Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? (3691 Views)

Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters / 40 Revolution Now Protesters Arrested In Abuja By Military Personnel / Photos Of Ateke Tom's Residence After Being Raided By Military Men In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Pearlyakin(m): 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello my people, I'm here again with another question about the assault and rifles.
So what's the best assault rifle that is used by the military should we give it to the kalashnishkov or the tavor
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Pearlyakin(m): 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Currently top 10 assault rifles in the world are these:

The AR-15 was designed by Armalite to meet the US Army requirement for a new assault rifle, chambered for a new intermediate cartridge. It was adopted by the US Army as the M16 and became a standard issue infantry weapon.

The AK-100 series assault rifles evolved from the AK-74M that is widely used by the Russian Army and many other countries around the world.

Since 1995 the G36 is a standard issue infantry rifle with the German armed forces. This weapon became an export success. It has been exported to more than 40 countries around the world.

The G3 assault rifle has been designed by the Heckler & Koch in the late 1950s. It was adopted by the Bundeswehr in 1959 and was used until the mid 1990s,

The Steyr AUG (universal army rifle) was designed in Austria. It has been adopted by Austrian Army back in 1977. When it first appeared it was considered to be revolutionary in many respects.

The Galil assault rifle was developed in the late 1960s, This weapon is based on the Finnish M62 assault rifle, which in turn is a clone of the Soviet AK-47.

The Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle was developed by Israel Military Industries (IMI) back in the early 1990s.

The SIG SG 550 is produced since 1986. It has been adopted by the Swiss Army in 1990 as a standard issue military rifle.

The HK416 assault rifle was developed by Heckler & Koch company in the 1990s to meet US Army's Delta Force requirement.

The FN SCAR modular assault rifle was developed by the famous Belgian Fabrique Nationale to meet the requirement, issued by the US Special Operations Command (US SOCOM).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by hisexcellency34: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Dane gun is the best

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by indigenous234(f): 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
You Don dey take style want know how to stock up new goods for business Abi?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Styluscrib(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Pearlyakin:
Hello my people, I'm here again with another question about the assault and rifles.
So what's the best assault rifle that is used by the military should we give it to the kalashnishkov or the tavor
[img][/img]
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Omololu2121: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shakabula

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by SarkinYarki: 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
The AK 47 and that's why it's still the most used... Most tavors are carbines ... To the person whobsaid AR15 the AT 15 is not an assault rifle , it's a semi automatic sport rifle

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by PMPhoenix(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
SarkinYarki:
The AK 47 and that's why it's still the most used... Most tavors are carbines ... To the person whobsaid AR15 the AT 15 is not an assault rifle , it's a semi automatic sport rifle
AKs are reliable and are cheap, that’s why they are the most used. AR-15’s are deadly. Most military forces east of the Atlantic use the AK and it’s variants mainly, while the West recruit mainly the M4s.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
SarkinYarki:

PMPhoenix:

AKs are reliable and are cheap, that’s why they are the most used. AR-15’s are deadly. Most military forces east of the Atlantic use the AK and it’s variants mainly, while the West recruit mainly the M4s.

Hi,

I'm an author of military action books and I tell you that you both are wrong. The AK-47 is a smooth firing rifle right but not the best in the world at the moment. The sole reason the AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle in the world today is not even that Russia made it in incredible abundance but the fact that this gun can use parts from almost all the other rifles.

In other words, your average terrorist doesn't have to buy a thing! All he needs is whatever he can steal from others. Put it in the rifle and it will work.

The AK-47 can use cartilages form the M16 and M4 perfectly but those guns cannot do the same. This is the sole reason why US combatants in the gulf war and Vietnam dumped their M16 in favor of the AK-47s used by their enemies.

https://www.kingreads.com/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Pearlyakin(m): 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
grin
indigenous234:
You Don dey take style want know how to stock up new goods for business Abi?
Lol, I watch lot of war and action movies so i have a thing for rifles and assault and funny enough I've never touch nor handle any assault rifle before.
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Rucheen(m): 12:13am On Mar 24, 2019
Kalashnikov seldom fails

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by SarkinYarki: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2019
Eze2000:

Hi,

I'm an author of military action books and I tell you that you both are wrong. The AK-47 is a smooth firing rifle right but not the best in the world at the moment. The sole reason the AK-47 is the most popular assault rifle in the world today is not even that Russia made it in incredible abundance but the fact that this gun can use parts from almost all the other rifles.

In other words, your average terrorist doesn't have to buy a thing! All he needs is whatever he can steal from others. Put it in the rifle and it will work.

The AK-47 can use cartilages form the M16 and M4 perfectly but those guns cannot do the same. This is the sole reason why US combatants in the gulf war and Vietnam dumped their M16 in favor of the AK-47s used by their enemies.

If you are the author of military books than you should know how military weapons are ranked and you should know they are given points among many factors and that with highest points is adjudged the overall best for assault rifle the ranking are made based on

Cost

Accuracy

Lethal Range

ease of maintenance

ruggedity

reliability

availability

weight

Type of Projectile

put all these in perspective and you will see why the AK47 is always ranked number till now and why we have over 100 million active pieces today
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
SarkinYarki:

If you are the author of military books than you should know how military weapons are ranked and you should know they are given points among many factors and that with highest points is adjudged the overall best for assault rifle the ranking are made based on

Cost

Accuracy

Lethal Range

ease of maintenance

ruggedity

reliability

availability

weight

Type of Projectile

put all these in perspective and you will see why the AK47 is always ranked number till now and why we have over 100 million active pieces today

If you think all the armies and armorers in this world have been sleeping since the creation of the AK-47 in late 1947 by a veteran of the Second World War then you must be dreaming. In fact, the only Russian assault rifle that makes to the list of best in the world is the Ak-74.

It is only when you start checking for 'most popular assault rifles' that the AK-47 starts popping up.

The Pentagon is the US military headquarters and it spends billions of dollars yearly to ensure that the US war machine is kept up to date and better than that of any other nation in the world particularly Russia.

The two best fighter jets in the world belong exclusively to the US Air Force. (The F-22 jets are classified)
The best nuclear submarine, warship and Aircraft carriers belong to the US Navy (The Nimtz class carried are classified )
The US army, in addition to having the largest cargo transporters, has the best battle tanks in the world (have you seen the new ones that can drop from moving planes?)

If you seriously think the Pentagon will sit on their asses while a World War 2 rifle carries the number one spot in the world you must be dreaming. Or perhaps you just saying that Boko Haram and Islamic State who arm themselves with AK-47 are the best-equipped armies in the world

Are we putting my knowledge on trial here or yours?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by SarkinYarki: 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Eze2000:

If you think all the armies and armorers in this world have been sleeping since the creation of the AK-47 in late 1947 by a veteran of the Second World War then you must be dreaming. In fact, the only Russian assault rifle that makes to the list of best in the world is the Ak-74.

It is only when you start checking for 'most popular assault rifles' that the AK-47 starts popping up.

The Pentagon is the US military headquarters and it spends billions of dollars yearly to ensure that the US war machine is kept up to date and better than that of any other nation in the world particularly Russia.

The two best fighter jets in the world belong exclusively to the US Air Force. (The F-22 jets are classified)
The best nuclear submarine, warship and Aircraft carriers belong to the US Navy (The Nimtz class carried are classified )
The US army, in addition to having the largest cargo transporters, has the best battle tanks in the world (have you seen the new ones that can drop from moving planes?)

If you seriously think the Pentagon will sit on their asses while a World War 2 rifle carries the number one spot in the world you must be dreaming. Or perhaps you just saying that Boko Haram and Islamic State who arm themselves with AK-47 are the best-equipped armies in the world

Are we putting my knowledge on trial here or yours?

shut the Bleep up man you know know nothing about weapons , from your comment I know ..Go and learn how to rank Weaponry , I am sure you are among those who still rank a an Abrams tank ahead of a T72 , rank an f22 raptor ahead of anmig 29 ...Guy stop writtimg nonsense books

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 4:02am On Mar 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:

shut the Bleep up man you know know nothing about weapons , from your comment I know ..Go and learn how to rank Weaponry , I am sure you are among those who still rank a an Abrams tank ahead of a T72 , rank an f22 raptor ahead of anmig 29 ...Guy stop writtimg nonsense books

Young Nigerian's, bad grammar, empty pride, stupidity and insults... always the same! If they give this one G.I test on weapons now he will score F9 with skill..

Correction shorty!

Individuals don't rank weapons just as you don't JAMB and schools (where you probably failed but still carried first in rank in your mind). You follow the global ranking.

I've nothing to learn from you and those books you call nonsense sells for no less than $3.99 per copy all over the world via Amazon except Africa where I have to subsidize the price so poor people like you can buy. It's just 500 naira here on okadabooks.

You see Naija don't read. They just stay on their high seat, try to imitate American way of talking foully, hail corruption, dream things into existence in their figment of imagination and call things they've never read 'nonsense books".

Thank God ranking thing in the world is not up to people like you else the earth and all that is in it would be in trouble.

Let me show you how ridiculously foolish you are. Go to google and find any ranking of Assult rifles that places the AK-47 first, second or third. Copy the link and come and post it here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Curlieweed: 5:26am On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

Hi,

Oga,

AK47 does not use the same “cartridges” as the M16. AK47 uses 7.62mm rounds while the M16 uses 5.56mm (NATO) rounds. This is elementary, common knowledge.

Haba!
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

Oga,

AK47 does not use the same “cartridges” as the M16. AK47 uses 7.62mm rounds while the M16 uses 5.56mm (NATO) rounds. This is elementary, common knowledge.

Haba!

It wasn't made to but it can use cartridges from most of the major rifles in its class. Another gun like that is the Lugar pistol. It can use multiple ammo. Most shotguns work that way too, pump action and double barrels use exactly the same cartridge.

When you jam new information try to figure it out first before condemning. Get out of that crippled mindset of normal nigerians.

And one more thing... there is nothing common about gun knowledge, at least not for you. For instance, to tell me how many bullets are in the cartilages of the guns you mentioned so fast you'll have to rush off to Google, right?

Is this common?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Curlieweed: 6:53am On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

It wasn't made to but it can use cartridges from most of the major rifles in its class. Another gun like that is the Lugar pistol. It can use multiple ammo.

When you jam new information try to figure it out first before condemning. Get out of that crippled mindset of normal nigerians

You sound like you’ve never seen a rifle before, not to talk about holding one in your hands.

I don’t have the time or energy to argue about stuff that’s very obvious. If you live in the states, visit a gun range, find out how rifles work and why they are called “rifles”, then read your comment again.

There are rifles that are capable of using different rounds (like both the 5.56mm and 7.62mm), but they all come with interchangeable barrels. Sadly for you, the Kala isn’t one of them.
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

You sound like you’ve never seen a rifle before, not to talk about holding one in your hands.

I don’t have the time or energy to argue about stuff that’s very obvious. If you live in the states, visit a gun range, find out how rifles work and why they are called “rifles”, then read your comment again.

There are rifles that are capable of using different rounds (like both the 5.56mm and 7.62mm), but they all come with interchangeable barrels. Sadly for you, the Kala isn’t one of them.

Even when I attended military schools and the Nigerian police and army carry them all over the place and I have to defend my home in the village with my own rifle... I agree with you I have never seen a rifle before or held one.

Rounds are bullets, just one shot. cartridges contain rounds.

Many guns are designed to use more than one kind of ammo but not all can interchange cartridges. I don't have the strength to argue. If you know, you know. If you don't, just walk down your Nigerian street you should see a policeman to answer some of your questions.

And we ae talking Assualt Rifles not 'rifles' ... there is a difference in terms of category and generalization

Sadly for you, the Kala isn't part of your knowledge base I actually expected you to mention the 9mm
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Curlieweed: 8:05am On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

Even when I attended military schools and the Nigerian police and army carry them all over the place and I have to defend my home in the village with my own rifle... I agree with you I have never seen a rifle before or held one.

Rounds are bullets, just one shot. cartridges contain rounds.

Many guns are designed to use more than one kind of ammo but not all can interchange cartridges. I don't have the strength to argue. If you know, you know. If you don't, just walk down your Nigerian street you should see a policeman to answer some of your questions.

And we ae talking Assualt Rifles not 'rifles' ... there is a difference in terms of category and generalization

Sadly for you, the Kala isn't part of your knowledge base I actually expected you to mention the 9mm

car·tridge
/ˈkärtrij/Submit
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: cartridges
a container holding a spool of photographic film, a quantity of ink, or other item or substance, designed for insertion into a mechanism.

synonyms: cassette, magazine, cylinder, canister, container, capsule, case, pack, packet, package

"the toner cartridge slots neatly into place"

a casing containing a charge and a bullet or shot for small arms or an explosive charge for blasting.

synonyms: bullet, round, shell, charge, shot, casing

"a rifle cartridge"

a component carrying the stylus on the pickup head of a record player.
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2019
Curlieweed:

[s]car·tridge
/ˈkärtrij/Submit
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: cartridges
a container holding a spool of photographic film, a quantity of ink, or other item or substance, designed for insertion into a mechanism.

synonyms: cassette, magazine, cylinder, canister, container, capsule, case, pack, packet, package

"the toner cartridge slots neatly into place"

a casing containing a charge and a bullet or shot for small arms or an explosive charge for blasting.

synonyms: bullet, round, shell, charge, shot, casing

"a rifle cartridge"

a component carrying the stylus on the pickup head of a record player.[/s]

Actually, the original spelling is "Carkerege"! The Englishman that first crafted the casing centuries ago put his name on it, but that was later modified to "cartridge" which you are using to boast today like it's your family's property.

When next you go to google don't copy everything. Get rid of stuff like this... "car·tridge
/ˈkärtrij/Submit"
then you come here and preach like the thing is coming from your brain.

Give your balls a break, boy!

I'm not jobless like some people, you see, and certainly have no time to teach fools grammar, the essence of commas and full stops etc., even while I watch my typos on a phone grin.

If it's an English lesson you need, go over to the literature section, open a thread and mention me in a challenge I will answer you with great pleasure. That is my domain! cool

Thank you very much in advance cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by KingSango(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

Hi,

The AK is the greatest assault rifle ever made. Sure there are those rifles of superior quality yet are not reliable under all battle conditions. Less disciplined units can operate the AK from poorly trained guerilla units, third world drug dealers to anybody desiring a powerful weapon without sufficient experience in weaponry. Many third world nations became free and independent because of the AK47. Its the revolutionaries rifle. If given a choice who wouldn't choose a higher quality weapon than an AK yet if not given a choice it's good being stuck with an AK. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
I'm not an authority on this subject
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
KingSango:

The AK is the greatest assault rifle ever made. Sure there are those rifles of superior quality yet are not reliable under all battle conditions. Less disciplined units can operate the AK from poorly trained guerilla units, third world drug dealers to anybody desiring a powerful weapon without sufficient experience in weaponry. Many third world nations became free and independent because of the AK47. Its the revolutionaries rifle. If given a choice who wouldn't choose a higher quality weapon than an AK yet if not given a choice it's good being stuck with an AK. grin grin grin

A billion thanks to you, you just said it all.

The AK-47 is not the best assault rifle in the world at the moment but the most popular and for very good reasons. It's cheap and very dependable.. but the best part is that in that way aboki can make a Sony TV use Samsung engine, Toshiba panel and Dewoo remote control so also can this gun be made to work.

Personally, i have no first-hand experience here but from all i have read, this gun is the main reason why all the terrorists in this world, though poor, will always be well armed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by ElsonMorali: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

Hi,

"A military action and adventure romance novel series". Like for real? That alone is a big put off. It tells me first hand that the author doesn't know which genre he is writing for.

Then it also shows me that if the writer can lump all those unseemly adjectives together in one sentence, then there's going to be a problem with his grammatical structure. No offence.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by KingSango(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Eze2000:

A billion thanks to you, you just said it all.

The AK-47 is not the best assault rifle in the world at the moment but the most popular and for very good reasons. It's cheap and very dependable.. but the best part is that in that way aboki can make a Sony TV use Samsung engine, Toshiba panel and Dewoo remote control so also can this gun be made to work.

Personally, i have no first-hand experience here but from all i have read, this gun is the main reason why all the terrorists in this world, though poor, will always be well armed.

America, France, Portugal, Spain, Brittian, basically the West aka NATO enslaved and colonized the 3rd world. It was Mother Russia that freed the world with the AK47. Thanks for you Nigerians for making such enlightening threads. I simply had never realized how proliferate the AK had become. Sure, we had them in the US with street gangs. When I look back the AK has been part of nearly every struggle for liberation. That's what makes it the greatest weapon. If I'm in a jungle with bugs and humidity give me an AK. If I'm in a desert with sand and heat give me an AK. If I'm fighting an enemy invading with superior weapons yet lots of ammo he wouldn't miss then give me an AK. The AK is the greatest and not because it's the best rifle yet it's the best overall.
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
ElsonMorali:

"A military action and adventure romance novel series". Like for real? That alone is a big put off. It tells me first hand that the author doesn't know which genre he is writing for.

Then it also shows me that if the writer can lump all those unseemly adjectives together in one sentence, then there's going to be a problem with his grammatical structure. No offence.

No offense taken.

Go register on Amazon or any other American bookstore and go through the different genres then you can come back here and apologize. I'll wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 1:25am On Mar 26, 2019
ElsonMorali:

On second thoughts, lets do it this way...

God here and read the reviews of the story got when i first published it on Nairaland. The reviews are only there not the story.. deleted it and added links to it on my website and there you can read to the full part 1 for free.

https://www.nairaland.com/3185856/dirty-diamonds-boko-haram-part#46881773

First title of the book was .... Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram but that changed on completion of the series.

The book you are criticizing was one of 2 that established me as one of the best writers on the Literation section of Nairaland. In fact it's on the list of best military stories on thsi forum... I have no idea where that thread is now but dig it up and you'll find this story there.

Dig up any list of best authors on Nairaland and you will find me there.

If you are gentleman enough to come back and apologize, maybe you'll get the part 2 for free. That's if you love books, of course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by ElsonMorali: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2019
Eze2000:

On second thoughts, lets do it this way...

God here and read the reviews of the story got when i first published it on Nairaland. The reviews are only there not the story.. deleted it and added links to it on my website and there you can read to the full part 1 for free.

https://www.nairaland.com/3185856/dirty-diamonds-boko-haram-part#46881773

First title of the book was .... Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram but that changed on completion of the series.

The book you are criticizing was one of 2 that established me as one of the best writers on the Literation section of Nairaland. In fact it's on the list of best military stories on thsi forum... I have no idea where that thread is now but dig it up and you'll find this story there.

Dig up any list of best authors on Nairaland and you will find me there.

If you are gentleman enough to come back and apologize, maybe you'll get the part 2 for free. That's if you love books, of course.

My dear guy, I didn't offend you in anyway, so I don't think there's any need to apologize.

I myself I'm a writer and I have a book on tract with a foreign publishing firm.

I love books and I devour them. I have only critiqued what I read from your label and I've told you what would put me off from buying your book if it ever got printed.

But, pay me no mind. Maybe I don't know anything anyways. smiley
Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by Eze2000(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2019
ElsonMorali:

My dear guy, I didn't offend you in anyway, so I don't think there's any need to apologize.

I myself I'm a writer and I have a book on tract with a foreign publishing firm.

I love books and I devour them. I have only critiqued what I read from your label and I've told you what would put me off from buying your book if it ever got printed.

But, pay me no mind. Maybe I don't know anything anyways. smiley

All my books are printed and sell...

I sell even whee other Nigerians don't. In fact, its my full time job.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Assault Rifle Used By Military Troops Today? by ElsonMorali: 8:58am On Mar 26, 2019
Eze2000:

All my books are printed and sell...

I sell even whee other Nigerians don't. In fact, its my full time job.

yes Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is Now Clear That This Protest Is Politically Motivated / They Call It Buhari's Slippers (See photo Inside) / How I Almost Became An Unknown Gunman Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.