Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions (19359 Views)

An Easy Way To Overcome All Forms Of Sexual Immorality And Addictions / Please I Need Your Prayers As I Break Out Of This Masturbation Spirit / RCCG Sunday School Manual For Today 11 Feb. Topic - Dealing With Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by VIRGINlabia(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2019
Am addicted to sucking n*pples pls how do I break out before I get choked grin grin
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by Identity2018(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2019
Noted
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by IghravweIG(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2019
Steve28:
Just as the writer rightfully said, breaking out of any addiction is the most easiest thing one can do, firstly just note that those addictions doesn’t have control over you but rather you do have control over those addictions. Once your mind is been positioned on that, then the rest should be an histroy. I used to be a chronic smoker, the moment I realize that I have control over this I decided to decipline myself and I took control over the situation.
Do you go through withdrawals?
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by Onyxon: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2019
Why do people like you find it difficult to hold your peace especially when people who sincerely mean well for others selflessly try to solve problems?is it that difficult to chill when you have nothing useful to contribute?

1 Like

Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by germaphobe(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
ralimfa:
nawa o you are an ass** for saying the word of God doesn't help you also need the word the "word" doesn't mean listening to gospels it means doing what the word says
. And this is suppose to be a christain calling someone an asshole

1 Like

Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
JeffSiberstein:

Shut up your mouth, I have done everything from Cigarettes, Marijuana to Drugs to the extent I was a dealer. When I made up my mind to quit I did and for a year now I have been clean. If someone decides to quit it is easy to do, its only difficult when people are pressuring u to quit and u haven't made up your mind to quit
and who the f are you to ask me to shut my mouth? The last time I checked I was entitled to my own opinions, if you have a problem with that you can find the nearest cliff and jump off.
Addiction is not something you quit effortlessly on a whim. You were doing those drugs because of peer pressure. You prolly never had an addiction, you could always walk away but you continued in your quest to be included and accepted by your peers. Some people do drugs without developing addictions. I could tell you some many things I woke up one morning and took a decision to stop doing.
And even if you had an addiction and found it easy to break free, it doesn't mean that everybody else should find it as easy. Not everybody is as strong willed
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by proftwinnie10(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
What you need basically to quit addiction:
1. Strong will
2. Self discipline
3. Removing the "source" i.e things that trigger the addiction.
4. God's Grace

-------------------------------------------------------------
I am addicted to making money.
I cant help it. Check my signature.
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE AN ADDICT, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ADDICTION IS A PROBLEM, BEST YOU CAN DO IS TO GRADUALLY WITHDRAW FROM THE PROBLEM IF YOU CAN. TALK TO CLOSE FRIENDS AND USE THE INTERNET TO FIND PEOPLE BATTLING LIKE YOU SO THAT YOU CAN WIN OVER THE PROBLEM TOGETHER.

DISCARD EVERYTHING YOU READ BEFORE MY POST. THE "WORD OF GOD" DOESN'T SOLVE NOR HELP US TO SOLVE ANYTHING.
It doesn't help you because you do not believe in it. Let others who believe in it seek their help from there. Don't be a hindrance to people's recoveries.

1 Like

Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by ralimfa(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
germaphobe:
. And this is suppose to be a christain calling someone an asshole
na you complete am o
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by AmaiLiu: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by James4424: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
rembering how you were without the addiction is a good powerful mind tool.

we weren't born with smoke in your hands for instant . keep recalling that and you will realize that it is possible to stop
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by James4424: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2019
princeSammyz:
Idleness and 'aloneness', the most potent fuels of addictions so far. Experience has taught me this and one sure way to healing lies in engaging both the mind and the hands in productive activities. You will forget those things trust me.

well said , well said bro .
especially in cases with substance addition
when one try to stop smoking for example boredom engulfs you. that is why you take substance in the first place to kill boredom .
replace that boredom killer with something else and you are out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by James4424: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
matrix199:
It's easier said than done. It's easier to be a coach than a player. It's safer being the doctor than the patient.

Undermining addiction clearly shows the writer's poor understanding of it. Once an addition becomes compulsive, it becomes the most difficult thing to let go of.

For me, the only therapeutic measure to overcome addition is "Long Term Inaccessibility". Once you deny yourself or you're denied access to that thing you're addicted to for a very long time, the part of the brain responsible for the compulsive addiction becomes renewed, and there's every likelihood there won't be a relapse.

If you like, pray as long as you can, so long that thing you're addicted to is within your reach, you're likely to sneak back doing it.

good write up there bro
addiction is different from habit
OP was mostly giving advice on how to stop a habit not addiction.
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by Vokians(m): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Most addictions are fun. Why would anyone want to break out of them?
Don't you know that what you see as fun may be detrimental to your health and your relationship with God?
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by James4424: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
JeffSiberstein:

Shut up your mouth, I have done everything from Cigarettes, Marijuana to Drugs to the extent I was a dealer. When I made up my mind to quit I did and for a year now I have been clean. If someone decides to quit it is easy to do, its only difficult when people are pressuring u to quit and u haven't made up your mind to quit

my brother , you were not an addict . you just had the habit of smoking and doing drugs .
you can not just make up your mind and stop if you were at the level of addiction
that is the big different .
addiction is your body can not function without the drugs that is why they get withdrawal

habit means your body can still function without the substance whatsoever
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Vokians:
Don't you know that what you see as fun may be detrimental to your health and your relationship with God?
Health? It's not like anyone is going to live forever.

Relationship with God? What if God doesn't exist?

I can't imagine what life would be for me without Ogogoro. Let's all have fun without limits abeg, time nor too dey oh.
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by BaeG481(f): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Nice Post �. I hav a business offer . chat me up @08156488989or DM me�� ��https:///2348156488989
Re: How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bankole Solomon Apologises To Adeboye Over Politicians / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.