Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani (27333 Views)

2023: Stop Threatening With Breaking Up Nigeria, ACF Wans Southerners / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees / 2023 Presidency: Why We’re Against Some Aspirants From S’west — Yoruba Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by chudez0147(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2019
Anybody against restructuring is an enemy of Our great country..

2 Likes

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Shame on them...are they not the ones on the receiving end of the horrors ...they are the least educated, least protected, bokoharam killing them every day..yet they obey their leaders who benefit from buhari remaining on seat.....

Nigerians are really trying....I don't get how we sum up courage and vote for these eveil leaders that don't give a damn about us

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Denikayan: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Better!

Let Atiku be please

He is still in shock about the landslide defeat that hit his party and you here trying to refresh his memory about the mistakes he made.

Picked a Vice President from the enemies of the state! First bullet he shot into his legs.

Still was banking on same enemies of the state to deliver him to Aso Rock grin

He couldn't even learn from his predecessor who have gotten support from them

2 Likes

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Valleys(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2019
The Hausas are using that man's head just like they used Gowon's head in the 60s
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by olajizz01(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2019
I already knew that,any person promising restructuring will win big in SE and SS,but encounter disaster in entire north.Such person will eventually lost the election
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by bumzylongs: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2019
Some Northern fouls are enjoying the largess gotten from the oil rich regions. They are so lazy. They don't want to look inwards, develop their region according to their available resources & grow according to their abilities. The laziness occasioned by this feeding bottle federalism can't stand forever. Either sooner or later, we shall either restructure or divide this nightmare called Nigeria. For now, Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2019
So this people want the status quo that is not beneficial to all everybody to remain?That is why this country must secede.

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Denikayan: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Wait O!

South East clamouring for restructuring also grin grin grin

I doubt if they know the meaning. Cos if they do, they won't be clamouring

States that will suffer are just too much. The South East and North East will be in same class. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by sharpwriter(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
chozzy:
Can you imagine this confession from
Arewa Consultative Forum?

They are even admitting it... What I hate most about these people is their arrogance and they do it to the face of all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by MikelIbe: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
ebuk4real:
grin grin

How we even think this contraption of a country can work with people like these still baffles me. It is like telling a parasite that it's high time it gets separated from its host and you expect it to clap for you? Nigeria is doomed UNLESS restructured. Take it to the BANK!!!

Restructuring is a perfect vision that originated from the well meaning people of the South West , and then the south east. But all of a sudden, Tinubu became selfish and killed the vision. Tinubus personal ambition became the vision . It's a pithy. Now the the north is seriously scheming for 2023.

For those who don't understand restructuring let me give you an example. Under restructuring, Ondo state will have the power to build its own railway with an increased federal allocation without depending or waiting for donkey years for Federal government to do so.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by excel101(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Its a big lie from the pit if hell, because the north never massively voted for Buhari, rather the incumbent Govt. rigged the election in his favour.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Glorymax: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Secretary-General of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Anthony Sani, speaks with GODWIN ISENYO on a number of national issues including why the forum was against the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, in the recent election

What is your view on the just concluded general elections in the country?

I think there was a kind of improvement over the past elections. Nigerians, who have become more enlightened, helped to change what used to hold sway in the previous elections in which only big names called the shots. In a way, plutocracy and kleptocracy are giving way to democracy that is premised on triple foundation of justice, liberty and decency. Did you see what happened to those who defected from their political parties?

The highlighted opening statement discouraged me from reading further. I'll only read comments and go my way. No more no less
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by ivieeseosa: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2019
Beyond that. APC rigged the election massively

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by shedy03(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2019
EVILFOREST:
NIGERIA is FINISHED
No, Nigeria is good. This is how the north want.
Its the south that's finished. North will rule over south and claim the wealth of the south as Nigeria's wealth while the north contributes nothing.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Xisnin(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2019
bettercreature:
He is right i was very surprised how the north was able to VOTE for candidate of their choice this time around.It used to be one way in the past
You are daydreaming.
The result from the north is clear.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by igwefivestar(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Secretary-General of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Anthony Sani, speaks with GODWIN ISENYO on a number of national issues including why the forum was against the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, in the recent election

What is your view on the just concluded general elections in the country?

I think there was a kind of improvement over the past elections. Nigerians, who have become more enlightened, helped to change what used to hold sway in the previous elections in which only big names called the shots. In a way, plutocracy and kleptocracy are giving way to democracy that is premised on triple foundation of justice, liberty and decency. Did you see what happened to those who defected from their political parties? There are some states where President Muhammadu Buhari won with a wide margin but the contests for the governorship were a different ball game. In fact, some governors might lose those states in the rerun that arose from the contests. That shows the electorate considered not just political parties but the performance and character of the candidates as well. This is heartening and healthy development for our democracy.

Before the presidential election, the ACF endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari, who is the candidate of the All Progressives Congress against a fellow northerner and candidate of the Poeples Democrtaic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. What informed this decision?

It is true that it is not the policy and practice of the ACF to endorse party candidates outright. What the forum does is to provide leadership qualities required for purposeful leadership and party manifesto of political parties and performance of candidates. This is to enable voters to make informed judgement during elections. But that does not mean when the need arises, the ACF would not endorse a candidate. You know there is always a deviation from the norm. In the extant case, the forum was of the view that inspite of some shortcomings of the APC, the ruling party, it is still the best for the country in the circumstance; moreso, that the main opposition party (PDP) made restructuring of the country and sale of the government assets its campaign mantra. This is against the fact that this country has undergone different kinds of restructuring, such as political, economic and geographical; and any further restructuring may be unhelpful. And given the fact that the past sale of government assets did not yield the desired results, the forum was not favourably disposed to any further sale of the government assets. Rather, prudent management of national resources should be what matters. After all, Lagos State is being governed under the same structure and form of government which some people believe is not working.

But the ACF had earlier said it had no preferred presidential candidate for the 2019 election. Why did the group make a sudden U-turn?

The outright endorsement of President Buhari was spurred by the need for the regime to consolidate on its performance, against the campaign by the PDP candidate to restructure the country and sell government asset such as the NNPC as well as the character of the parties concerned.

How do you react to the allegation that the ACF was heavily pressured or forced to endorse the President since the PDP candidate was endorsed by some socio-cultural bodies such as the Afenifere, Middle Belt Forum, Northern Elders Forum, PANDEF and the Ohanaeze Ndigbo?

The ACF was not pressured by anybody or government to endorse President Buhari. The endorsement was done after due consideration of the performance, campaign promises and strength of character of the parties concerned.

Read more at
https://punchng.com/were-against-atiku-for-promising-to-restructure-nigeria-acf-secretary-sani/?fbclid=IwAR2djEZ3TmDjuYwNoZQvCo68wsj4AQM0K7stojnT3D3SMKuJXBf8y-_wM9Q

Northerners. God help us o!

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by lonlytroy(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2019
Enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Glorymax: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2019
Eco101:
Same thing I told my friend yesterday. Two major reasons the North didn't vote for Atiku were largely due to his promise to restructure Nigeria and to Privatize NNPC. It is glaring that these two proposals make economic sense but due to political parasitism by the North, ethnic bigotry and self-centeredness, they will never allow this country to move forward. Everybody knows of a truth that the present NNPC is just a shadow of itself but some Nigerians hate the truth. I think Atiku should have played Buhari kind of politics - promise heaven and Earth and lie to the North in order to get their votes. Most Nigerians don't like who tells them the truth. That politically nailed Atiku.

All on point
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by captianfreeman(m): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2019
The north have a very, very shallow understanding of restructuring . I think oil money is to be blame for that. Those folks can't survive without oil money.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by gratiaeo(m): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2019
Denikayan:
Wait O!

South East clamouring for restructuring also grin grin grin

I doubt if they know the meaning. Cos if they do, they won't be clamouring

States that will suffer are just too much. The South East and North East will be in same class. grin
By the time you understand that South East is not only clamoring for restructuring but secession you might consider awolowo exit route

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Vcblinks(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2019
amaniro:
If you don't know, know it now. Northerners are afraid of restructuring that's why Buhari is swimming along the riptide.
why would not be afraid,we they are virtually non productive and they add nothing to the table aside the middle belt,syphilistic tribalistic assholes.what can they do.is to be wasting time to discover oil in that lake chad there will never see.if restructuring should happen now, i bet that barren region will add more poverty.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by EagleNest(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2019
As if I'm surprised. Of course the North wants status quo to remain. Regardless of the enormous poverty it brings and too much concentration of power on one person, they're still jittery to change it. Why?

And if we can't agree to restructure to devolve power, then I'm afraid the cycle of poverty and corruption will continue. The British is culpable to this mess but it is not irredeemable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by zlantanfan: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Eco101:
Same thing I told my friend yesterday. Two major reasons the North didn't vote for Atiku were largely due to his promise to restructure Nigeria and to Privatize NNPC. It is glaring that these two proposals make economic sense but due to political parasitism by the North, ethnic bigotry and self-centeredness, they will never allow this country to move forward. Everybody knows of a truth that the present NNPC is just a shadow of itself but some Nigerians hate the truth. I think Atiku should have played Buhari kind of politics - promise heaven and Earth and lie to the North in order to get their votes. Most Nigerians don't like who tells them the truth. That politically nailed Atiku.
Atiku was careful not to mention that in the north but only in the south which still backfired.

Only a fool would believe atiku would have dared restructuring had he won, it was a scam to buy south votes.

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by RTSC: 8:29am On Mar 24, 2019
No matter how Nigeria is, my ethnic group will thrive.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Denikayan: 8:31am On Mar 24, 2019
gratiaeo:

By the time you understand that South East is not only clamoring for restructuring but secession you might consider awolowo exit route

grin. Comedy

Pride comes before a fall.

If the South West or South South were clamoring, I won't have a problem cos the tend have to have structures on ground that can sustain them.

What's the South East banking on?

1 Like

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Vcblinks(m): 8:31am On Mar 24, 2019
gratiaeo:

don't mind that fool,that bastard don't't know that the money flow in the east alone is mouth watering.i stay there and i know this for real.i stay at anambra.there have abundance of oil in nzam axis.onitsha my town alone is a city lying on a huge deposit of gas.anambra have an abundance of rice and we have one of the best production unit for rice production.so the east is ecomically viable
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by noisy45(m): 8:31am On Mar 24, 2019
Restructuring will never see the light of the day and it won't come easy same with southern Nigeria succession. Until the southern Nigeria fights a bloody civil war with the north then we can be free. But who in southern Nigeria will dare the first move of war against the north yorubas of the SW won't dare even if the SS and SE are ready to fight bloody. The north has planned this move that is why major military and paramilitary installations are in the North to acert control over the south but we in the South West our time ranting online why the north are there getting there primary 6 certificate holders easy entry into the military and paramilitary organizations

4 Likes

Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by SpaceTour: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2019
North is the problem of Nigeria. It will be hard for Nigeria to make real progress with the north attached to it.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by anyaikenga: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2019
his name is even Anthony? these are the fools that claim to be Christian while 1000s of Christians are murdered. Poor people with Poor brain.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by Positiveminds(m): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2019
The North of Nigeria is determined to keep Nigeria in bondage and darkness as they are. A day will come and Nigerians will be free Las Las, it doesn't matter how long it takes.
Re: We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani by donprinyo(m): 8:34am On Mar 24, 2019
Parasites,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election 2020 / Crowd Chants "Obi" As Sensitive Election Materials Arrive Calabar / Omo-Agege Resumes, Signs Register, Leaves Senate Chamber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.