Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada (26874 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by jjohndoe83: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2019
planetx:
You left Nigeria to go and become a mechanic in Canada.
This is one area where most Nigerians need a mental adjustment. THERE IS DIGNITY IN HONEST LABOUR!!! Even if he went there to wash toilets, it is dignifying to be able to work with your own hands and pay your bills. There's no big deal about being a mechanic.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by maternal: 8:40am On Mar 26, 2019
jjohndoe83:

This is one area where most Nigerians need a mental adjustment. THERE IS DIGNITY IN HONEST LABOUR!!! Even if he went there to wash toilets, it is dignifying to be able to work with your own hands and pay your bills. There's no big deal about being a mechanic.

His ignorance is why Nigeria is a shithole. I know a "regular" mechanic who makes 80- 100k thousand dollars per year. And I remember meeting a heavey duty mechanic who worked for an oil company and he was making close to 200k thousand dollars per year. I think his hourly wage was close to 100 dollars per hour. Mechanics in the West get paid !

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by jjohndoe83: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2019
maternal:

His ignorance is why Nigeria is a shithole. I know a "regular" mechanic who makes 80- 100k thousand dollars per year. And I remember meeting a heavey duty mechanic who worked for an oil company and he was making close to 200k thousand dollars per year. I think his hourly wage was close to 100 dollars per hour. Mechanics in the West get paid !
It irks me so much when I see people belittle others on the basis of the kind of work that they do. Its senseless. Whether messenger or manager, it should not matter what a person does, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Ripakurshon: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2019
maternal:

You don't have to explain anything to anyone. Never be ashamed of your hustle. Regardless of what it is.

Yea bro, I think he is just trying to find who or what to blame for being miserable.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by partnerbizz4: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2019
Agred2018:
I wanted to just read but I can't help but to say my mind. My dear please don't rush to get anyhow visa to Canada, I have been there before and I would want u to be duped. It's all a scam forget about all the story the visa agent is telling u. Follow the normal process if u want to migrate. I spent six months in Canada before I was deported don't fall a victim. He want to scam u and ur husband, relax and plan well, ur already in level 10 which means ur a potential director to be, patient u will get there. The favour of God will locate u anywhere u are, Canada is a place of great opportunity but I won't lie to u if u don't have anybody there to lay the foundation for u, u will be deported and u will start afresh as a new applicant don't go to Canada just yet evaluate the situation very well. I would want to share my experience over there but I wish u the best of luck. Many end up in jail, I was a cab driver for 3 months

Share your experience naa.

We are all learning...
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by partnerbizz4: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2019
Atigba:

which civil servant work pay 260k in Nigeria, are you permanent secretary or director in the ministry.

You don't deserve my advice because you are a liar.

As one time accountant in the civil service, I know their salary structure.

O think she meant for both.

Btw don't health workers take more than that monthly?

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by naijainstinct: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

I am sincerely sorry @OP
But you are right. The truth is mostly always bitter. I doubt OP will do well in IELTS with her usage of ghetto English in writing. What is "Dey", "jus", "Ned"? Are these English words?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by naijainstinct: 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
Olugbayi:
I LIVE IN UK, BUT I ADVISE YOU STAY BACK HOME
YOU'RE BETTER OFF IN NIGERIA THAN YOU EXPECT TO BE IN CANADA
EXCEPT GOOD ROAD, WATER AND ELECTRICITY WHICH COSTS A FORTUNE AS WELL.
IM ALWAYS HOME EVERY SUMMER TO COOL OFF.
BUT THE CHOICE IS YOURS !
How convenient it is to be offering advise from the UK. Please allow the OP to be offering others advise from Canada too and be coming home every summer to cool off too. Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by naijainstinct: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Atigba:

which civil servant work pay 260k in Nigeria, are you permanent secretary or director in the ministry.

You don't deserve my advice because you are a liar.

As one time accountant in the civil service, I know their salary structure.
With all due respect Sir, you are no longer in touch with reality.

I'm currently a Civil Servant too and I can mention more than 5 agencies of govt that pay above N260k/monthly. I am not talking about civil servants in the pool of Accountant General of the Federation or those in the Federal Ministries. I'm talking about Public Servants in selected Departments and Agencies of Government. NCC, NIMASA, DPR, NNPC, NPA, NIWA, NARSDA are some of these agencies I'm talking about. Go and do your research sir.

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by naijainstinct: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
kevoh:

Lol....take it easy. She says it's hers and her husband's salary combined.
Even at that, there are public servants who earn that amount at entry level.
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Dammilekan(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
graceajunwa:
Hi am in a bit of dilemma my husband and I are both civil servants am also a lawyer and our take home put together is about 260k per month. We have two kids of ages three and four we have a good opportunity to travel to Canada with a job offer but under unskilled worker.

Am thinking of a better life for my kids but a bit confused cos of d fear of d unknown. Will it be wise to leave our jobs considering Canada has a good education system secondly we also intend schooling when we get there so we can get better work places pls what ur advice on this we are really in a fix what ur opinion for those that have been there
lol even @nahinbis sorry for the name error created a thread on his travel to Canada he left 500k monthly salary to travel to Canada and you earn 260k monthly,i will advice you to please ignore the unskilled work for a seconds and please look at the benefit of abroad
Good roads & security
Speed internet
Cheap food
If you are studying,you will surely know when you will finish school because there is no fear of ASUU strike your kids will be receiving a free health care,frrr everything think about it
If you want the link to nahibidis you nairaland thread I can give you
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by BarristerAlarig: 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
naijainstinct:
But you are right. The truth is mostly always bitter. I doubt OP will do well in IELTS with her usage of ghetto English in writing. What is "Dey", "jus", "Ned"? Are these English words?

I am still in shock. And she is a trained lawyer.

If Someone with an LLB, BL and maybe LLM writes this way, then something is wrong with our educational system.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by cookiejar99(f): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have a feeling this woman still wants someone to tell her that the whole visa ish is legit..... Nobody would push you here ma'am
I know its not what you want to hear,but its the Gospel truth...find other means of travelling out,definitely not with this your so called friend.its who you trust that would betray you,and then it would hurt even more
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
What happened, why all this deleted posts?
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by iaatmguy(m): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2019
tempest01:

My own advise is that you insist to play after the biometrics.

I've not heard of anyone using this kind of path to migrate to Canada.

And I don't want to summarily dismiss it as a scam. If biometrics goes through, it means that your profile is officially in their system.

So after biometrics, and your passport is collected, and officially visa stamped, it might be legit. Always look out for signs
your moniker is unmistakable, i believe you should know CA has no program like that for AFRICANS. there are work visa for specific countries in asia and europe, but not for nigerians. e.g truck drivers are "imported" from europe, likewise care-givers from the phillipines
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by iaatmguy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Actually there is a big deal, Mechanics are big boys in CA. that moniker was oozing ignorance. i wonder what the person would do when he/she knows the take home pay of "common electricians".
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by iyoha240: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2019
ayandee:
I wrote the ielts on February 9, 2019 for the first time with 8month pregnancy. I started preparing mid-January as that was when I decided to relocate. I had the following scores LWRS 8.5, 7.5, 9, 8.

I didn't go to any study centre. I simply watched Jay's videos on each of the sections. I also watched Liz's videos. Then i practised intensely using ieltsonlinetests.com and Cambridge ielts downloaded from devfartha. Be ready to use a lot of data.

could you please help me with Jay's and Liz's videos.
Email: iyohasamson4you@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by ayandee: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
iyoha240:

could you please help me with Jay's and Liz's videos.
Email: iyohasamson4you@gmail.com

Thanks
I watched them directly on YouTube. Didn't download.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by odimbannamdi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
ayandee:
I wrote the ielts on February 9, 2019 for the first time with 8month pregnancy. I started preparing mid-January as that was when I decided to relocate. I had the following scores LWRS 8.5, 7.5, 9, 8.

I didn't go to any study centre. I simply watched Jay's videos on each of the sections. I also watched Liz's videos. Then i practised intensely using ieltsonlinetests.com and Cambridge ielts downloaded from devfartha. Be ready to use a lot of data.

Starred.

I will be writing mine on the 11th. Will check out these videos.

I am also wondering if i can use IELTS academics to apply for Canadian express entry. What do u think?
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by odimbannamdi(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2019
jjohndoe83:
I'm sorry ma'am but I'm just fuming reading this thread especially because you are a lawyer to whom everyone should run for advice. A simple effort to research would have blown this scam apart (in my modest view creating this thread does not qualify as research, you simply transfered the burden to us).

I'm a lawyer, 5 years post call, and I decided to migrate this year and I've carefully researched the process from A to Z and I've gone to work on it. I got all the information I needed right here! And I didn't have to create a thread.

I have said all these because, should you decide to go on with this journey, you will need a lot research and reading and you cannot pass that responsibility to anyone and you shouldn't because its your life and those of your children at stake. So please, research, research, research. There's a ton of information out there on moving to Canada legally.

To your post, I believe you are about to be scammed heavily. Please terminate any further engagements with the agent ASAP. My gut feelings tell me though that this thread was created to see if the agent is correct in his representations. From the comments, you can see that it is a scam.

Next, take about 2 to 5 days to research on what you need to do to get started. Part of that research should include:
1. Using the CRS calculator found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2. Registering and preparing for IELTS:

3. Doing an Educational Credential Assessment.

The good news is that almost everything you need is here on Nairaland.

P. S. I apologise in advance if you feel slighted by my comment. I just expected much more from a lawyer.

Starred
Re: Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada by Fdot(m): 4:31am On Nov 04, 2020
graceajunwa:

He is getting an LMIA for us. N d Visa category is W1 meaning working Visa with two years work permit. Is this possible

It's very possible. I repeat it's very possible. W1 is a work visa in occupation under skilled level D (lower or unskilled worker) and it usually doesn't require IELTS. Don't mind people saying what they don't know here

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos / Flood Ravages Properties In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Noo Saro Wiwa Makes 30 Most Influential Women Travellers In The World List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.