Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm (39097 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Praisesongz: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Not sure too. The images are insufficient
that’s a viper bro not puff
Puff are short and thick/fat

1 Like

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by shortgun(m): 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Looks like a spotted leaf nose.
If am right its non venomous.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by bluefilm: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mubby4luv:
Someone help me tag the snake master

Snake master indeed.

When the snake master bans you now for insulting him, na dat time your eyes go clear. shocked
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Drphemmy4u: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2019
Night Adder.It belongs to the viper family.Bites result in minimal swelling and skin death.Symptoms disappear in few days.They seldom attempt to bite unless severely provoked.

1 Like

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by bluefilm: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2019
xreal:

don't know if it's a viper.
But damn sure it's a highly venomous one.

Hope you didn't attempt to cook it.

From its scary look, its poison will always be with it either smoked, boiled, fried or barbecued.
I fear this one.

Lies.

According to Mr Bear Grylls of ultimate survival, all snakes are edible... as long as you remember to cut off the head.

For the poisonous snakes, the poison is usually located in the head section.

Once you remove the head, you are good to go...

If you're in doubt, ask the nairaland resident snake master himself. cool
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by nairamaniac: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
Op,how do we believe that u didn't get this picture from the internet?

There are a million pictures of snake on google.

Oya, write Lalasticala on a paper and today's date, then snap the paper next to the snake.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by OnyesomJ(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
The Snake be like Viper, Dangerous Serpent
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by eyinjuege: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
That's a venomous snake, puff adder/viper

1 Like

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Mubby4luv(m): 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
bluefilm:

Snake master indeed.

When the snake master bans you now for insulting him, na dat time your eyes go clear. shocked
But why would l insult him to start with?
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by kikake: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mubby4luv:
I was busy working at the farm this morning and I almost stepped on this bad boy, the snake tried to camouflage but as God has it, it days were already numbered.

Where?

Abi it's only in Kogi and Bsyelsa states they kill snake and tell where.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Olugbayi: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
I will quit Nairaland if you devourer continue to kill this beautiful, innocent animal.
What's the different between a Rabbit and Chicken that you kept at home.?
I've heard enough..!!
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Damfostopper(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olugbayi:
It's very sad that we're ignorantly wasting this beautiful animal.
This snake camouflage to avoid you and not to attack you.
They will soon be extinct and our grand children will only read about them in the newspaper.
They served our ecological systems by killing other rodents that destroy farm lands .
what is talking....... Mr animal activist... it's official... ur stewpidity is embedded in your coconut head
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by sod09(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ibime:

No be puff adder. Puff adder tail dey fat before slimming down right at the very end, like paddle.
I can't get the name cause I didn't see the head well
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by mobolaji234: 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mubby4luv:
Someone help me tag the snake master

Good day bro,
Please I'm interested in knowing how much that wire fence cost?
And how it's sold.
Thanks

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by dapadawee: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mubby4luv:
I was busy working at the farm this morning and I almost stepped on this bad boy, the snake tried to camouflage but as God has it, it days were already numbered.
that thing way be like worm na u kill they celebrate. u think say seun go reward u ole
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by praiseflowers(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
This testimony should be said in the church..Coz u found favour from God
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by wisdomkid: 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
Your phone camera is Fire HD
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by ManTiger(m): 1:38am On Mar 25, 2019
That is actually a very deadly snake.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by laptopsale(m): 1:41am On Mar 25, 2019
Ofonimeussoh:
This one na news
Go Thanksgiving nah for church,say u kill snake were I never kill b4
If only you know the breed of that snake then you will understand what God has done for the OP, that Viper is super deadly and highly venomous.

3 Likes

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by laptopsale(m): 1:43am On Mar 25, 2019
dapadawee:

that thing way be like worm na u kill they celebrate. u think say seun go reward u ole
That tiny thing can kill a full grown adult in seconds
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Bjornson01(m): 3:30am On Mar 25, 2019
pDudd:
It's an adder
Not necessarily an adder but its from the genus Bitis, it's population is widely spread in Savannah west Africa, and they are usually very docile and hardly attack even if they are mistakenly stepped on any part of their body, except the tail.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Judybash93(m): 6:00am On Mar 25, 2019
You know, a day is coming when the only thing that'll be left on earth will be humans.
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Topshow4real: 7:35am On Mar 25, 2019
You're wicked op, why kill that poor creature? angry
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Stallion84(m): 9:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Mubby4luv:

Congrats on surviving a supposed fatal bite. That my friend is a Gaboon Viper.

Bites from this species are extremely rare, due to their unaggressive nature and because their range is limited to rainforest areas. Due to their sluggishness and unwillingness to move even when approached. However, when a bite does occur, it should always be considered a serious medical emergency. Even an average bite from an average-sized specimen is potentially fatal. In humans, a bite from a Gaboon viper causes rapid and conspicuous swelling, intense pain, severe shock and local blistering. Other symptoms may include uncoordinated movements, defecation, urination, swelling of the tongue and eyelids, convulsions and unconsciousness.[3] Blistering, bruising and necrosis may be extensive. There may be sudden hypotension, heart damage and dyspnoea.[9] The blood may become incoagulable with internal bleeding that may lead to haematuria and haematemesis.[2][9] Local tissue damage may require surgical excision and possibly amputation to any affected limb. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaboon_viper.

Congrats again.

1 Like

Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Mubby4luv(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2019
Stallion84:

Congrats on surviving a supposed fatal bite. That my friend is a Gaboon Viper.

Bites from this species are extremely rare, due to their unaggressive nature and because their range is limited to rainforest areas. Due to their sluggishness and unwillingness to move even when approached. However, when a bite does occur, it should always be considered a serious medical emergency. Even an average bite from an average-sized specimen is potentially fatal. In humans, a bite from a Gaboon viper causes rapid and conspicuous swelling, intense pain, severe shock and local blistering. Other symptoms may include uncoordinated movements, defecation, urination, swelling of the tongue and eyelids, convulsions and unconsciousness.[3] Blistering, bruising and necrosis may be extensive. There may be sudden hypotension, heart damage and dyspnoea.[9] The blood may become incoagulable with internal bleeding that may lead to haematuria and haematemesis.[2][9] Local tissue damage may require surgical excision and possibly amputation to any affected limb. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaboon_viper.

Congrats again.
Thank you
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by ayaexd(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
That's a Gabon viper
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by ceononi: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Not sure too. The images are insufficient
its actually a puff adder which also belongs to the class of vipers....google is your friend!
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Sawzer(m): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
kemicalreaction:
cc Sawzer grin grin

grin
Re: I Killed A Snake Today At The Farm by Lagosrabbit: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Bros na viper u kill ooh..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Elephant Shaped Bunches Of Banana / Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 / Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.