do you code in?
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by lordbenax(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
It's like i went on hibernation, all this happened?! All the insults?! LMFAO! Aniways, thanks to all the guys who were on my side cheesy and the rest, thanks too!
Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by Fayimora(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
[size=16pt]
Firstly, I think you should have released a free version first. By free version I mean the same app with 60-80% of main features disabled!

Secondly, how about a video demonstration to show that the app is legit and actually working? The main features must be demonstrated in this tutorial.  BTW, am not saying you aren't legit, just an opinion to keep you on the safe side.

Thirdly, you do not have a 'reviews' section. When users use your app, you should give them the opportunity to place a review. That should be on your website right below the download button.  Also, you should not allow users who havent purchased the app to add reviews. Thats the only way you can receive the right reviews. You don't wanna have to be reading crap from haters.

Fourthly, Try not to leave un-updated/non-functional/un-kept/un-used pages lying around on the site. Its better you display an under construction message(on that page) or you dont even show a link to it or redirect any access to 404.

On a fifth note, I dont know how it works in Nigeria but contact us with mobile numberssss? Really? Sounds awful to me! If you don't have a company number I would advice you stick to contact forms and emails. On a worse note, you should have just 1 mobile number which would be open only during working hours. Again, am not sure how it works in Nigeria but that shows how serious and legit you are. I think the right sentence to use is "You are underselling yourself by giving them private details" cheesy.

Finally, sorry I dont have feedback on the app itself. I just cant get pass the screen below(image below).

[/size]

Re: Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews by raven009: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2019
thanks for sharing this is very informative page.

(1) (Reply)

100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners / My Purple Website / How I Transitioned Into Tech.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.