Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Open Letter To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Buhari (305 Views)

2019: You Will Return To Your Homosexual Cows Says Reno Omokri To Buhari / Omokri To Buhari: My University In England Had A Module On Abacha’s Thievery / Saraki Vs IGP: No Appointment For Senate Delegation To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Buhari by Lainzo9710(m): 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
Your Excellency Sir, 
To start this letter I would like to introduce myself as an ardent supporter whose almost fanatical support has over time earned him scorn, derision and even hate from some myopic friends and kinsmen who see nothing good in your honest efforts. This introductory remark is not meant to curry favour but to assure you that my sole motive is to see you succeed in your second term in office, so that you may etch your name firmly in the history of this great nation. 
We, your supporters want you to make us proud by shaming the haters, with excellent performance on all sectors of national development, during the next 4 years. 
Please accept my hearty congratulations to your resounding victory at the just concluded presidential elections! 
Now, I would like to draw your kind attention to the following four areas where Nigerians would like you to focus more attention to achieve greater success this time.

1. HITTING THE GROUND RUNNING

Sir, one of the mistakes of the start of your 1st term was the undue delay in forming your Cabinet of ministers after you were sworn in on the 29th May, 2015. It is on record that it took you almost 4 months to present your Cabinet. This delay was unnecessary as it led to an unprecedented lull in governance because you believed, perhaps wrongly that civil servants could take over the duties of ministers. 
This time you must hit the ground running, as the saying goes. 
Sir, you must use this period, between now and your swearing-in to form your government, appointing really capable individuals who can genuinely help you to lift Nigerians from their present state of near hopelessness, especially in the area of the Economy. Undoubtedly party patronage will play an important role in this task, nevertheless competence should never be compromised. Remember that throughout your 1st tenure you never for once removed any of your ministers or refreshed your cabinet. I wouldn't like to believe that all your ministers performed to your utmost satisfaction, because they all didn't.

2. NEPOTISM

Mr. President Sir, you've been severally accused, rightly or wrongly of displaying gross nepotic tendencies when it comes to your appointments. I don't intend to argue over the merits or otherwise of these accusations but when I looked at the composition of the security briefing you held a few days ago with your Service Chiefs it looked really  demoralising because almost 95% of members of your security Council are made up of northerners.This could be coincidental but it doesn't make it right. A common adage urges one to 'use his tongue to count his teeth' when he seeks to know the truth. Your appointments must be seen to have a truly national outlook at all times, and here we are not talking of ministerial appointments which are constitutionally guaranteed. 
This brings me to the issue of 'marginalization' of Igbos. My candid advice on this is, please discard the strict application of your 95:5 ratio in your appointments this time. If the Igbos hate you as they have demonstrated time and again in their voting choices, you don't have to retaliate with equal hatred. 
Please sir, in making your appointments consider the whole country as your constituency and use it as an area of strength to achieve a total unification of a seemingly vastly fragmented country.

3. SECURITY

Sir, looking at this country today I see one where human blood-spilling seems to have become the order of the day. If we look away from the Boko Haram engagement which has been an ongoing war, how can one place the human carnage that is going on almost on daily basis in Kaduna and Zamfara States? What is going on in these states? What is the cause of this bloodtastiness? Why has it become impossible for our security agencies to halt the killings, arrest and punish the killers? It is disgusting, to say the least. Let me tell you something here, sir. The one single issue that could easily have cost you your reelection is not the poverty in the land, but your seeming inability to put a stop to these killings. Mr. President, I'm begging you, in the name of anything you hold dear to put a stop to the killings, without further delay. This madness should not be allowed to go on for a day longer. The unfortunate herdsmen/farmers carnage seems to have abated and we all hope that a permanent solution be found to that problem as well.

4. POWER/ECONOMY
I have deliberately lumped these two together because power generation and successful transmission  and distribution drives the economy, to a large extent, irrespective of whatever other views people may hold. 
Sir, most Nigerians hold the view that they would readily thumb-up any government that would set for itself a principal agenda of achieving uninterrupted power supply to the citizens in the 4-year tenure of that government. They are of the opinion that life without power is almost meaningless since we are no longer living in the era before the discovery of electric power. Look at the artisans, carpenters, shoemakers, welders, tailors, just to name a few. See our industrial capacities, both major and SMEs, these are the drivers of the economy but they're no longer working. Look at homes and families, how much they spend on fuel and generating sets. Sir, it's pointless going on and on as if the pathetic situation was not obvious to us all. 
Sadly, however no government has really given the issue of power the serious consideration it deserves. What we are perpetuating is one government carrying on from where the preceding one stopped, without any visible improvement, because there is no coordination in efforts and achievable results. 
To underscore the importance of power in our lives, an average husband and father returns home from a hard day at work, the first question for his wife is, have they brought light to this house today at all. The answer to the question sets the tone of the atmosphere for rest of the evening. Lack of power at home affects the emotional well being of an individual as well as performance at work, due to insufficient night rest resulting from excessive heat and mosquito bites. 
How can any nation boast of any real technological advancements without assured regular power supply? In this regard, can we in all honesty boast of  free, fair and credible electoral process if we continue in the manner we've been going about it. Yes, only if angels would descend from heaven to conduct the elections in place of the INEC. Would the most credible option not be the electronic voting system, as it done in most developed countries today? But how can we achieve that without uninterrupted power supply. The problems encountered with the introduction of electronic card readers are a sad lesson in this respect. Nigerians are therefore saying, the power situation must be urgently fixed, if we must progress as a nation. Since we've failed to achieve  this on our own during our almost 60 yrs of nationhood, with trillions of Naira already expended, should we not swallow our pride, go out there and invite the Chinese or Japanese or in fact any other developed country to come and fix it for us. There's really no shame in towing this line.

Thank you, Sir for your precious time.

I'm Yours Truly,

Engr.Emma Ndiokwere
ndiokwereemmanuel8@gmail.com
Re: Open Letter To Buhari by Opto1: 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Close letter to this op.
Dear op,

If you are jobless, I want you to know you are not the only one that's jobless and bored in nairaland, just to let you know we have a lot of jobless graduate here too and most them are bored. But rather than venturing to activities in futility because I see this as one, some of them smoke, hope and cope with the hardship of joblessness at least that's better than writing this to Buhari of all people that won't even read cartoon stories.

Op, spirit revealed to me what you can do whenever you are bored again rather than this nonsense, here are the list;

Smoke weed.
It will make you okay

Masturbate.

Have sex

Sing

Rap_ everyone can do this

Meditate.

Thank you.
Opto@gmail.com

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State AAC Dep Gov Candidate Withdraws From Race, Defects To PDP / Buhari Mourns Ahmadu Yaro, Salisu Buhari. / Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.