Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly (7512 Views)

Nigeria Football Team Of 23 Has Only Two Muslims / Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi / I Shook My Head The Last Time I Saw Bola Tinubu's Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by deomelo: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Patricia Etteh didn't stay up-to six months before she was removed and replaced with Bankole who is Yoruba muslim from Ogun.
Meanwhile when Eteh was the speaker, the then president was Yaradua who was a Muslim..

There has never been in the history of Nigeria where the President, Senate President, speaker and Chief Judge belonged to a particular religion like Buhari is planning .. It's always mixed up.

@ midastorch.. You are very daft.

Your ipob villages have christian/christian officials from top to bottom and your villages are still rotten and backward with zero meaningful progress or infrastructure so of what relevance is your silly and ignorant preoccupation with religion.?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by ProudBoy: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
Midastorch:

Why was Etteh removed Was it not for gross misconduct and abuse of office? Was she removed because she’s a Christian

Don't mind him. They just love twisting facts to suit thier ill conceived narrative.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by ProudBoy: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Saao:
you forgot nass can't be rubber stamp. Those guys are more politician than buhari, don't expect them to dance to your tune or that of buhari. Just wait for a shoke.
During PDP administrations, the presidents had the NASS in their pocket. Buhari is not doing that. He just needed someone he can peacefully work with.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
AyosMan:
Am so sorry to say this! Am an Urhobo man from Delta state. By God's grace I have being on this forum for the past 3-4years now..base on my observation am sorry to say, most times am so ashamed of d comments that is made by some sections of Yoruba's here. So one figure out a very important issue Yoruba's here never saw anything wrong in it....was this how OBJ, Yara'dua, Goodluck rule this country....most of U here when see evil close U blind eyes bcus it favours U 2day......forgetting 2muro drum beat will change..... May posterity judge each and everyone of U! Is well.....don't complain when same is done to U 2muro
thank you I've just created a thread about this
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by id911(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
gurnam:

Lmao! Is that a threat or a request ?

Anuofia grin

Na u sabi
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
Midastorch:

The two idiots that careless have sex to give birth to me are the daft ones here.....if they had flushed me, I won’t be here typing gibberish....BiSTARD

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by MetaPhysical: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:
I saw a thread on the front page where Buhari is pushing for Lawal and Femi Gbajabiamila as Senate President and the Speaker respectively.

We all know that APC is a sectional party who see it as a taboo to run an inclusive government that's why they have excluded the two regions they see as threat in their National Assembly Leadership despite contributing little to their success.

My question is, what happened to religious tolerance and accommodation ?
How can we live in a country that is 50/50 Christians and Muslims yet Muslims want to take it all.. ?
Nobody should call me a bigot because if it's the other way round, Prof Akintola of MURIC who speaks for Nigerian Muslims would have released a press statement by threatening people up and down like he does..

A President... Muslim
Chief Justice of Federation... Muslim
Proposed Senate President... Muslim
Proposed Speaker of Reps.. Muslim

Is Nigeria an Islamic country or is Islamization of Nigeria in progress ? (Always remember a country called Turkey)

And to those Christians that voted for APC, is this the type of government that you want to see in this country ?
SE and SS people that voted for APC, is this the promise they made to you during campaign ?

After 2015 election, the presidency told us that the reason why SE or SS could not produce a Senate President or Speaker was because there was no ranking senator from those two regions (Even when we had some ranking reps in APC then but they were not loud )... What happened now we have ranking APC senators from these two regions ?

APC should not be too confident because If care is not taken, What happened in June 2015 might repeat itself again (Saraki and Dogara factor) ...

The presidency should stop provoking people unnecessarily with this their archaic style of leadership.
Buhari should not start what he cannot finish.

Nice input. On what statute of law are you basing your argument?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by deomelo: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
Edodefender:
your Allah and Mohammed is a bastard and your region will continue to be the poorest, I'm not Ipob by the way

lmao at this psycho religious nut-job. This silly village ipob obviously think I'm a religious lunatic like him.

This is why you mentally disturbed and anti social elements can never be sane, lawful, tolerant and respectful members of any society.

And you wonder why you ipob clowns are always at the bottom of everything

grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by gurnam: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Why are you sounding incohorent, loooooooool?

Anyway, Nigeria is a secular state and, such as there must be a balance in all political appointments. The executive, legislative and judicial arms are headed by Moslems. How do you explain that?

I simply don’t give a fuuckk

4 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Oshin56(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
If they make then put traditional worshipper

2 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by MetaPhysical: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
AyosMan:
Am so sorry to say this! Am an Urhobo man from Delta state. By God's grace I have being on this forum for the past 3-4years now..base on my observation am sorry to say, most times am so ashamed of d comments that is made by some sections of Yoruba's here. So one figure out a very important issue Yoruba's here never saw anything wrong in it....was this how OBJ, Yara'dua, Goodluck rule this country....most of U here when see evil close U blind eyes bcus it favours U 2day......forgetting 2muro drum beat will change..... May posterity judge each and everyone of U! Is well.....don't complain when same is done to U 2muro

When responding on a political hotpoint such as religion and ethno divides you should frame your points with a background, whether historical, political or socio-cultural.

Yoruba are in good stand, no shaking, and your observation is not far from the truth. What you omitted to mention is that from a political and historical background Yoruba is the only ethnic group in Nigeria that have mastered the disciplines of opposition politics. As a ruling class we have been there and seen the other side of what it means to be in opposition and we are equipped beyond any other ethnic to play roles in both sides of the equation. We are not threatened by loss of power or loss of opposition, unlike many of you other ethnics in South afraid to be in opposition government.

In fact your 4yrs from 2015 to 2019 was spent opposing Yoruba instead of opposing government. You went into 2019 election behind Atiku and with determination to defeat Yoruba as a reprisal for Jonathan loss. Yoruba is not Nigeria abeg. You have lost, accept your loss and get in opposition with the government in center. Yoruba owe you zero allegiance!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by ozo13(m): 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
blackboy:
Under Buhari and APC Fed Character, etc are suspended. It is what suits them. Winner takes it all. See Kaduna.
plateau state too.I heard and had to google it to be sincere to myself. learnt Muslims are up to 20% of the population. Yet both the governor and his deputy r also Christian.I don't think anybody is complaining there .why r people always bringing religion in everything.
I just checkup up his gbajabiamila's religion.if they can balance it no wahala sha.it's all for peace

6 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nice input. On what statute of law are you basing your argument?

No law states that a presidential candidate and his VP should belong to different religion , yet Nigerians and politicians are complying

What's stopping APC from ensuring that religious equity is also applied in this context of NASS leadership ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by id911(m): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2019
deomelo:

lmao at this psycho religious nut-job. This silly village ipob obviously think I'm a religious lunatic like him.

This is why you mentally disturbed and anti social elements can never be sane, lawful, tolerant and respectful members of any society.

And you wonder why you ipob clowns are always at the bottom of everything

grin grin

NgeneUkwenu can't make a complete sentence without mentioning ipod. Abi they used ipod do otumorkpo for ur head?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by olalat(m): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
id911:

Educated illiterate! Smh
. You are the learned bigot, who would never complain if the case is other way round. Why are some people feel so insecure that they feel being marginalised on every national issues. Can you make prof9 where you did not invest? Nah.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by deomelo: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
[s]
id911:

NgeneUkwenu can't make a complete sentence without mentioning ipod. Abi they used ipod do otumorkpo for ur head?
[/s]

Guilty conscience dey catch this ipob...Are you a village ipob ni?

3 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by MetaPhysical: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

No law states that a presidential candidate and his VP should belong to different religion , yet Nigerians and politicians are complying

What's stopping APC from ensuring that religious equity is also applied in this context of NASS leadership ?

God is the only self-subsisting, no pair!
Everything else need a paired opposite to grow and better itself. From the smallest microbe at the bottom of natural order to mankind who God put at the head of everything in nature, nothing in life can make a progress unless it works in conjunction with something else to derive value for living.

Humans designed the systems that aid social evolution. We installed the order of paired opposite into systems and locked their functionality to its arrangement.

In democracy, a ruling side and an opposition side is a paired opposite and when functionally in orbit they can yield fruits of progress for society.

We need the ruling party and opposition party to work together and improve society.

The pair of Muslim/Christian in leadership is really a false pair because Islam and Christianity are same faith. Only practitioners of Spiritual beliefs have claims of marginalization and can demand redress.

2 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by rezky(m): 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
Some1 'll jst sit down and type rubbish to fuel unnecessary argument and division among d lot...i jst dnt knw aw some pple reason.
my question is wat re U driving @, and wat will U gain afterwards?

2 muslims cannot head d national assembly, 2 christians cannot also', i guess?
wat has really chngd wen it was 1 frm each religious belief...?
..and i bet U der wont be any diff. if dey are frm d same religion as well...so far its Nigeria.
For d Islamization u mentioned, we've all be hearing abt it for yrs nw, its jst political gimmicks of the politicians to create tensions. Quote me, Islamization cannot happen nt in dis country...las las d country go split nii.

I think its high time we stop draggin religion into politics... and stop creating unnecessary post dat wont av any effect on d change we clamour for..'

oilPUSSY:
I saw a thread on the front page where Buhari is pushing for Lawal and Femi Gbajabiamila as Senate President and the Speaker respectively.

We all know that APC is a sectional party who see it as a taboo to run an inclusive government that's why they have excluded the two regions they see as threat in their National Assembly Leadership despite contributing little to their success.

My question is, what happened to religious tolerance and accommodation ?
How can we live in a country that is 50/50 Christians and Muslims yet Muslims want to take it all.. ?
Nobody should call me a bigot because if it's the other way round, Prof Akintola of MURIC who speaks for Nigerian Muslims would have released a press statement by threatening people up and down like he does..

A President... Muslim
Chief Justice of Federation... Muslim
Proposed Senate President... Muslim
Proposed Speaker of Reps.. Muslim

Is Nigeria an Islamic country or is Islamization of Nigeria in progress ? (Always remember a country called Turkey)

And to those Christians that voted for APC, is this the type of government that you want to see in this country ?
SE and SS people that voted for APC, is this the promise they made to you during campaign ?

After 2015 election, the presidency told us that the reason why SE or SS could not produce a Senate President or Speaker was because there was no ranking senator from those two regions (Even when we had some ranking reps in APC then but they were not loud )... What happened now we have ranking APC senators from these two regions ?

APC should not be too confident because If care is not taken, What happened in June 2015 might repeat itself again (Saraki and Dogara factor) ...

The presidency should stop provoking people unnecessarily with this their archaic style of leadership.
Buhari should not start what he cannot finish.

4 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by MetaPhysical: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
rezky:
Some1 'll jst sit down and type rubbish to fuel unnecessary argument and division among d lot...i jst dnt knw aw some pple reason.
my question is wat re U driving @, and wat will U gain afterwards?

2 muslims cannot head d national assembly, 2 christians cannot also', i guess?
wat has really chngd wen it was 1 frm each religious belief...?
..and i bet U der wont be any diff. if dey are frm d same religion as well...so far its Nigeria.
For d Islamization u mentioned, we've all be hearing abt it for yrs nw, its jst political gimmicks of the politicians to create tensions. Quote me, Islamization cannot happen nt in dis country...las las d country go split nii.

I think its high time we stop draggin religion into politics... and stop creating unnecessary post dat wont av any effect on d change we clamour for..'

The ones making noise about it will be most adversely impacted if APC decides to institutionalize what they demand.

Kaduna, a NW state, has had Christian Governor and Deputy Governnor.

Yobe, a NE state, has had Christian Governor and Deputy.

Several states in NC, SW, have had Christian Governor and Deputy.

SS and SE have always been governed by Christians. This is where the noise for balance comes from. So an institutionalized balance will transform religion in their zones in ways they have not imagined. The competition for power will heat up differences along religious line and their muslim candidates will start reaching to muslim populations in North, West for sponsorship and support. SS/SE is not Islamized now but it could if the changes they demand is made into law.

My advice to them...
"Becareful what you agitate for....if granted it could shake the earth underneath you!" grin

4 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:14am On Mar 26, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Bro say something meaningful, somebody raised an important point that needs to be looked at from all angles cos Nigeria been a multiethnic as well as two major religion been practiced in this said country, one would expect you to take a cursory look at what op said and give a professional/unbiased judgement to it. Cos we have to thread carefully as a nation in our quest to promote the one Nigeria slogan not just theoretically but practically .

God bless Nigeria.

Dont mind the fellow...has he ask if its only Christians occupying such positions, what Nigeria would hv boil into by now
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Joe88(m): 1:31am On Mar 26, 2019
In as much as I have not found one credible political office holder in Nigeria, our focus should always be on credibility and performance. Ethnicity or religion cannot be a yardstick if we must move forward.
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by iyayip(m): 2:10am On Mar 26, 2019

is atiku of pdp christian?
so why d useless talk
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Shinjitsu: 5:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Islam in Nigeria is the religion of the devil
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by InaNla(f): 5:24am On Mar 26, 2019
shocked
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Westtimeline: 7:00am On Mar 26, 2019
Preshy561:

You must be a Yoruba Christian Then, cos you guys are the most unstable folks ever.
No wonder your muric wants your head down atall cost, keep voting for a religious bigot like buhari, it will consume you.
Did you vote Atiku?, if you do, then same thunder will fire you. So, you are stable and you couldn't vote the igbo guy madogwu, a Christian. Shameless hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Westtimeline: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Be proud of your religion for once. This is a faceless forum. Nobody will beat you.
Did you not vote Atiku a Muslim. Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Westtimeline: 7:19am On Mar 26, 2019
AyosMan:
When it was done yesterday, what did I say? Hypocrite.
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by rummmy: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2019
This country is not ready to move forward with all this Muslim nonsense
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by announcement: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2019
I DON'T BLAME PEOPLE FOR THESE COMMENTS I ONLY BLAME MURIC ( that is presently dividing Yorubas along religious line ) FOR THEIR CHILDISH RELIGIOUS BEHAVIOR THAT HAS MADE CHRISTIANS TO WANT TO FEED THEM WITH THE SAME MEDICINE MURIC HAS BEEN FEEDING THEM......PERSONALLY I DON'T HAVE PROBLEM WITH THOSE SELECTED GUYS IRRESPECTIVE OT THEIR RELIGION OR TRIBE IF THEY ARE COMPETENT I MEAN HIGHLY COMPETENT FOR THE JOB
Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Iamgrey5(m): 8:12am On Mar 26, 2019
To be honest, I don't support another Yoruba man to be the speaker of the house.

I will have supported someone from south/south if given the opportunity.

Alas my votes don't count in the red chamber

Good luck to those selected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today / Nigeria’s External Debt Grows By 411% In 8 Years — Actionaid / Senators, Reps Consider Tinubu’s ₦‎27.5 Trillion Budget Without Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.