Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

How I Transitioned Into Tech. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How I Transitioned Into Tech. (3549 Views)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2022
Hi guys!!
In my previous threads, i requested for help on how to dive into tech, where to start and all. I always appreciate the swift response from bosses here. thanks alot. the journey has'nt been sweet actually!! there's been alot of learning , mistakes and relearning but i,m glad i did,nt give up, still wont give up. this is not a success story yet oo, i'm still broke and have not earned a dime from tech but i believe i will soon.
i just built my portfolio with basic html, css and vanilla js. i'd appreciate constructive criticism and internship opportunities, paid or unpaid.

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by T0BY(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2022
Nice one.. kudos
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by squash47(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2022
Nice one chief. Hope you understand how the scripting language works ?
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by shilenji(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2022
Tech is the way bro
Tech is the future.
The earlier this is realised,the better it is for whoever. It's not easy tho, it's very hard to learn hence the hooge pay. I myself have begun my tech journey (cloud architecture). Any pointers or tips from the tech bros of NL will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Starpro87(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2022
jansonn:
Hi guys!!
In my previous threads, i requested for help on how to dive into tech, where to start and all. I always appreciate the swift response from bosses here. thanks alot. the journey has'nt been sweet actually!! there's been alot of learning , mistakes and relearning but i,m glad i did,nt give up, still wont give up. this is not a success story yet oo, i'm still broke and have not earned a dime from tech but i believe i will soon.
i just built my portfolio with basic html, css and vanilla js. i'd appreciate constructive criticism and internship opportunities, paid or unpaid.
https://ugbss.github.io/My-portfolio/my%20portfolio/

Good day, op.
I'm a newbie that wants to journey into Tech too, please what is the first step toward this adventure?
Note: I have got a pc for this task.
Thanks boss, as I await your little way of coaching.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2022
Starpro87:

Good day, op.
I'm a newbie that wants to journey into Tech too, please what is the first step toward this adventure?
Note: I have got a pc for this task.
Thanks boss, as I await your little way of coaching.
I started with microverse.org
Just like you now, I stumbled upon it some months back. It kinda orders your learning.

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Maxxim: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nice one boss, it really looks clean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jesmond3945: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
jansonn:
Hi guys!!
https://ugbss.github.io/My-portfolio/my%20portfolio/
You are a medical doctor, why the switch?
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
jesmond3945:

You are a medical doctor, why the switch?
Well, I'm not totally switching just adding a new skill

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Ajaxjay1996: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
I want to add something from people transitioning into tech. It's important not to focus on "becoming" but on just "doing" Enjoy it, understand it. Don't put yourself under pressure by dreaming about fat remote salaries. All those come naturally when you have enough to offer. Heck even if they don't come you can build your own software and sell that shit or have a startup you can get $$$ for. If you are getting into tech with this scarcity mentality it might not really be too comfortable. If you need money, get side jobs or gigs, go into crypto or Forex or nfts. Those are some of the get rich schemes( provided you know them well. But tech needs your attention to learning and calm. That's all from my end.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2022
Ajaxjay1996:
I want to add something from people transitioning into tech. It's important not to focus on "becoming" but on just "doing" Enjoy it, understand it. Don't put yourself under pressure by dreaming about fat remote salaries. All those come naturally when you have enough to offer. Heck even if they don't come you can build your own software and sell that shit or have a startup you can get $$$ for. If you are getting into tech with this scarcity mentality it might not really be too comfortable. If you need money, get side jobs or gigs, go into crypto or Forex or nfts. Those are some of the get rich schemes( provided you know them well. But tech needs your attention to learning and calm. That's all from my end.
✔️✔️✔️
But that Forex ehn, it has pummeled so many traders like the way Mike Tyson knocked out opponents in his prime.

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by mrfizy(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2022
Nice.
Your accordion doesn't close on click.Is that a feature or a bug?
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by TastyFriedPussy: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2022
jansonn:
Hi guys!!
And it will never be sweet for you in Jesus name... so you're even a medical doctor transitioned into tech? You and other medical doctors and pharmacists trying to go into coding are very big he-goats tongue idiots in the making that will only end up failing. tongue Thunder scatter all of you. What happened to your medical field? Or you guys no longer want to make your parents proud again? You people always belittle people who intended to study Computer science that year, calling them all sorts of names, saying rubbish about the course and people who study them. But now na the same CS all of una don dey rush come, bunch of idiots tongue you're gonna fail woefully in this field I assure you that, you won't earn shishi from it, better go and face your medicine jejely, rubbish tongue

You people use to see your selves as Demi Gods in the society, every parent wanted their kids to study medicine even if the child does not want to, just attain one yeye social status and be called a medical doctor, (my son is a medical doctor, my daughter is a medical doctor. All those yeye stereotypes)... You and your parents would be looking down on CS students calling them all sorts of derogatory names, saying they will end up as phone repairers on the streets. Back then, A child in the average Nigerian home can't say he wants to study CS without getting instantly rebuked by his parents just because of the same stereotype. That was how my dad refused me to study my CS five years ago after secondary school. Instead he forced me to go study pharmacy, just because he wants to use me to brag to his friends who's children are also medical doctors and pharmacists. Now I'm a drop out because I couldn't continue the useless course and he's being blaming me even since. Rubbish... And I'm even sure you never had passion for medicine, you only wanted to study it just to look good to the society and your parents... Rubbish tongue

You guys should better face your medicine and pharmacy, leave programming alone ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. idiots tongue
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
And it will never be sweet for you in Jesus name... so you're even a medical doctor transitioned into tech? You and other medical doctors and pharmacists trying to go into coding are very big he-goats tongue idiots in the making that will only end up failing. tongue Thunder scatter all of you. What happened to your medical field? Or you guys no longer want to make your parents proud again? You people always belittle people who intended to study Computer science that year, calling them all sorts of names, saying rubbish about the course and people who study them. But now na the same CS all of una don dey rush come, bunch of idiots tongue you're gonna fail woefully in this field I assure you that, you won't earn shishi from it, better go and face your medicine jejely, rubbish tongue

You people use to see your selves as Demi Gods in the society, every parent wanted their kids to study medicine even if the child does not want to, just attain one yeye social status and be called a medical doctor, (my son is a medical doctor, my daughter is a medical doctor. All those yeye stereotypes)... You and your parents would be looking down on CS students calling them all sorts of derogatory names, saying they will end up as phone repairers on the streets. Back then, A child in the average Nigerian home can't say he wants to study CS without getting instantly rebuked by his parents just because of the same stereotype. That was how my dad refused me to study my CS five years ago after secondary school. Instead he forced me to go study pharmacy, just because he wants to use me to brag to his friends who's children are also medical doctors and pharmacists. Now I'm a drop out because I couldn't continue the useless course and he's being blaming me even since. Rubbish... And I'm even sure you never had passion for medicine, you only wanted to study it just to look good to the society and your parents... Rubbish tongue

You guys should better face your medicine and pharmacy, leave programming alone ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. idiots tongue
I don't know if you're trolling or being serious, the only thing I can assure you, is put this energy to something productive, if not those who you are insulting will be in a bigger position while you focus on negativity. A word is enough for the wise. You've seen threads of people learning in short months and getting something.

At the end of the day, those who are studying are not moved by your statements.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2022
jansonn:
Hi guys!!

Don't waste your medical background, Medical Tech is a thing too.

3 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

It gets boring when you tell it for the 100th time.

We've heard you man. Your family sucked! They ruined your life. bla bla bla

Now REST! You don't have to derail every thread with this story

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by bennyflipy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by bennyflipy(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

I thought you were normal sha

But I was actually very wrong.

You're a big, fat akuya sha.

5 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Cheap condom for save us of unwanted pregnancy like you. Na your unseriousness make you drop out from pharmacy school, your dad was wise just that be birthed a fool. That same attitude will still make you drop out of tech too.Fun fact!! I go do the medicine, and I go still do the tech come Sabi am pass you whe invest your entire life on top. Success has track records. Maybe you should try to be successful at one thing in your life apart from being an arrogant fool that still feeds of his parents. Las las, you go still meet me for hospital still tell me sir. I be you boss dude, no follow me drag.

6 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
qtguru:

Don't waste your medical background, Medical Tech is a thing too.
Yes sir
I'm not
I'm actually looking into med tech sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by jansonn(m): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2022
mrfizy:
Nice.
Your accordion doesn't close on click.Is that a feature or a bug?
It works oo
I just checked again
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by tosinhtml: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

YOU ARE JUST A NONENTITY!

This poster is not the cause of your problems in life & he was not the one who insisted that you study Pharmacy. Please go and settle whatever grudge you had with your father, that is nobody's business on Nairaland, my own is quit acting like a spoilt brat that you are.

He studied Medicine & surgery, then moved into tech. Please how is that your business or that of your family members?

I can assure you that this poster will eventually become successful while you're here blaming your parents for their own mistakes with you. He will earn money from this tech insha allah!.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by tosinhtml: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
jansonn:
Hi guys!!

OP just continue, whether med-tech or just tech. There is no way you would continue learning from now to February 25th 2023 election day that you wouldn't have grabbed a lot of knowledge. ASUU strike isn't going any where for now, as Buhari isn't going on another term therefore he doesn't care if students forfeit their education. So just continue the Internship.

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by ichidodo: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
qtguru:

I don't know if you're trolling or being serious, the only thing I can assure you, is put this energy to something productive, if not those who you are insulting will be in a bigger position while you focus on negativity. A word is enough for the wise. You've seen threads of people learning in short months and getting something.

At the end of the day, those who are studying are not moved by your statements.

But you must admit that the guy has a point, why this bandwagon interest in Tech? The OP should stick to his own field and not muddy the water for others, simple.

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
ichidodo:
But you must admit that the guy has a point, why this bandwagon interest in Tech? The OP should stick to his own field and not muddy the water for others, simple.

that's a myopic way of looking at things.

5 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
There's no point telling people Tech is not for them, who are interested will stay and others will either move to something else. I know many programmers who dropped out from coding to QA, DevOps and other things. Programming is not 100% of Tech, but the likes of NotLikeAKing, TastelessFriedPussy and dodgefraud are not informed so they act negative to others , I don't know if it's insecurity, but it's sure immature as hell.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
I will say it again this programming section on NL is a joke, it's full of people tearing each other down. My personal advice , just form your own community and leave this Platform, on reddit they are encouraging others to learn code, but it's here idiots are doing the crab bucket thing.

11 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
ichidodo:
He has no point whatever and spends more time being a nuisance to the section than he does actually contributing anything worthwhile

Nigerians have this thing where they spend so much time policing others instead of improving themselves

"Tech" is nobody's assign field or birthright. Whether or not anyone from anywhere wants to transition into it, they can and should.
Doing tech is not even easy, so anyone that stays earns his right to stay

Las Las, your sentiments won't stop or deter them. Makes me wonder why you bother with the gatekeeping

PS: a medical doctor that can add tech to this routine is doing what any of you wouldn't even dream of attempting. Maybe work harder before someone juggling medicine and tech kicks your ass at "you own field"

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
DrLevi:

He has no point whatever and spends more time being a nuisance to the section than he does actually contributing anything worthwhile

Nigerians have this thing where they spend so much time policing others instead of improving themselves

"Tech" is nobody's assign field or birthright. Whether or not anyone from anywhere wants to transition into it, they can and should.

Las Las, your sentiments won't stop or deter them. Makes me wonder why you bother with the gatekeeping

PS: a medical doctor that can add tech to this routine is doing what any of you wouldn't even dream of attempting. Maybe work harder before someone juggling medicine and tech kicks your ass at "you own field"

Beautifully put, no worries when people start algo interviews they will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Karleb(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2022
ichidodo:

All fields are open to all.

If you want to study medicine, pharmacy or law today, smash your Jamb and postume and you will be offered admission or you could just buy the admission. undecided

Tech is even harder because it's takes time and you have to know what you are doing unlike in school where you can pay or cheat your way through, buy a job and become a quack doctor, killing people and earning government money until you retire.

3 Likes

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Karleb(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
qtguru:
I will say it again this programming section on NL is a joke, it's full of people tearing each other down. My personal advice , just form your own community and leave this Platform, on reddit they are encouraging others to learn code, but it's here idiots are doing the crab bucket thing.

Bros, there are trolls everywhere.

The fact that people came to OP's rescue shows NL is not a lost course.

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by ichidodo: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
DrLevi:

I'm sorry bro but that's just bullsh**t to be honest...We have to police in Tech so it doesn't go the way of others especially when those who don't know better think there's some flamboyance in the area only to find out how harrowing and difficult it is, then they fall out and disabuse the minds of some young tech talents out there, to believe that tech is an impossibility.... Stick to your field, at least there you are cossetted and worshipped but here in Tech, its a field for pioneers, adventurers and the brave heart...Like the wild wild west ,It's for those with passion, hunger for success especially when they have nothing and you think your medical degree gives you a hall pass? f**k no. You're going to get crushed and broken, don't say you weren't warned.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TimeCoin - Developers wanted / The Door-Goat-Car Logic Problem / Niit Or Aptech ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.