Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

8 Fun Things To Do When You Have Writer's Block - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 8 Fun Things To Do When You Have Writer's Block (417 Views)

7 Tips To Deal With Writer's Block And Fix Your Writing - Victorwinners.com / How Often Do You Get "Writer's Block" And How Do You Overcome Them? / WRITER'S Miseries And Nightmares: Writer's Block. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Fun Things To Do When You Have Writer's Block by sosa993: 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
Writer’s block. A lot of writers struggle with it. But what you do with it is what matters. Before we talk about solutions, which will be the next post, let’s talk about the problem.

Common causes of writer’s block:

Timing: The time to write is just bad. Your ideas may need to stew a little longer before writing them down.

Fear: A lot of writers struggle with fear, putting their ideas out there for everyone to see and critique tears them apart. Fear is a major reason some writers never become writers.

Perfectionism: You want everything to be too perfect before you ever touch a keyboard. You try to get it perfect in your head and never do, so you never begin.

So how do we wipe away this enemy?

It’s a tough question to answer, and I’m afraid I don’t have a great solution. I’ve wrestled with writer’s block on many occasions, and each one was tough.

Here's a list of fun things to do when you have writer's block:

Go for a walk.

Eliminate distractions

Play. (I usually play with my psp: Assassin's Creed, god of war etc)

Change the environment where you write your book

Read a book

Listen to music

Gist with a friend

Watch a movie

I hope this helps! Watch out for this space: Tips to cure writer's block is coming soon!

https://mailchi.mp/afca3ff35128/esosa-kolawole

I'm Esosa Kolawole aka The Quirky Pen Girl

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Past In The Soup Pot (part 1) / Feminism... The Men Abuse / EBIERE BY KARISPEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.