Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada (26941 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by kevoh(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
Atigba:

which civil servant work pay 260k in Nigeria, are you permanent secretary or director in the ministry.

You don't deserve my advice because you are a liar.

As one time accountant in the civil service, I know their salary structure.
Lol....take it easy. She says it's hers and her husband's salary combined.

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by BarristerAlarig: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
Contumely:

This dimwit that has not crossed murtala Airport is always on every travel thread spewing gibberish.

Your moniker bears barrister, when you are not one.

Why would you be answering barrister here. You are not a lawyer and not even in the process of becoming one.

You are a third rate stripling basking in the euphoria of having a virgin passport.

Spits!

Oga, what thread have I been on spewing gibberish?? I clearly stated the obvious, and although I admit my method was wrong( I have apologized already) but I guess you were too dumb or too blinded by hate to notice.

What does me bearing the title "Barrister" has to to with anything?? Do I use it officially?? I am an honourable/intending speaker in my school and most people know me by only my NL moniker.

Can't I use my AKA as a moniker?? What exactly is your problem??

You that have a "disvirgined" passport, we are yet to know your achievements.

Don't ever quote me!

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by XTHRONE(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
BarristerAlarig:
To believe OP is a lawyer is plausible. Her written English is very basic, more like what a Junior Secondary School student in one of those poorly funded public schools would write like.

And to believe she had to come here to ask such questions is annoying! Do your research people!!! Stop making it easy for scammers to scam you. If you aren't sure about something, send a mail to the embassy or visit their website..

Some people self. Lawyer my @$$

Don't be stupid, what's wrong with u, Mr Perfect, she is asking for advice, no one knows it all, once again don't be stupid. As long as she communicates and we understood her,she is good to go, abi u want her to speak like Patrick abeg... That man from Edo, I be forgotten his last name. Nawa for some people

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by frozen70(f): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
For the whole family to leave the country at once is not a child's play

You guys have to start afresh over there

I suggest you go with the children and watch the way life is being lived over there and let your husband be home in naija

As you struggle you give him updates

With time you the woman will understand situations and know if you guys are settling there or not

Within the time he is in naija, he will be tidying up things incase he too is joining you guys over there

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ugosample(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I trust my friend Ugosample will soon attack you for this post, just wait minute grin

why would I want to attack him? cheesy

everyone has their choice to make

whether to raise their kids in a morally bankrupt third world failed $hithole

or to raise their kids elsewhere

why would I criticise anyone for their choice? cheesy

I have made mine

others should make theirs

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by BarristerAlarig: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
XTHRONE:

Don't be stupid, what's wrong with u, Mr Perfect, she is asking for advice, no one knows it all, once again don't be stupid. As long as she communicates and we understood her,she is good to go, abi u want her to speak like Patrick abeg... That man from Edo, I be forgotten his last name. Nawa for some people

Well, I expect better from graduates, especially LAW GRADUATES......

Maybe my expectations were too high.

Then again, you are the stupid one. What else can I do if not to tender a sincere apology which I have done already?

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ugosample(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
kevoh:

Lol....take it easy. She says it's hers and her husband's salary combined.
that one did not read to understand
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by jjohndoe83: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Hello MR or Mrs lawyer. What is the simple first definition of research on google? For your info, when you are doing a research, there is a section of it rolled out called ''questionnaires''. research is just a systematic investigation to get fats which may come from inquiries or studying. Her creating a thread here is a very good one for her because she has really been getting very good answers to her research. And who told you she hasn't been reading other stuffs? If you feel too busy to assist her in the research, why not leave others who are happily assisting her. So because she is a lawyer she shouldn't ask questions here? The materials you asked her to go and study were they all written by lawyers? Maybe she should only be looking for lawyers' materials.
Well done.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by XTHRONE(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

Well, I expect better from graduates, especially LAW GRADUATES......

Maybe my expectations were too high.

Then again, you are the stupid one. What else can I do if not to tender a sincere apology which I have done already?

Get lost, Mr Know it all, get lost with your inconsequential apology, no one cares, learn to be soft on people as u wouldn't like people to be harsh on u. I guess u never liked me addressing u as stupid, do you know the impact of your rebuke on that poor woman, there are many ways to correct people, insulting them is out of it.And don't forget English is not her mother tongue. Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Nsarug80: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Madam, you're about embarking on a self destruct mission to Canada if you leave your job. A Grade Level 10 civil servant has a better prospect to succeed than someone living in Canada. Forget about your meagre salary & focus on where you'll be on the job in a few years. My Dad has been to over 100 countries of the world as a civil servant in my state & would be retiring this year. Those advising you to travel to Canada to pick up an unskilled job really do not mean well for you or they do not have the kind of job you have. You can travel to any part of the world with your current job. It's just a matter of time.

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by BarristerAlarig: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
XTHRONE:

Get lost, Mr Know it all, get lost with your inconsequential apology, no one cares, learn to be soft on people as u wouldn't like people to be harsh on u. I guess u never liked me addressing u as stupid, do you know the impact of your rebuke on that poor woman, there are many ways to correct people, insulting them is out of it.And don't forget English is not her mother tongue. Have a nice day.

All that on top bad English.

If English isn't her mother's tongue, isn't it her official language?? Was she instructed in her mother's tongue?? Did she write exams in her mother's tongue? Was her bar exams administered in her mother's tongue?

And some of you Wonder why Universities in English countries require English language proficiency test scores from Nigerians. It's because of people like you. Imagine mailing the international office of a German university asking for a toelf/ielts waiver with such terrible written English.

Y'all should stop quoting me. I simply said the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by famzynet: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
For your IELTS,you can pass it with self study. Get the materials on your phone and study. As a lawyer,you don't need to pay anyone to help you study to pass. You need lots of data for YouTube videos as someone said. I started studying one and half month to exam( about 2-3 hrs 4 or5 days in a week) and I got 7.5, 8, 7.5, and 7.5. If someone in medical line can do it,I expect a lawyer to pass better with less than a month of study. Lawyers are known to be gurus at English.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
After reading through it seems more like scam thread softly
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ripakurshon: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
graceajunwa:
Hi am in a bit of dilemma my husband and I are both civil servants am also a lawyer and our take home put together is about 260k per month. We have two kids of ages three and four we have a good opportunity to travel to Canada with a job offer but under unskilled worker.

Am thinking of a better life for my kids but a bit confused cos of d fear of d unknown. Will it be wise to leave our jobs considering Canada has a good education system secondly we also intend schooling when we get there so we can get better work places pls what ur advice on this we are really in a fix what ur opinion for those that have been there

I have been a Guest on Nairaland for years and I some minutes ago opened a profile on here so I can write you this message. I Reside in Scarborough ON in Canada and I have been in this country for awhile now. Trust me Miss, I believe you should know better. Regardless of what you have and do not have Educationally, if you can work then you will be most definitely Ok in Canada. Canada or any other Country is not a place where u go and don’t work, besides, there is nothing to do than to work. It can be boring, especially during winter when there isn’t a lot of owambes lol, but in the summer there are lots to do. For your Kids, it would be the best Gift you can give them, Canada don’t joke with Education, it is free till they get to college. Loads of Opportunities awaits yours kids and if you train them rightly then be rest assured that their future is secured.My advise, You all should go to Canada
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Nsarug80: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
Madam, you are about to embark on a self destruct mission to Canada if you get carried away by the illusion that life is rosy over there. As a Level 10 civil servant you have a better prospect making it here in Nigeria than elsewhere. My Dad is a civil servant & has been to over 100 countries of the world & would be retiring this year. The salary is quite small no doubt, but look beyond that & focus on where you'll be in a few years time as a civil servant. By the time you return from Canada & discover that some of your colleagues are Directors & Permanent Secretaries, you'll be very unhappy with yourself. I want you to also note that those advising you to leave your job for canada probably do not have a permanent job- no insult intended please. You can send your kids to any part of the world for studies if you so desire. It's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ripakurshon: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
graceajunwa:

We are not going as visitors I may Ned to ask d agent d type of visa he is getting for us. Once our visa is ready we were asked to pay certain amount of money that will cover our rent for one year. Note this money will only be paid once we hv our visa, also d plan includes getting a job for us in other words d job will b made available for us. Initially we were told we couldn’t go with d kids until after six months we send for them . But when I them they were jus below 5 he said it’s ok for them to come along cos it would hv Ben more difficult if Dey were above 10 years.

Lest I forget, I will suggest you be careful with Agent o, Like someone in this Thread rightly said about you having a plan before making the trip, outside of Nigeria, Nigerians aren’t friendly to each other and don’t ever put your mind to ppl’s promises about anything, they will most definitely stand you up and or make you go thru hell, be sure you have someone here who is ready to put you thru surviving here, I know some employers look for foreign workers but don’t let anyone scan you saying they have bla bla bla here. Be sure you do your findings right about the visa, accommodation and job as the said agent promised you. I can confirm it to you, Nigerians can mess with you in a Foreign Land

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by MrLankeeee(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
jericco1:

if you want to give advice, you give and if you want to bet, you may beg!

Thank you.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ripakurshon: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nsarug80:
Madam, you're about embarking on a self destruct mission to Canada if you leave your job. A Grade Level 10 civil servant has a better prospect to succeed than someone living in Canada. Forget about your meagre salary & focus on where you'll be on the job in a few years. My Dad has been to over 100 countries of the world as a civil servant in my state & would be retiring this year. Those advising you to travel to Canada to pick up an unskilled job really do not mean well for you or they do not have the kind of job you have. You can travel to any part of the world with your current job. It's just a matter of time.

Trust me Bro, I live in Canada, Canada is about Certification and licensing. They are Trade school everywhere, If her employer is bringing her over, then she is just a few years from getting PR, if she wanna go to school she sure can, depends on how old her kids are. Canada is one of the Best place you can Migrate to, best Health care and Education. I have Bsc in Business Administration bro, but I am Training in Automobile now, it is what we call Mechanic in Nigeria and that sure pu more per hour than some office Job

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by ebenope(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
It's better to migrate now. Canada is a perfect place to settle into. Your financial life will be more OK than that of Nigeria and your children will enjoy the best educational system. Two of you should rather endeavor to apply for study leave at least your salary will be dropping too. But how can I get the link to that Canada too?
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Hardebayo(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
If you travel to Canada with visiting visa, you will not be eligible for any benefit. I will advise you do work permit which is renewable and then to PR later.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by winsh: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
hahahahaha I laugh in spanish ohhhh. I was abt to advise u to go to Canada when I saw "someone we know is arranging it for us"
Now this is fake, why? Canada doesn't allow unskilled workers in, that person is a fraud ster and will rid you and your husband off your hard earned money and you will still not get the visa. Canada doesnt give visa for unskilled labour because a lot of their citizens can do those jobs soyour guy is a fraudster oh. You can go to Canada through federal skilled worker programme or through the business route or perhaps if a company wants to employ you from Canada ( Note that that company must have some docmumentation with the government on why they are employing you and on why they cannot employ someone in Canada
graceajunwa:
My husband n I are both in grade level 10 and it’s a two year visa subject to renewal by d company offering us d job. To get to d apex in carrier will not be really easy for me but my husband is likely to get there considering their agency is not as populated as ours. Am just thinking how possible it wil be to relocate n survive in Canada doing miner jobs. I forgot to mention, someone i know arranging it for us though I stil doubt d authenticity by I hv a level of trust on d person. He told us my children can go with us to have better education. Pls I Ned street advice is it worth it for Us to resign our jobs. My husband n I decided that if d two of us cannot go together then it’s better we don’t go at all so d option of only one person resigning is out of d question.. I don’t really know about Canada accepting unskilled workers can u pls shade more light
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
You want to take your law degree and and the months of struggle at law school to become an unskilled workers? Think hard about it
I'm not the biggest believer in Nigeria and I'll understand if you leave this country, but I've been there and I've seen how they treat migrants. Go only for the right offer

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ugosample(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nsarug80:
Madam, you are about to embark on a self destruct mission to Canada if you get carried away by the illusion that life is rosy over there. As a Level 10 civil servant you have a better prospect making it here in Nigeria than elsewhere. My Dad is a civil servant & has been to over 100 countries of the world & would be retiring this year. The salary is quite small no doubt, but look beyond that & focus on where you'll be in a few years time as a civil servant. By the time you return from Canada & discover that some of your colleagues are Directors & Permanent Secretaries, you'll be very unhappy with yourself. I want you to also note that those advising you to leave your job for canada probably do not have a permanent job- no insult intended please. You can send your kids to any part of the world for studies if you so desire. It's just a matter of time.

it depends on what one wants in life tho

Migrating is not a bad idea....

Staying in Nigeria too despite all the foolishness that goes on there too is not a crime
depends on what you want in life

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by XTHRONE(m): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

All that on top bad English.

If English isn't her mother's tongue, isn't it her official language?? Was she instructed in her mother's tongue?? Did she write exams in her mother's tongue? Was her bar exams administered in her mother's tongue?

And some of you Wonder why Universities in English countries require English language proficiency test scores from Nigerians. It's because of people like you. Imagine mailing the international office of a German university asking for a toelf/ielts waiver with such terrible written English.

Y'all should stop quoting me. I simply said the truth.

We ain't talking of English Sir, get this, your type talk people into depression, self let down and low self esteem, not every one is strong willed . there are power in words. Forget All those Toelf bulshit , those guys know what they are doing, they are extorting Africans, Nigerians in particular. We grow their economy through this silly exams .
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by AleAirHub(m): 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
Yahoo boy trying to scam a lawyer cheesy cheesy cheesy
Irony of life cheesy cheesy cheesy

I reserved my next comments lipsrsealed
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by AngelicBeing: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
Rubbish talk..stay home indeed why not tetminate your visa and stay home permanently..hyprocrite..
Gbam grin
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Madam, here is my advice. Go through this Canada Express Entry Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled.

Start from page 1 and you will thank me later.

From all indication, you appeared to be qualified for the Canadian Federal Skilled Express Entry program where if all pans out well, you get a permanent resident visa.

Don't let any agent scam you o. Evaluate your credentials from an ECA body in Canada, then write IELTS General. After which you enter the pool and apply after getting the invitation to apply.

graceajunwa:
Hi am in a bit of dilemma my husband and I are both civil servants am also a lawyer and our take home put together is about 260k per month. We have two kids of ages three and four we have a good opportunity to travel to Canada with a job offer but under unskilled worker.

Am thinking of a better life for my kids but a bit confused cos of d fear of d unknown. Will it be wise to leave our jobs considering Canada has a good education system secondly we also intend schooling when we get there so we can get better work places pls what ur advice on this we are really in a fix what ur opinion for those that have been there
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by AngelicBeing: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ugosample:

why would I want to attack him? cheesy

everyone has their choice to make

whether to raise their kids in a morally bankrupt third world failed $hithole

or to raise their kids elsewhere

why would I criticise anyone for their choice? cheesy

I have made mine

others should make theirs
grin
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ugosample(m): 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
AngelicBeing:
grin
why you come dey laugh now ?
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by graceajunwa: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
jmann2:
Never give your money to any agent.
I live and work in canada and there is no visa like that.
Go for express entry.
Dont let yourself be scammed.
A friend of mine was scammed 1.4M Naira few weeks ago.

I was told it’s W1, visa two years work permit, category W1. He said he is going to get LMIA for us since he owns a company over there already without the IELTS certificate can one get a job

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by AngelicBeing: 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ugosample:

why you come dey laugh now ?
laughing at different comments, don't go, go, remain with your job and you will soon be a director grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria / Tanker Explodes At Ladipo Area In Lagos (Photos) / Truck Had Brake Failure, Crashes Into A Building At Iyana-isolo (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.