Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

‘I Thought I Was Going To Lose My Dad’- Mikel Speaks On Father’s Kidnap - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Thought I Was Going To Lose My Dad’- Mikel Speaks On Father’s Kidnap (291 Views)

John Obi Mikel Speaks On Meeting With Aliko Dangote (Photos) / Anthony Joshua: I Thought #EndSARS Protest Was Against Virus / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘I Thought I Was Going To Lose My Dad’- Mikel Speaks On Father’s Kidnap by myselftrend: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
John Obi Mikel says he felt he was going to lose his father after he was kidnapped by gunmen in 2018.

The 31-year-old discovered that his father had been abducted before the Super Eagles’ last group game against Argentina at the World Cup in Russia.

After lauching a search for Pa Obi, police were able to rescue him along with his driver unhurt with some of the culprits reportedly arrested.

And reflecting on the ordeal, the Middlesbrough midfielder believes the incident made his stronger.

“I thought I was going to lose my dad, I thought he was going to be shot because of the demands and stuff,” Mikel said on BBC World Service’s Sportsworld.

“They said they would shoot him and in the back of my head during the game I thought that after the match I would probably find out they had decided to shoot him.

“It’s life. It’s made me stronger as a person. I can look at so many things and say ‘this is not going to shake me because I’ve been through worse’. I just hope that it never happens again and my dad can enjoy the rest of his life in peace.”

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/i-thought-i-was-going-to-lose-my-dad-super-eagles-mikel-speaks-on-fathers-kindap/

Cc;lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: ‘I Thought I Was Going To Lose My Dad’- Mikel Speaks On Father’s Kidnap by rxgodwin(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
Eiyah. Thank God u dint.

But then again......

Ok bye.

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Goal Highlight / Nigeria Wins Bronze In The Women 4x100m Olympic Race In Barcelona(throwback) / Today's 99.9% Football Prediction 10/04/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.