Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) (2562 Views)

I'm Not Better Than KEKE MARWA Drivers. Please Read This ! / Cargo Tricycle (piaggio) @2.2mil / Please I Need A Keke Marwa On A Hire Purchase Or Daily Return In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Ravon: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
The India-based ride-hailing firm Ola recently launched a fleet of Bajaj and Piaggio autorickshaws in Liverpool with an aim to overtake Uber as the region’s top taxi-app. Passengers enjoyed tuk-tuk rides free of charge on the first day.

Managing Director of ride-hailing giant Ola Ben Legg had an interesting day at work last week when drove people around the city of Liverpool behind the wheel of a Bajaj Re autorickshaw. The taxi-app recently launched a fleet of Bajaj and Piaggio autorickshaws in Liverpool with an aim to overtake Uber as the region’s top ride-hailing firm. People around the city saw brightly painted tuk-tuks with drivers wearing neon green jackets ferry passengers around. To celebrate its entry in the region, the Indian company offered rides free of charge around the Liverpool City Centre.

While Ola aims to challenge Uber on a global scale, it has said that its fleet will allow more choice to the customers and pay a larger share of the fare to the drivers compared to Uber.

“I have been driving passengers around the city today and have really enjoyed the chance to discuss the challenges that the community faces and how we can help with our new technology, Managing Director of Ola UK Ben Legg said, adding: “We are celebrating bringing more travel and employment choices to Liverpudlians with our ride-hailing app with the help of the community choir.”

Ola UK bajaj auto Liverpool tuktuksOla UK offered rides to passengers across the city free of charge on the first day of its operation. Introductory offers to celebrate Ola’s entry in Merseyside includes 50% off for customers who download the app before the end of April. As part of its pledge to empower drivers, Ola says it offers the highest driver rates, charging 10% commission to black cabs, compared with 25% charged by competitors.

Ola was first launched in the UK in Cardiff in August 2018, followed by a launch in Bristol in October and then in Bath and Exeter in November. The launch Liverpool is the fifth for Ols UK and the start of its expansion in the North of England this year.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/25/keke-marwa-in-uk-ola-uk-introduces-bajaj-piaggio-green-tuk-tuks-pictures/

1 Like

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Or11: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
This will never work in the winter.

4 Likes

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Galaxyowerri(m): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
Keke napep is meant for third world countries in Africa, India and Pakistan among other hopeless places. This is an unwelcome development and would soon be scrapped by the authorities there!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
This one strong pass wetin dem dey assemble for naija oo. I blame our leaders for allowing substandard items into Nigeria.
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by MistadeRegal(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
cheesy
About to start littering the street of UK too...
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by meezynetwork(m): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hmm. Will it work? Well it's possible if they are coordinated.
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
A wonderful opportunity for Willian and Alonso to start new careers. Good news!

2 Likes

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by SarkinYarki: 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
They don't know that that vehicle is carries the spirit of poverty and chaos anywhere it goes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
Some Nigerians will be part of the riders definitely (no probs with that) but don't come here to form accent for our own keke riders ooo.
Waiting for those that curse naija and the likes because of stuffs like this to come tell us how this is different from naija own.
Keke na keke biko

1 Like

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by MetaPhysical: 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
Galaxyowerri:
Keke napep is meant for third world countries in Africa, India and Pakistan among other hopeless places. This is an unwelcome development and would soon be scrapped by the authorities there!

No, not necessarily. It has functionality in a highly mobile society, regardless of its value class.

What I suspect will happen is they will use existing law to restrict operation by speed and kerb weight and perharps make new law with road markings to give it protection.

1 Like

Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by MrLankeeee(m): 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
Galaxyowerri:

Is Nigeria really hopeless?
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Keke napep can defaced a fine city.
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by ClitRaider: 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
A wonderful opportunity for Willian and Alonso to start new careers. Good news!
haha!
You dey craze ni?!
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
ClitRaider:

haha!
You dey craze ni?!
No
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by grandstar(m): 12:49am On Mar 26, 2019
I feel they need something like these in American suburbs due to their poor public transport system. It's compulsory you own a car I'm most American cities.

But rather than use it as a taxi service, it would be better using thishe Naija style where they will be roving about and picking passengers like you have in Banana Island or Parkview

Also the vehicles used must be trendier than a tuk tuk

It will provide a decent income for many blue collar types..
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2019
The world is gradually becoming one... grin
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by partnerbizz4: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2019
So in winter at -40 you will be using keke abi?

Is keke fast?

What about rains.

That keke is useless i swear. shocked

Sell Airtime to us and make money!
Also buy Mtn, glo and etisalat data on promo from us.
See over 751 testimonies below.
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by generationz(f): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2019
I cant believe my eyes
at least the driver Wont share his seat with a passenger
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by ClitRaider: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
No
Ohh that's good. don't go crazy, always stay sane.
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by mungoparks: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2019
It's better, since no agberos,those smelling dirty looking idiots undecided
Re: Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) by gcof(m): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Some Nigerians will be part of the riders definitely (no probs with that) but don't come here to form accent for our own keke riders ooo.
Waiting for those that curse naija and the likes because of stuffs like this to come tell us how this is different from naija own.
Keke na keke biko
there wil be a very big difference ranging from mode of operation to standard of the keke to rider and ridee communication. I am just concerned about how it will work during winter

(1) (Reply)

Intex Air Bed/ couch / What Is The Process Of Getting Portable POS Machine From Any Of The Banks? / How Do I Make Money Into My Payza Account ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.